• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only recently started doing Wondrous Tails and I have a question.. If I already have 1 line completed and waiting to turn the book in, if I shuffle things around with second chance do I lose that first line complete if I end up with no lines?
Yes, shuffle is a complete crapshoot, only risk it if you have no lines to lose.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I've only recently started doing Wondrous Tails and I have a question.. If I already have 1 line completed and waiting to turn the book in, if I shuffle things around with second chance do I lose that first line complete if I end up with no lines?

Yeeeep. Still might be worth it if the second line is good enough.

aceface

Is there any way to get a Carbuncle minion currently without buying the stuffed animal? Would buy one from the MOG station store, but I dont want that plush lol. Maybe if it was more of a statue/amiibo sort of thing I would, but that plush doll just looks super cheap.

It's not cheap at all if that's what's holding you back. One of the better plushies I've bought. All the FFXIV ones are pretty high quality.

Doombear

Yep, fun right?! I generally hit 7 stamps before I do anything. If I have a line by 7 stamps, I sit on it and pray to the lottery gods that my last two stamps fall nicely. If I don't have a line at 7 stamps then I will use my Second Chance points to shuffle until I hopefully get one line. So far, I've hit one line in the last three WTs (which are the only three WTs my newbie Au Ra has ever done).

Took some really crappy shots to give you an idea of what it looks like on my pc. Everything is at highest setting, UI is turned off, no special effects from photo mode.

http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=jHOkvJIV

Thank You!

I guess the AA being nonexistent, with the combination of moving around just looks really bad to me on this new PC.

Although I'm still not sure it looks quite as good as yours in still photos either.

Nah, it was overuse of polygons. The reason why people don't have butts, for instance, is because they trimmed polygon count from characters. Furthermore, objects in the scenery would also have ridiculous amounts of polygons. It wasn't only the fault of PS3 support that 2.0 looks different technically from 1.0, it was that the original game emphasized development of graphics over a lot of other things.

Yeah I read about cutting polys from the butts but I didn't know that they cut them from other parts of the character models as well. I guess that explains why Elezen no longer have abs that beat 2.0 Highlander abs.

I just want something to put this extra PC juice towards. Better character/armor/clothing textures would be a start but like I said I'm not holding my breath.

I'll settle for a set of transformable tank armor.

Squishy3

Thank You!

I guess the AA being nonexistent, with the combination of moving around just looks really bad to me on this new PC.

Although I'm still not sure it looks quite as good as yours in still photos either.
You could possibly not have DX11 turned on, which is under config in the launcher itself.

Thorgal

forgot to post a pic of my alt warrior in training . yesterday .

ffxiv_dx112017-02-230f9uwz.jpg

kagamin

Hit 60 on Scholar today with roulettes, finally! Now I just need to get my left side geared up since all my right side gear is 235 and only my earrings are 245.

I think it is pretty silly Zurvan bird is getting a buff rate so soon. They didn't do this for Sophia when it was still relatively new. I guess it is an excuse to make the phoenix mount less rare.

So... for my blm. What the heck is BiS? The shire gloves or Alex gloves? I have multiple people tell me I have too much SS and to put alex gloves on for crit. Is this the better choice?

B.K.

Stop GAFing hunts, GAF!

I need those seals more than you do and so does everyone else! D:

I was in a hunt last weekend where someone pulled early and everyone went on for five minutes about how pulling early is going to be called GAFing. I saw a few GAF people hunting, too. I saw Katarina Arius quite a few times over the weekend and a few times last night.

So... for my blm. What the heck is BiS? The shire gloves or Alex gloves? I have multiple people tell me I have too much SS and to put alex gloves on for crit. Is this the better choice?
Shire hat, boots, ear, wrist, one ring, rest Alex. Acc>SS>Crit for melds, with one Piety meld on the shire ring.

SS is barely better than Crit this tier.

Meeting accuracy cap? SS>Crit

Edit in case: I did say crit>ss first, but it is in fact SS>crit.

I have 1174 SS without food. My crit can hit 900+ with food but people say my SS is too much. I'm confused. Yeah, I hit the acc cap a long time ago... I'm just wondering why the additional crit apparently helps. I always prioritized Spell speed. Got any suggestions or do I just keep my Augmented shire and buy something else with my 10s pages?

Squishy3

/blist

Half joking, but I do actually do this to the obvious jerks that are actually rude with this meme in game.
There are multiple people in my FC that repeat this meme and swear everytime it's actually GAF that does it.

9/10 times it's some guy's Egi. Or there was a pull time determined and you weren't there to see when the pull time was determined. And hunts are awful anyway cause everyone complains about S ranks being pulled then never shows up to any A ranks that are called that spawn ten times as much and add up to way more than one damn S rank.

iammeiam

....Hmmm so what you're saying is mine is too much and I should put more crit?

Spell speed lets you cast faster, but one of the primary motivators to stack is to get your garden variety enochian rotation in under 20 seconds and your 6 F4s in under raging in the opener. Beyond that the value sort of tapers off--your individual casts are faster and it may let you complete a cast you'd have to have canceled anyway, or move a little more without losing your rotation, but you don't benefit as much from spell speed after that point as you did leading up to it because you're not really getting anything extra into your Enochian cycle. There might be another breakpoint where suddenly you can get another cast in somewhere that matters, but that's why people settle around where they do.

Crit, on the other hand, basically always gets better the more you have. More crit makes you crit more, and makes your individual crits crit harder. The more you have the better it gets, and there's no point where adding more crit isn't worth it which is why pretty much every job ends up stacking it.

/blist

Half joking, but I do actually do this to the obvious jerks that are actually rude with this meme in game.
It hasn't been GAF every time, but every one in a while. Last 20 hunts, three early pulls as I call out pull time, call for otws.

Two of them were GAF tag.

It's ok, though. See,
You have to suffer GAF FC chat and I don't. :^)

Really though, does GAF have a linkshell? I have FC leader responsibilities for my friends so I can't go joining the FC.

B.K.

I accidentally pulled early once when I first started hunts. I was in Central Thanalan trying to get to Sabotender Bailarina and I was looking at the map so I wouldn't go past it and I accidentally ran into it with my Chocobo and pulled it.

Grisby

Getting excited about Stormblood. Haven't played much at all, only to do holiday events. Still stuck at the end of Dragonsong war after beating it.

Improved inventory seems coolio and is something I;ve been wanting for years. Curious as to what the battle improvements could be.

Saw the special edition up for preorder on squares store but man that's some rich blood right there. Wonder if we can get the pet/mount dlc buy just buyin it digitally or something.

Pachimari

I skimmed through my Encyclopedia again and I keep being speechless and so damn impressed by the littlest of details about everything in the world of Eorzea. There's the history of the card deck, what every country's flag means, how the aether works in mother nature and even the stupid weight of the gil coin and the history of it.

Also I'm really not looking forward to doing the PotD floors 51-60 six plus times tomorrow just to level up to lvl 46.

TheExodu5

Banned
Just started playing a few days ago.

Started off as a Lancer because I love dragoons, but ended up switching to Conjurer since healer is more fun to play in groups and this would allow me to queue faster.

Once I unlock DRK, I may switch over to that since I like tanking as well.

Man, one thing that's surprised me about the game: the music. I always turn off music in MMOs. I loathe the music in WoW. But in FF XIV, it's perfect. This seems like it could be one of the best FF scores out there. Time will tell.

Is healing and tanking really fun in XIV? I kinda want to stick with lancer -> dragoon....
If you find it fun do what you like!
So far I've found myself enjoying the intense stress of healing in duties. In most cases I know that if I mess up and die the party goes with me. Same for a tank.
So I guess there's just extra, personal risk/reward stuff in it.
I'd say it's fun though. :)

Luigi87

So with the couple of hours I've managed to get into the game I've gotten Arcanist up to lv.7. I like that the class uses a book, and like that Scholars and Summoners use them too. Something cool about books as weapons, lol

Qvoth

Is healing and tanking really fun in XIV? I kinda want to stick with lancer -> dragoon....

generally they're more "important" compared to a dps' role
i wouldn't necessarily say they're more fun, everyone's definition of fun is different after all
i've been a blm main since 2.X and i think the class currently is pretty fun (at least more fun than blm@50), but i'm sure there are plenty who doesn't like blm because of casting time

I wonder if they will re-order the skills that you learn as you level.

For example they could re-order Dragoon skills so early leveling is no longer Impulse Drive city until level 26.

Paladin could get Shield Oath at 30 instead of 40 for smoother aggro gen (never understood why Warriors get Defiance at 30 but Paladin gets Shield Oath at 40), etc.

Qvoth

I wonder if they will re-order the skills that you learn as you level.

For example they could re-order Dragoon skills so early leveling is no longer Impulse Drive city until level 26.

Paladin could get Shield Oath at 30 instead of 40 for smoother aggro gen (never understood why Warriors get Defiance at 30 but Paladin gets Shield Oath at 40), etc.

they're going to start selling jump potions, i doubt they're going to bother with low level stuff anymore

suzu

Depends if you find those roles fun in the first place.

I think it's easier for new players to play a dps for their first class, so they can see how all the fights are. If you ever get bored of dps, it's easy to switch to something else though.

aceface

It hasn't been GAF every time, but every one in a while. Last 20 hunts, three early pulls as I call out pull time, call for otws.

Two of them were GAF tag.

It's ok, though. See,
You have to suffer GAF FC chat and I don't. :^)

Really though, does GAF have a linkshell? I have FC leader responsibilities for my friends so I can't go joining the FC.

GAF FC doesn't do any sort of organized hunting and no longer has a hunt linkshell. Anyone pulling early is on their own.

duckroll

Depends if you find those roles fun in the first place.

I think it's easier for new players to play a dps for their first class, so they can see how all the fights are. If you ever get bored of dps, it's easy to switch to something else though.

Dresden keeps telling me to try out other classes before committing too much to lancer. I don't know if it's actual advice, or if it's part of a long con where he and haly try to get me to play a tank or healer because they're both dps. On one hand I feel it's probably good to try out the range of roles to see what clicks best with me. On the other hand I'm a stubborn turd who tends to stick with game decisions I've made based on totally arbitrary reasons (in this case it's because after creating my character, a spear looked the best when I was scrolling through the classes and looking at the pose).

._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom