• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back when they first put out hard crafting stuff, a lot of FC members actually gathered around Bara (I think?) at the housing area to watch him craft. By looking at his animations and the workbench we could see what the status of the craft was. And a bunch of people in voice chat argued about what he should do next, because Bara was sitting there with like a million gil in crafting materials and none of us had the gear to 100% HQ the craft lol

Ah, the good old butt-clenching crafting sessions with Bara...

dramatis

Need some advice from y'all. I played when ARR launched and got to level 25 and quit until Heavensward when I played until level 25 again on a new character. I just started playing again on my 2nd lvl 25. I feel like so much has changed since I last played that I'm a little lost. But I don't want to re-level a character.

Am I missing too much and should I just start over or is it pretty much similar enough that I can keep going?

Also, materia...do I need to go to that goblin tent to break stuff down and infuse weapons? I had a 100% spirit bonded weapon and couldn't see how to break it down in the item menu..:
There is a quest you take at level 19+ from the materia guy in Central Thanalan, called "Forging the Spirit". It'll unlock the ability to convert 100% sb gear into materia.

Nothing much has changed for a low level character other than the addition of Palace of the Dead (also something you need to pick up a quest for), which helps low levelers gain exp much quicker.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Two new DPS are going to do nothing for duty finder except make queue times... Sloppy.

Time to master DRK.

Yeah, I wonder if it was a mistake getting PLD and WAR up to 60. But then, with the cap going up to 70, which will probably take most of Stormblood's base story to get to, there'll be good que times for those. Same with SCH (2nd main). But having my current main be BLM probably won't be great.

I should go back and take a 2nd look at the 3 jobs from HW, don't think I got any of them past level 35.

Pollux

There is a quest you take at level 19+ from the materia guy in Central Thanalan, called "Forging the Spirit". It'll unlock the ability to convert 100% sb gear into materia.

Nothing much has changed for a low level character other than the addition of Palace of the Dead (also something you need to pick up a quest for), which helps low levelers gain exp much quicker.
Where do I pick up the quest for palace of the dead? Or should I focus on the main story for my first time through and palace of the dead for other jobs?

Lanrutcon

Game doesn't need more dps. Or tanks. Who likes tanks? uppidity, obnoxious glory hogs. Or healers! they're like, half dps anyway if you believe the elitists.

No, what this game needs is more crafters and gatherers. I want to be a Chocoboneer.

Pachimari

You should be able to do it from the duty list at least (the thing in the top right, not the quest journal). If you can't, might need to do a support ticket as something isn't working.

Yeah, that's what I usually do, but this time it didn't work. But never mind, if it happens again I'll do a support ticket.

On iTunes US store, can you buy the OST for ARR/HW as an album or by individual track?

Because since I have no BR drive on my PC, buying the physical copies is kinda out of the question (BR Disc only) and on the iTunes UK store you have to purchase each track individually...

studyguy

Just buff DRK and PLD to outrageous degrees, whatever. It won't happen but they're so bad at balancing patch to patch that it wouldn't be unheard of.

studyguy

WAR and SCH will be nerfed

WAR and SCH will still be mandatory OT/cohealers.

blog_magic_8_ball_signs_yes.jpg

draw4wild

So I just bought HW since ninja hit 50 and I had nothing else to level. Still waiting on a friend to catch up on msq so we can finish it together. I've just been doing roulettes while waiting. Did I get bad at trials or are they just brute forced now? Did Garuda and she seemed to just sit in the middle the whole time. Ramuh/ifrit was the same. No one trying to avoid eruption or spreading out the lightning strikes.

Also, when it comes to chocobo breeding, is it just get to P9 and then start breeding hoping for a good roll of 4stars? I'm just looking to beat all the challenges for the mgp. This late into HW lifecycle I'm not looking to farm gear so I'm using this time doing stupid side shit, Fenrir being first up

iammeiam

Tank balance is going to be interesting because their goal in 4.0 is raising the skill floor but I legitimately don't know how you do that any more for Paladin. The room for growth there seems to come in more in giving it a higher skill ceiling, but then that'll annoy people who like it for being the 1-2-3-4 tank.

studyguy

Tank balance is going to be interesting because their goal in 4.0 is raising the skill floor but I legitimately don't know how you do that any more for Paladin. The room for growth there seems to come in more in giving it a higher skill ceiling, but then that'll annoy people who like it for being the 1-2-3-4 tank.

No tank has a difficult rotation. Not a single one.
At best DRK has a slightly involved opener that requires blowing your load but beyond that it's still largely 123.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thinking about popping back in and taking a break from wow for a while. What's the status of the Ultros guild? Are you guys still playing?
Still alive. How long have you been gone and what's your in game name? If it's been a while and you're still in the fc or somebody's friend list we can send you a free week of sub time.

ebil

I don't think their plans are about raising the skill floor for Paladin, if anything it'll probably be about raising the general skill floor to paladin levels.

Besides, tanks and healers aren't particularly difficult to play in general.

At best DRK has a slightly involved opener that requires blowing your load but beyond that it's still largely 123.
Come on, there's a Dark Arts somewhere between 1 and 3, that must count for something!

Killthee

On iTunes US store, can you buy the OST for ARR/HW as an album or by individual track?

Because since I have no BR drive on my PC, buying the physical copies is kinda out of the question (BR Disc only) and on the iTunes UK store you have to purchase each track individually...
Only the 2.1 - 2.55 album can be bought as an album. The other three osts are listed as partial albums and can only be bought as individual tracks.

BTW the BR OSTs include an MP3 download of all the tracks. If you have a PS3, PS4, or an XB1 you can launch the disc and copy the download link to download it on your pc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/224it5/downloading_the_ffxiv_soundtrack_from_ps3ps4_to_pc/

iammeiam

There not being a difficult tank doesn't keep PLD from being an extreme case, though. Like, people frequently invoke it letting them 'focus on other things' as an argument in the job's favor, because it has less going on than the other tanks despite their also fairly straightforward rotations.

BLCKATK

Are any of you guys interested in Diadem at all? I'm actually pretty bummed it's delayed. I found the originally version fun for the first week of release, when people were still trying to explore the islands, but ultimately it was still a bust. I enjoyed that it was content that I could do with my Free Company regardless of skill level though. I'm looking forward to the revision since the idea of the Diadem is something I've always enjoyed.

There not being a difficult tank doesn't keep PLD from being an extreme case, though. Like, people frequently invoke it letting them 'focus on other things' as an argument in the job's favor, because it has less going on than the other tanks despite their also fairly straightforward rotations.

The simple nature of PLD letting me focus on other things was something I definitely considered a strength as someone who needs to do calls for raids (and land those clutch Clemency casts on people learning fights) but I would very readily exchange that for a more interesting job if it came down to it.

Robin64

wZKtNNP.png

This is good. As a controller player, I felt like the 50 to 60 stuff was just overboard and the inclusion of the double-tap thing on the controller bar was just a bandaid.

Plus anything to help the casual players not be quite SO far behind the rotation perfectionists is good in my book.

ebil

Are any of you guys interested in Diadem at all? I'm actually pretty bummed it's delayed. I found the originally version fun for the first week of release, when people were still trying to explore the islands, but ultimately it was still a bust. I enjoyed that it was content that I could do with my Free Company regardless of skill level though. I'm looking forward to the revision since the idea of the Diadem is something I've always enjoyed.
Yeah, I'm very interested to see how it turns out, since it's probably the blueprint for Eureka.

Diadem was conceptually fun but very shallow. If they can execute it right I'm all for different types of battle content.

Killthee

I am just cause it's something we can run together as an fc. Hoping the long delay on it means it's actually good this time.

ilium

Is/was Diadem for lv 60 only? I know my FC will be all over it when it comes out cause we've been building lots of airship stuff lately, but I'm only 56 and I'd rather not rush to 60. Taking my sweet time with everything (and disabling the minimap in the corner) made me enjoy the game so much more than the last time I played...

Killthee

Is/was Diadem for lv 60 only? I know my FC will be all over it when it comes out cause we've been building lots of airship stuff lately, but I'm only 56 and I'd rather not rush to 60. Taking my sweet time with everything (and disabling the minimap in the corner) made me enjoy the game so much more than the last time I played...
Yes, everything there hits hard so you would die pretty fast if you weren't 60.

iammeiam

I maybe have an FC with a house and airships entirely centered around securing access to Diadem without needing a full party

It will probably be dumb but PotD and Aquapolis turned out ok so maybe optismism

Still alive. How long have you been gone and what's your in game name? If it's been a while and you're still in the fc or somebody's friend list we can send you a free week of sub time.

I didn't play super extensively but I got to 50 with you guys a bit before heavens ward launched. I can link my character, and the regret that is Peko Pois... Something. Gotta figure out the lodestone again

Only the 2.1 - 2.55 album can be bought as an album. The other three osts are listed as partial albums and can only be bought as individual tracks.

BTW the BR OSTs include an MP3 download of all the tracks. If you have a PS3, PS4, or an XB1 you can launch the disc and copy the download link to download it on your pc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/224it5/downloading_the_ffxiv_soundtrack_from_ps3ps4_to_pc/

Hmm, ok. SE's website makes it as clear as mud, or my eyesight's just that bad :p

The EU Store doesn't seem to have ARR's OST in stock so...i need to check around.

duckroll

Didn't get to do a ton today. Just watched all the Grand Company speeches, picked Twin Serpents, finished up recruitment, did a couple of Company Leves, got my personal Chocobo (named it Duckroll lol!), and unlocked Palace of the Dead. Slow XIV day.

Pachimari

I only got 45 MSQs left of A Realm Reborn. Am I actually gonna do it? I'm closer than ever. Never thought I would get this close, but it's right there in my sight!

Luigi87

Contacting support to see if I can get my account back.

You are currently no. 7 in the queue. The estimated waiting time for your chat is 03:24 .
Please note that your position in the queue may change depending on the nature of your inquiry.
The number hasn't moved... So I'm left wondering if that was minutes, hours, days... Or maybe just March 24th...

Edit: I just got bumped to no. 8 p_o

Edit 2:
You are currently no. 9 in the queue. The estimated waiting time for your chat is 04:22 .
Please note that your position in the queue may change depending on the nature of your inquiry.

SQUARE, THIS IS THE WRONG DIRECTION

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Didn't get to do a ton today. Just watched all the Grand Company speeches, picked Twin Serpents, finished up recruitment, did a couple of Company Leves, got my personal Chocobo (named it Duckroll lol!), and unlocked Palace of the Dead. Slow XIV day.

Twin Adders. You chose wisely.

Post a picture of your character. I want to see what you picked.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Twin Adders gear is ugly but they're the most competent faction on Ultros for PVP.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I only got 45 MSQs left of A Realm Reborn. Am I actually gonna do it? I'm closer than ever. Never thought I would get this close, but it's right there in my sight!
The quest grind is worth it. Heavensward is much better paced from what I played.

Pachimari

The quest grind is worth it. Heavensward is much better paced from what I played.
It's a though act. Having to do PotD and level up four levels or so to take on the next quests. And then rinse and repeat. I don't even wanna imagine how you guys did before the PotD with FATEs and roulettes. But yeah, it's a huge grind. I've been playing for about 8 hours straight today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom