• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

duckroll

Considering where I started... Maybe I'll just buy the game and Heavensward bundle, refund my standalone Heavensward (I haven't unlocked the key yet) and start new...

If you want to start on a fresh account, you don't have to refund anything. You just have to buy ARR for 10 bucks. In the end I think the price is the same. 10 + 10 vs 20.

Buuuuuuuuuuut. You shouldn't HAVE to start a new account. That's messed up!

Luigi87

If you want to start on a fresh account, you don't have to refund anything. You just have to buy ARR for 10 bucks. In the end I think the price is the same. 10 + 10 vs 20.

Buuuuuuuuuuut. You shouldn't HAVE to start a new account. That's messed up!

Good point. Starting fresh I guess there is no real reason to purchase Heavensward.
Well, aside from locking me out of the jobs/races?

And yeah, this sucks x_x
I'm trying to be patient with this chat... I just know the 50% off sale will end soon (was supposed to end yesterday apparently, lol)

duckroll

Good point. Starting fresh I guess there is no real reason to purchase Heavensward.
Well, aside from locking me out of the jobs/races?

No what I mean is. If you haven't used the HW key you already bought, you can use it on the new account. You don't need to refund it and then get the bundle.

Luigi87

No what I mean is. If you haven't used the HW key you already bought, you can use it on the new account. You don't need to refund it and then get the bundle.

Oooh!
... Wow I am dumb x_x
Good point!

Edit: Okay, did as you suggested.
I swear, sometimes the obvious answers completely elude me.

Edzi

There's no way to modify your character model without wasting a Fantasia potion, right? I realized I made my tail kind of short and I really want to change it, but wasting the potion and having to buy a new one (for ten fricken dollars) for any future changes is kinda lame.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Sup, lvl 56 Ninja here, with the longest and most fluffy tail known to man.

mGfbZ4T.jpg

There's no way to modify your character model without wasting a Fantasia potion, right? I realized I made my tail kind of short and I really want to change it, but wasting the potion and having to buy a new one (for ten fricken dollars) for any future changes is kinda lame.
You get a free fantasia after like a month of subscribing I think.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I still have my free fantasia potion. I've been debating changing it up, though I'm so used to my old ass elezen design, built as a spiritual successor to my old FFXI character. Maybe I'll hold off and change for Stormblood. Wish they weren't so expensive.

Bowlie

Banned
I entered Azys Lla today with the help of a certain NPC...

:c best character

but now I have a sick flying mount

Luigi87

Well I've made a new account, and it's installed. I also have an unused PS3 copy I bought like two years ago, so that should give me another month too I guess?

Um, hm, not sure where to start this time. Last time I unlocked Dragoon and stopped, but dunno if I wanna do that again. Was thinking Scholar or Bard perhaps? I read the latter is more DPS though?

Kenai

Well I've made a new account, and it's installed. I also have an unused PS3 copy I bought like two years ago, so that should give me another month too I guess?

Um, hm, not sure where to start this time. Last time I unlocked Dragoon and stopped, but dunno if I wanna do that again. Was thinking Scholar or Bard perhaps? I read the latter is more DPS though?

SCH is a healer and BRD is dps, yea. Leveling ACN also unlocks SMN which is a DoT based DPS with a pet (think Necromancer if you ever played EQ) so you get two for one.

I luv SCH, but it's pretty easy to change jobs on the same character and try out whatever you like until something clicks. It will take a few hours of play to unlock the ability to do that, and your starting city affects the beginning story, but that's about it.

Luigi87

SCH is a healer and BRD is dps, yea. Leveling ACN also unlocks SMN which is a DoT based DPS with a pet (think Necromancer if you ever played EQ) so you get two for one.

I luv SCH, but it's pretty easy to change jobs on the same character and try out whatever you like until something clicks. It will take a few hours of play to unlock the ability to do that, and your starting city affects the beginning story, but that's about it.

Alrighty, I'll look into each starting city as well.
Thanks!

I remember so little, lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Yeah but you'll have to install it to register the game. Once that's done you can also get a free upgrade to the PS4 version (won't get another free 30 days though).

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a51c0dbf019fc744b3411b8f8e06d20c1826d455

Luigi87

Yeah but you'll have to install it to register the game. Once that's done you can also get a free upgrade to the PS4 version (won't get another free 30 days though).

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a51c0dbf019fc744b3411b8f8e06d20c1826d455

Oh wow, I didn't know they brought back the upgrade campaign. I guess it makes sense with them phasing out PS3 with the next expansion.
... hm I can also get an additional 14 days if I wait for the PS4 upgrade after my 60 days end in April <_<

The amount of money I've spent on those damn fantasia could probably buy me a years FFXIV sub. :p

Luigi87

Dammit, I just missed being able to make a character on Ultros because I was taking so long, lol...
Guess I'll wait. At least I can save appearance options.

I have kind of a dumb question. I bought a PC copy after already owning a PS4 version. Bought it from the Square store, but I can't seem to find where my registration code is. Is it in the game files or do I have to check on Square's store (which seems to be down right now)?

Luigi87

I have kind of a dumb question. I bought a PC copy after already owning a PS4 version. Bought it from the Square store, but I can't seem to find where my registration code is. Is it in the game files or do I have to check on Square's store (which seems to be down right now)?

Yeah it's on your store account, as the Square Enix Store account is completely separate from the Square Enix account.

Once the store is back up, you just go to your orders, then click download, then unlock your registration key to enter in the game with your main FF14 account.

There not being a difficult tank doesn't keep PLD from being an extreme case, though. Like, people frequently invoke it letting them 'focus on other things' as an argument in the job's favor, because it has less going on than the other tanks despite their also fairly straightforward rotations.

After playing all three tanks for a long while I've found there's barely any difference when it comes to noticing stuff during tense battles. Your rotation regardless of difficulty eventually becomes muscle memory. You can still mess up but that's more to do with losing your cool when bad things are happening. I drop Goring, I mess up Berserk, I use Dark Arts on the wrong thing, all of this occurs on all three tanks if I lose my focus or something takes me by surprise and unnerves me.

Paladin could just be mashing two buttons one after the other and you could still mess that up if you lose your focus.

I think it's a really really bad point for someone (not saying you said this) to argue in favour of Paladin being boring. Simple shouldn't mean unengaging or boring. Warrior to me is the right kind of simple while Paladin is more like the clunky kind of simple.

In these sorts of discussions no one's talking about turning Paladin into a pro game of Starcraft 2 so I always find it strange that some people are heavily opposed to changes.

I understand some people are worried that Paladin is going to turn into a super complex job despite no one arguing for that but regardless of what happens some people aren't going to like the changes just by virtue of the fact that there will be new abilities from 60-70.

ilium

Yes, everything there hits hard so you would die pretty fast if you weren't 60.

Oh, I See. Well I Hope people don't lose interest too soon then..

Also,I Just got myself the encyclopedia eorzea from the EU shop yay
Thought they were sold out everywhere, so I couldn't resist..

Is there a first time completion lore bonus for Alex Normal?

I wanna get a PF group going as the DF times are awful for Gordias, but I don't want advertise bonus if there isn't one.

Any charitable GAFers are welcome to help out of course. :3

duckroll

Is there some sort of mobile app for FFXIV where I can access retainer services and do buying/selling/inventory stuff without launching the game itself?

Coming back to FFXIV due to all the Stormblood hype. I'm going to be starting a new character on Ultros for this since I haven't gotten very far on my other characters. Is the Guildwork step of the GAF guild recruitment still valid? Just wondering.

Killthee

Is there a first time completion lore bonus for Alex Normal?

I wanna get a PF group going as the DF times are awful for Gordias, but I don't want advertise bonus if there isn't one.

Any charitable GAFers are welcome to help out of course. :3
Yes.

Is there some sort of mobile app for FFXIV where I can access retainer services and do buying/selling/inventory stuff without launching the game itself?
Not at the moment, but it might finally come out later this year. It was originally supposed to come out around 3.0s launch then it got pushed back to 4.0s launch and just recently got pushed back again to sometime after 4.0 launches.

Do you plan to allow people to communicate with others in the game or use in-game functions via a mobile app?

Yoshida: We're actually working now on a new app that will allow you to communicate with your Free Companies, Linkshells, and friends in the game, but it won't be complete in time for the release of Stormblood. However, I think it will be introduced to coincide with one of the patches shortly afterwards.
Square Enix is creating a mobile app a portion of which allows to chat with your friends, your linkshells and your free company without being logged into the game. That part of the app is already finished. Other features like access to retainers and market are also in development. The team intends to launch it before the next expansion.

Coming back to FFXIV due to all the Stormblood hype. I'm going to be starting a new character on Ultros for this since I haven't gotten very far on my other characters. Is the Guildwork step of the GAF guild recruitment still valid? Just wondering.
Yes.

Can a few people post what the game looks like for you at max settings?

I've just built a PC a few days ago, and I just don't think XIV looks right to me at max settings.

It's pretty sad people can't do A2S at these ilevels. I just had 3 wipes in a glamour farm solo heal party and we wiped every time on the last set of enemies. People still need to do mechanics.....

11 MSQs to go in the original Heavensward release. What's a rough estimate for running through all the patch quests to get fully caught up?

Going to press on with the DRK (58 and climbing), then get my PLD (54) to cap. Debating between a WAR or healer after that. I'm not super concerned with gearing anyone out before the expansion, just increasing my options.

ebil

11 MSQs to go in the original Heavensward release. What's a rough estimate for running through all the patch quests to get fully caught up?

Going to press on with the DRK (58 and climbing), then get my PLD (54) to cap. Debating between a WAR or healer after that. I'm not super concerned with gearing anyone out before the expansion, just increasing my options.
Roughly 6 hours, counting the dungeons and trial to get caught up to the current patch if you don't skip the cutscenes.

Killthee

Can a few people post what the game looks like for you at max settings?

I've just built a PC a few days ago, and I just don't think XIV looks right to me at max settings.

Took some really crappy shots to give you an idea of what it looks like on my pc. Everything is at highest setting, UI is turned off, no special effects from photo mode.

http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=jHOkvJIV

B.K.

Is fishing important to any crafting? I assume Culinarian needs some fish for recipes. I don't really want to touch fishing, if I don't have to. I never bothered with it in XI, either. There was too much to keep track of with all the different rods and lures and what catches what fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom