• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is fishing important to any crafting? I assume Culinarian needs some fish for recipes. I don't really want to touch fishing, if I don't have to. I never bothered with it in XI, either. There was too much to keep track of with all the different rods and lures and what catches what fish.
Culinarian mostly, a little bit of Alchemy, and at least 1 Leather set (Sky Pirate). It also comes in handy for Cul desynthesis which provides mats for swim suits and since the next expansion is swimming based we might be getting some new rare swim suits only available via fishing/cul desynth.

Rods are easy in this game, you equip the best one you can depending on your lv/money/time you're willing to grind. Most gear is shared with the other 2 gathering classes so you don't usually have to go out of your way to gear up as fisher if you're leveling the other 2. Lures suck though, there's way too many in ARR and not enough inventory space for it all. Thankfully they rectified that problem in HW by limiting the amount of lures required in HW zones and hopefully they do the same in SB. The other factors in fishing are time and weather, but it's not that big of a deal to keep track of everything thanks to the awesome sites dedicated to fishing.

http://ff14angler.com/
http://www.garlandtools.org/ffxivfisher/

BLCKATK

2 or 3 Fan Fests later and I still have no idea what they're doing with the 4.0 battle system revamp.

I mean the four most important bullet points are:

- They are reducing skill bloat. The goal is that in Stormblood we have a little less abilities than we have right now, but same functionality.
- There will be role-specific actions coming in place of Cross-Class Abilities.
- Jobs will have specific UI elements to tell us information about things critical to playing our job correctly. Example: A UI element for Black Mage's Enochain buff.
- All jobs in addition to new abilities will be getting certain things adjusted, some more than others.

I personally am not expecting anymore than that. It's what they've discussed so far and they haven't really hinted at anything else from what I can tell.

Teknoman

They really haven't said anything yet, besides they know that we need some love and that we're getting a rework.

Cool because even with added combos, it still felt more of the same / kinda repetitive, although I couldnt bring myself to drop it and go to drk... I know I wont be able to resist Sam though.

2 or 3 Fan Fests later and I still have no idea what they're doing with the 4.0 battle system revamp.

I still think per character Limit Breaks should be a thing, and not tying it to the entire party.

Squishy3

Cool because even with added combos, it still felt more of the same / kinda repetitive, although I couldnt bring myself to drop it and go to drk... I know I wont be able to resist Sam though.

I still think per character Limit Breaks should be a thing, and not tying it to the entire party.
They'd need to severely nerf them in PVE content though. Healer LB3 would also need to be removed from the game, having 2 of those (or more) would let you cheese mechanics really easily. Not to mention stuff like 2 tank LBs.

It's not going to happen in PVE content.

Roughly 6 hours, counting the dungeons and trial to get caught up to the current patch if you don't skip the cutscenes.

Thanks, gives me something to aim for next. I always skip the cutscenes in dungeons and trials for my party's sake, then watch them after on YouTube.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was so happy to be able to upgrade the final item on my left side to ilv 270. After I got the upgrade item, went to the NPC and realized that you need a right side upgrade item for your belt...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
They'd need to severely nerf them in PVE content though. Healer LB3 would also need to be removed from the game, having 2 of those (or more) would let you cheese mechanics really easily. Not to mention stuff like 2 tank LBs.

I think it could work if they only did it for new dungeons. Could even design some unique bosses that require tank/healer lbs or ones that require a simultaneous melee and ranged lb. It's pretty silly as is that tank/healer and to a lesser effect ranged get so little opportunities to hit lb compared to melee in dungeons.

Luigi87

Staring at the character select screen occasionally refreshing servers.
Imma be up late tonight just to finish this.
Work tomorrow, and I had a four day weekend. Why didn't I get the urge to start playing again back on Friday, lol

B.K.

Staring at the character select screen occasionally refreshing servers.
Imma be up late tonight just to finish this.
Work tomorrow, and I had a four day weekend. Why didn't I get the urge to start playing again back on Friday, lol

Good luck. It was 5:00am on a Saturday night before I finally got into Ultros.

What are the chances that they'll put out a higher res texture pack for the expansion?

Probably zero.

Sometimes I look at 1.0 videos and notice how much better the character models look especially how the musculature of every character is more defined and noticeable. I imagine a good chunk of that was the textures and lighting. If they allowed people to download a texture pack or something (if their PC is strong enough to handle it) that would be cool but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I do remember that for Heavensward they added a personal character lighting option and DX11.

With PS3 support gone I would hope they would add some more graphical improvements.

Well I mean they could just nerf LBs until they are virtually useless. Which they already are unless you're a DPS.

Outside of a few very specific uses which were seen only in the top-level current raid tiers, the tank LBs have always been useless.

The healer LB3 is actually not very good for cheesing, because it raises you in weakness and most of the time you come up only to be immediately killed by the next mechanic because you were raised on the spot where you died.

Healer LB3 gets rid of weakness now.

Also when you ressurect you are immune to damage for a while until you do something.

That's why I always laugh when people rez with low hp then decide to start attacking something then die immediately after to damage.

There should be a PSA to wait for healing before you start doing anything after being ressurected.

Lanrutcon

I mean the four most important bullet points are:

- They are reducing skill bloat. The goal is that in Stormblood we have a little less abilities than we have right now, but same functionality.
- There will be role-specific actions coming in place of Cross-Class Abilities.
- Jobs will have specific UI elements to tell us information about things critical to playing our job correctly. Example: A UI element for Black Mage's Enochain buff.
- All jobs in addition to new abilities will be getting certain things adjusted, some more than others.

I personally am not expecting anymore than that. It's what they've discussed so far and they haven't really hinted at anything else from what I can tell.

DOT Timers. For the love of god, give me a way to track my DOTs efficiently.

kagamin

17754480252836380672_kysrd.png

Bowlie

Banned
People, I reached lvl. 60 and, after finishing the 3.0 main questline, I unlocked a bunch of duties that I can't go to because my ilevel is too low :/

Will the following MSQs give me better equipment like in 2.x? If not, could anyone tell me where to go to find better equipment?

My ilvl is currently 145; thank you!

People, I reached lvl. 60 and, after finishing the 3.0 main questline, I unlocked a bunch of duties that I can't go to because my ilevel is too low :/

Will the following MSQs give me better equipment like in 2.x? If not, could anyone tell me where to go to find better equipment?

My ilvl is currently 145; thank you!

No. Rewards for 3.xx MSQs are mostly cosmetic stuff like minions.

Do Clan Hunts for Centurio Seals. You can get a full set of ilvl 200 gear (which you can then quickly upgrade into 210s) in a week doing the daily level 1-3 marks.

Doing your daily marks will net you 115 seals each day, plus your weekly elite B mark is another 100 seals. A full set of Artifact Gear costs a total of 865 seals, which you can get in a maximum of 7 days, less if you keep an eye out in the Party Finder for elite A and S rank hunts.

210 gear will get you through every MSQ except for the very last one.

Qvoth

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Heavensward_Gear_Progression
just follow the guide
doing msq just by themselves don't grant equipments afaik, but they unlock dungeons that can give you better gear than what you currently have
took a quick look at the guide and i think the fastest way for you to raise your ilvl now is probably just buying NQ stuff from the market board to i200 and then farm the 1st void ark alliance raid while simultaneously farming lore and scipture tomestones (at your current ilvl i think you can only do this by joining hunts)

Bowlie

Banned
^
I should have figured that someone else had the same problem.

Thanks, you two, I unlocked hunts for a while but never messed with them; will do now! c:

*gets really excited to continue with Heavensward or try out the Pugilist/Monk today*

"Your subscription has run out"

hooowww do I even forget about this...

yaffi

Thanks, that makes sense. So here in ARR I guess I am in Ishgard. And they seem to be a french quarter of Eorzea? Having french names and all.

These are just ishgardian fortresses. You don't have access to Ishgard itself until you start Heavensward.

Just had my first rage quit in this game on A11. Why is it so hard for people to move away from the group when they're marked with prey, seriously?

And it figures, right as I'm DF banned for 30 minutes a near-full Alex normal farm pops up in Party Finder. Serves me right I guess.

Qvoth

wanted to get healer dun scaith body since imo it looks good, went to raise my ilvl from 140ish to 240+ by spending my shire and sophia tokens and then got the body from my 1st run lol
been a loooooong while since i played sch, pretty fun i guess
wtzgU.gif

Yoshi said in an interview that Proto Ultima will have a 10% clear rate. This guy couldn't be more wrong about things. He said a similar thing about POTD floor 200 which was beaten 4 days after patch. Does this guy just love disappointing his players? I mean it will be the first 24 man trial so I'm quite excited for it. It is a super huge shame it is just a reskinned boss but I'm looking forward to the stats on the accessories that drop. My BLM and AST are 269.... I'm literally missing the a12s chest for healer and blm a11s pants which I will have next week to get 270 but I hope the accessories have great stats!

Yoshi said in an interview that Proto Ultima will have a 10% clear rate. This guy couldn't be more wrong about things. He said a similar thing about POTD floor 200 which was beaten 4 days after patch. Does this guy just love disappointing his players? I mean it will be the first 24 man trial so I'm quite excited for it. It is a super huge shame it is just a reskinned boss but I'm looking forward to the stats on the accessories that drop. My BLM and AST are 269.... I'm literally missing the a12s chest for healer and blm a11s pants which I will have next week to get 270 but I hope the accessories have great stats!
I mean, it sounds like a nightmare because it's a 24 man trial tuned to almost level capped players. If grabbing 8 people that aren't braindead can be hard, imagine trying to coordinate 24 in a supposedly hard fight.

ebil

It is extremely easy indeed (maybe I was lucky to get semi-competent people, I've only killed it once), but people from my FC managed to wipe multiple times to it at the EU fanfest, and apparently saw its enrage.

Now that I think about it the clear rate thing could be related to the whole "IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY" unlocking thing they mentioned, at least at first.

dramatis

What are the chances that they'll put out a higher res texture pack for the expansion?

Probably zero.

Sometimes I look at 1.0 videos and notice how much better the character models look especially how the musculature of every character is more defined and noticeable. I imagine a good chunk of that was the textures and lighting. If they allowed people to download a texture pack or something (if their PC is strong enough to handle it) that would be cool but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I do remember that for Heavensward they added a personal character lighting option and DX11.

With PS3 support gone I would hope they would add some more graphical improvements.
Nah, it was overuse of polygons. The reason why people don't have butts, for instance, is because they trimmed polygon count from characters. Furthermore, objects in the scenery would also have ridiculous amounts of polygons. It wasn't only the fault of PS3 support that 2.0 looks different technically from 1.0, it was that the original game emphasized development of graphics over a lot of other things.

Stuart444

TIL: Healer LB3 has a finite range; if you're too far away you won't be rezzed.

Indeed, there has been many times in dun scaith where it's been used and at least one person has not been rezzed (and once, half the party didn't get it).

On a side note, I posted this in FC chat last night but I'll post here for people who don't know.

I just learned yesterday that you can copy hotbars between classes and jobs.

For the Cross Hotbar, you would type:

/chotbar copy (class) (bar number) (job) (bar number)

i.e. /chotbar copy thm 1 blm 1

or for the Hotbar, you would just type /hotbar instead of /chotbar.

Been playing since 2.1 and only just found out this was possible, would have saved me a lot of trouble if I knew before now (since we need to put skills on our bar again whenever we put on a job crystal for the first time).

Luigi87

Went to bed at 2AM, woke up at 3:30AM, got into Ultros, went back to bed.

Now to finally play some before work this afternoon!
Where to begin, lol... Guess I'll start with MSQ stuff

Rynam

Indeed, there has been many times in dun scaith where it's been used and at least one person has not been rezzed (and once, half the party didn't get it).

On a side note, I posted this in FC chat last night but I'll post here for people who don't know.

I just learned yesterday that you can copy hotbars between classes and jobs.

For the Cross Hotbar, you would type:

/chotbar copy (class) (bar number) (job) (bar number)

i.e. /chotbar copy thm 1 blm 1

or for the Hotbar, you would just type /hotbar instead of /chotbar.

Been playing since 2.1 and only just found out this was possible, would have saved me a lot of trouble if I knew before now (since we need to put skills on our bar again whenever we put on a job crystal for the first time).

And you can also make some Nice looking menues with the hotbar copy stuff. :)
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/34cftn/guide_macrobased_ui_101/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/343iwe/example_of_macros_functioning_as_submenus/

studyguy

tfw dun scaith run and you end up tanking as a DPS at the start of every fight because every tank refuses to put effort into actually tanking. Seeing diablos' final form ping around the map is truly terrifying.

Vic_Viper

Is there any way to get a Carbuncle minion currently without buying the stuffed animal? Would buy one from the MOG station store, but I dont want that plush lol. Maybe if it was more of a statue/amiibo sort of thing I would, but that plush doll just looks super cheap.

DarkKyo

I've only recently started doing Wondrous Tails and I have a question.. If I already have 1 line completed and waiting to turn the book in, if I shuffle things around with second chance do I lose that first line complete if I end up with no lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom