• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Like four days ago, CRP was the only crafting job I had any levels in. Now:

C5dmJt1XMAAJxVF.jpg

What shall replace the Paissa for meme value.

the inside of the giant ramen bowl

Really, I mostly just want to mess with new skills / rotations stuff far more than seeing any particular place or locale.

This is my number one but I figured since that's probably the case for everyone that I'd focus on environments.

Another thing I want to know is if we are getting more zones than in Heavensward. Since we're going to Ala Mhigo and Othard, I wonder if they're each going to have the same number of zones as the Ishgard region.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they did. Maybe that's why they're shifting the number of quests over to the MSQ side versus sidequests since the main quests will lead us around through all the different areas.

Pachimari

Hasn't duckroll only been playing for like a week? Took me a month to reach lvl 40, and that was a year ago lol.

Took me since fucking launch to get to lvl 44 where I am now. I haven't been playing it religiously 6 hours a day either though, and have had many months break. But the past three days I've been playing 5-6 hours straight.

So what places are people looking forward to exploring in Stormblood?

Right now I want to explore Kugane the most to see how much of the area you can actually run through. I also want to know what the town music will be like. If it's anything like the trailer then it might just become my new hangout/afk spot.

I'm not too thrilled about the Chinese/Japan-inspired setting so:

I actually want to see Ala Mhigo. In between the monks and the towers and statues it has a Tibetan vibe which is pretty unique in MMOs.
I'm very much looking forward to Ala Mhigo, because it gives me this feel too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just had my first instance of "Wait, I can actually use this HQ armor I just crafted for log completion on one of my other classes".

Yeaaaah boooooi, self-sufficiency!

Allard

I'm not too thrilled about the Chinese/Japan-inspired setting so:

I'm very much looking forward to Ala Mhigo, because it gives me this feel too.

I'm still very curious how many new zones we are getting and what the cut off will be. When they first announced the expansion they mentioned 'at least' a similar amount of zones to Heavensward which had a total of 6 field areas and one Player city (which had 2 zones). We have already seen a total of 3 field areas in Othard and only one field area in Ala Mhigo. Now they have said the expansion will be 50% Ala Mhigo/50% Doma storyline but based on the new map alone there is so much more new places to explore in Othard then what little we know of Gyr Abania and maybe Xelphatol. I hope at least 3 field areas for Gyr Abania like how there was 3 field areas for Dravania in HW, and I'm guessing the cut off for zones in Othard is everything east of the great inner river on Othard. If they add stuff west or even south of that then there will need to be far more then 6-8 field areas for this expansion.

Cmagus

I've been working on getting Alex gear for my DRK I just got to 60 a few days ago and the RNG is such garbage in this game. The first night I ran A12 for 5 hours and the last two days I've been off I've run it for 10 hours and 6 hours today and I've managed one drop. I had some stuff saved up and I needed 1 shaft and one spring and I managed to get one shaft in 3 days. I still need to run A9 and A10 for the rest of the stuff and I'm not sure if I should just wait for the expansion to gear since I still have my ninja pretty geared.

What's the post HW grind like for gear?

My next msq is to do The Vault and I'm just thinking ahead. I assume it's a token grind but I kinda want to try Alexander as well, if it's not too bad.

What's the post HW grind like for gear?

My next msq is to do The Vault and I'm just thinking ahead. I assume it's a token grind but I kinda want to try Alexander as well, if it's not too bad.

Shire gear is best you can get right now at 60 if you don't raid Alexander Savage. Lore gear is a step below Shire but doesn't have weekly limit. Once you unlock the Duty Roulette you can start grinding tomes for gear.

aceface

I've been working on getting Alex gear for my DRK I just got to 60 a few days ago and the RNG is such garbage in this game. The first night I ran A12 for 5 hours and the last two days I've been off I've run it for 10 hours and 6 hours today and I've managed one drop. I had some stuff saved up and I needed 1 shaft and one spring and I managed to get one shaft in 3 days. I still need to run A9 and A10 for the rest of the stuff and I'm not sure if I should just wait for the expansion to gear since I still have my ninja pretty geared.

You could set up a pf and say "stay for 3-4 runs until everyone gets loot." Or co-opt your FC into doing it with you.

Qvoth

alex normal gears are i250 but not upgradable, unless you're raiding alex savage and haven't cleared 9s/10s but still low average ilvl i don't really see the need for you to get them
it's more efficient to skip them and get scripture tome gears, which you can immediately upgrade into 270 by doing the 3 void arks

Omni

I finished my DRK relic.

What am I supposed to spend lore on now hmmmm. Sure as hell not doing another one

alex normal gears are i250 but not upgradable, unless you're raiding alex savage and haven't cleared 9s/10s i don't really see the need for you to get them
it's more efficient to skip them and get scripture tome gears, which you can immediately upgrade into 270 by doing the 3 void arks

Great filler gear though. Scirpture takes a while and it's nice to be able to hit i250 in the meanwhile. Especially for Zurvan and general PF requiremets at this point, I'd argue

alex normal gears are i250 but not upgradable, unless you're raiding alex savage and haven't cleared 9s/10s but still low average ilvl i don't really see the need for you to get them

Yeah but you can get a fullset of 250s with a couple days of grinding whereas a full set of shire gear will take months due to the weekly cap on Scripture.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
After I hit 60 I went:

Garo Gear -> 230 Lore Gear (for accuracy) -> 245 from Baelsar's Wall and Sohm AI (Hard) -> 250 from A9-12 -> 260 from Dun Scaith/Shire -> 270 by upgrading Shire

Ideally you want to unlock Dun Scaith (235) ASAP so you can start getting weekly 260 pieces, which means a lot of Baelsar's Wall/Sohm Ai (230) and A9-12 (230). Waiting for Shire takes way too long.

I don't know if this was posted yet but this is a great progression scheme except you can skip everything under 230 with GARO gear: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5p72tj/how_to_gearing_up_at_level_60_in_35/

Kenai

So now that PS3 support is being dropped, will we get the booties back?

That was actually the very first question in the Live letter (bless the official forums) and I distinctly remember Yosh-P mentioning he'd ask the art team about it, but no confirmation of anything.

Honestly I dunno why they had it in 1.0 (for 1-2 race/gender combos) and can't have it again, but I admit to knowing nothing technical about the work involved.

I want it so bad though. Hank Hill butts are a plague.

So now that PS3 support is being dropped, will we get the booties back?

I want visible belts back. Do it for Nomura!

That lead me to this and I'm so happy and well educated now.

Butts of Eorzea [FFXIV (‿ˠ‿)]

Remember: in Eorzea, enemy mobs have a great deal of effort put into their butt modeling but player characters get nothing! NOTHING!

edit: Oh damn, I just realized this is the same person who made this great video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNwMrRU1Uv4

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Redx508

so next week is Patch 3.55a (Feb 28) and we are getting the first 24 man trial Proto Ultima. so we are moving Dun Scaith to wednesday.

Dun Scaith wednesday at 9pm EST.

Proto Ultima tuesday 9:10pm EST.

279726208114098178.png
275723160840830976.png

The Triple Triad card grind is real, killme/10

These drop rates are too small for garbage dungeons that take too long. The Vault? Saint Mochianne's Arbetoreum? Screw youuuuuu. Gimme my card already...It wouldn't be so bad if I could just undersized party it, but then I probably wouldn't be able to get the card that way anyway. The Vault I understand, it's a leveling dungeon. But 60 dungeons with ilvl caps...

Have they posted any information on the new minimum pc requirements for Stormblood?

Also, how often do live letters come around? I have only seen 3-4 over the last couple years.

Jayhawk

I can always carry people through thd new 24 man like I did in EU fan fest, like the Monk who died and got carried. I even had to play as a lalafell. Reminded me of fantasia bets during t13 progression. Rip lalafell view point.

kagamin

Wow, I just ran Snowlcloak solo as a Monk, that was kind of awful but also really fun because the fights were a lot closer than they were when I originally ran the dungeon (for reference I was running it for my anima).

Also:

Shire gear is best you can get right now at 60 if you don't raid Alexander Savage. Lore gear is a step below Shire but doesn't have weekly limit. Once you unlock the Duty Roulette you can start grinding tomes for gear.

Cool. I'm really enjoying my Dragoon, just done The Vault (loved the visuals and music) so I'm really just thinking ahead for when I'm done with the 3.0 story.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Cool. I'm really enjoying my Dragoon, just done The Vault (loved the visuals and music) so I'm really just thinking ahead for when I'm done with the 3.0 story.

Finding a hunt is also useful for grinding tombstones for Shire gear, and you get special seals that can be used for items to upgrade shire gear to 270. See if you can find a hunt LS on your server.

Voror

Weird question.

I am looking into jumping back into the game. Fell off due to not having as much time with work at the time and sort of not having a lot of luck making progress since I was focusing on leveling a Dragoon (was at Haukke Manor if memory serves).

I'm looking at my account on Mog Station and the only version it shows me as having a license for is ARR, but I had recently gotten the ARR/HW combo when it was on sale on Amazon.

I was just curious if I need to do something to get that to show up or am I out of luck and I'll just get prompted to purchase HW again or something?

Weird question.

I am looking into jumping back into the game. Fell off due to not having as much time with work at the time and sort of not having a lot of luck making progress since I was focusing on leveling a Dragoon (was at Haukke Manor if memory serves).

I'm looking at my account on Mog Station and the only version it shows me as having a license for is ARR, but I had recently gotten the ARR/HW combo when it was on sale on Amazon.

I was just curious if I need to do something to get that to show up or am I out of luck and I'll just get prompted to purchase HW again or something?

Have you registered the serial code you got from Amazon on mogatation?

Voror

Have you registered the serial code you got from Amazon on mogatation?

Ah, no only on PSN. I suppose that must be it then. I'll see about adding it on Mog Station then. Thank you, I hadn't even thought of that.

Edit: Oh there doesn't seem to be a code on the order to add to Mog Station. Only the PSN code. Need to see if I can find the one for Mog Station somewhere.

Edit 2: Ah got it. Logged into the game and it prompted me to add it.

I remember one of the potential examples (NOT FINAL) they gave for raising the skill floor was making Enochian auto refresh when it hits 0 but if you manually refresh it then you'll get some kind of bonus.

With that in mind I wonder if they might do something with Monk like if you let GL3 run out it just goes down to GL2 instead of losing all 3 stacks.

That was actually the very first question in the Live letter (bless the official forums) and I distinctly remember Yosh-P mentioning he'd ask the art team about it, but no confirmation of anything.

Honestly I dunno why they had it in 1.0 (for 1-2 race/gender combos) and can't have it again, but I admit to knowing nothing technical about the work involved.

I want it so bad though. Hank Hill butts are a plague.

haha, good.

I hope there's a butt slider so we can make the butts juicy.

hey, just been bashing away at the trail on EU Lich. Just wondering before I upgrade to the proper thing if they still have a recruit the friend thing going for anyone here to take advantage of

I got an idea for new stuff they could give Paladins in Stormblood.

Give them the ability to equip 2 swords or 2 shields.

Give them an ability that lets them use two shields and two swords at the same time.

A super mode that turns your swords and shields into remote weapons (think Gundam) while you attack with Holy empowered melee attacks. You also fly/hover during this mode.

I think they should hire me as a game designer.

Anyone know if they have any openings right now?

Wagram

Rewatching the Heavensward cut-scenes and playing through its continuation just frustrates me to no end at how much of an embarrassment XV's storyline was.

Rewatching the Heavensward cut-scenes and playing through its continuation just frustrates me to no end at how much of an embarrassment XV's storyline was.

Yeah, that's why I'm glad Stormblood is out this year so I can get back into my daily FF story fix. I still have hopes XV will be complete in the not so near future but it isn't my priority to care right now >.<

I got an idea for new stuff they could give Paladins in Stormblood.

Give them the ability to equip 2 swords or 2 shields.

Give them an ability that lets them use two shields and two swords at the same time.

A super mode that turns your swords and shields into remote weapons (think Gundam) while you attack with Holy empowered melee attacks. You also fly/hover during this mode.

I think they should hire me as a game designer.

Anyone know if they have any openings right now?

They should give all the tanks DPS builds.

Warriors should be able to switch to a DPS build that dual-wields axes. The new name for the DPS version of Warrior will be Berserker. When you are a Berserker, you no longer have access to any tank skills. Instead all your skills are DPS skills and most of them involve you burying your axes painfully in your enemies like it's Soul Calibur.

Dark Knights will still use their Greatswords in their DPS builds, but now they are called Nightmare. When you are a Nightmare, your Greatsword awakens and gets an eye on the hilt and glows black. Killing your enemies heals you because the sword absorbs their life force. You need to keep a sustained killing pace because the sword is also absorbing your life force and draining your HP anytime it is not damaging an enemy while you are in combat.

They should give all the tanks DPS builds.

Warriors should be able to switch to a DPS build that dual-wields axes. The new name for the DPS version of Warrior will be Berserker. When you are a Berserker, you no longer have access to any tank skills. Instead all your skills are DPS skills and most of them involve you burying your axes painfully in your enemies like it's Soul Calibur.

Dark Knights will still use their Greatswords in their DPS builds, but now they are called Nightmare. When you are a Nightmare, your Greatsword awakens and gets an eye on the hilt and glows black. Killing your enemies heals you because the sword absorbs their life force. You need to keep a sustained killing pace because the sword is also absorbing your life force and draining your HP anytime it is not damaging an enemy while you are in combat.

Sounds good to me.

Do it up Squeenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom