• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

So I left basically back in the portion of the endgame without doing the legendary weapon quest and think I had been doing Titan or Garuda Hard at the time.
Am I screwed if I came back and tried progressing?

You are basically where at least half a dozen of us are right now, why would you be screwed?

the legendary weapon at that point in time is irrelevant now
titan/garuda hard is 2.0 content so you're not screwed but it'll take you a lot of time to catch up

You are basically where at least half a dozen of us are right now, why would you be screwed?
Was just worried most people would be so far past that content that it would be impossible to do.
Thanks.

I was so busy with my job even on my off days I hadn't played a single day in months so I dropped my subscription and its been nearly a year since I played any.

Was just worried most people would be so far past that content that it would be impossible to do.
Thanks.

I was so busy with my job even on my off days I hadn't played a single day in months so I dropped my subscription and its been nearly a year since I played any.

The Duty Roulette does a pretty good job of making sure this doesn't happen. It can take a while, though, depending on exactly what it is, when you're doing it, and what job you are. Titan and Garuda HM should fill relatively quickly.

scy

At least now you've heard the best boss theme in the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-nryNG-t9M

Legitimately surprised this wasn't the Koji Fox one

War off-tanks that use butcher's block

y u do dis

Probably because it exists in that weird spot of "tank DPS meta!" that has pushed tank stance to minimal/zero use and forgets how vital NIN is to threat management to assist this. And that most everyone remembers WAR stuff as alternate Eye-BB-Eye-BB since no reason to early refresh and runs with it
or maybe that was just me for awhile

For the most part, DPSing MT means they have such a narrow lead that unless the WAR is absolutely obsessive over the threat (or getting Smokescreens), it's just not worth trying to use. The only time it's super extremely safe is probably A12S post-timegate since there's a full threat dump. Even with statics, you'll find very few opportunities to really use it, especially in A10S since it has an actual swap keeping the threat lead to a minimum; in pugs, I'd just forget about trying it as it's not worth the risk. Mostly a better safe than sorry thing. Even if tempted otherwise.

kagamin

I AM SO DONE RIGHT NOW.
fNlP8Eu.png

Wazzy

Banned
My dragoon look update:

I used to have the lore body as my glamour but thought I should change it up a little with new pvp gear. I've been farming Seph Ex today but rolled crap on all of the birds. I also finally tried out Diadem and it's pretty boring but hopefully I can start getting some decent drops from it.

tonberry is unofficially the worst performing jp server :/
i remember around coil era we were middle ground if i wasn't mistaken :<

It's crazy seeing the JP servers starting at a minimum 9.5% clear rate and the NA/EU servers topping out at 7.8% and that's only Gilgamesh. I mean the average clear rate in JP has be around 13% looking at all the servers, but in NA/EU I would estimate it's around 3%.

I would say that maybe something ought to be done about the vast gulf between the JP and NA/EU playerbases in terms of raiding, then I remember how MMO culture works in the West compared to in Asia and I realize there is nothing that can be done and it's completely futile to try.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's crazy seeing the JP servers starting at a minimum 9.5% clear rate and the NA/EU servers topping out at 7.8% and that's only Gilgamesh. I mean the average clear rate in JP has be around 13% looking at all the servers, but in NA/EU I would estimate it's around 3%.

I would say that maybe something ought to be done about the vast gulf between the JP and NA/EU playerbases in terms of raiding, then I remember how MMO culture works in the West compared to in Asia and I realize there is nothing that can be done and it's completely futile to try.
Playing on Japanese server since day 1 (Durandal), I think I've seen anyone people get angry and/or rage quit maybe 3 times total in Duty/Raid Finder. Granted I'm not raiding right now, but I finished T13 with a Duty Finder group before HW and even when failing with various groups, we would usually get to at least the middle of the fight.

I have to say that compared with WoW, which I played for 2 months for Legion and even some of the horror stories here, I feel that the community on the Japanese servers is just much nicer, which might lead to better results if we're looking at random groups.

k1t4j

Hey guys I just came back to the game, is there a place where I can catch up on what I need to do be up to par?

More interested in what quests have been added and worth doing than chasing gear down.

I play in Zodiark, EU by the way :) in case someone plays there.

Qvoth

Apoptomon

Having not set foot in the new (or old) Diadem, is it worth it to head over to the Ishgard airport and take a gander?
Also, in PotD, iirc repeating 51-60 is good for exp and aetherpool, right?(I've possibly asked this before). my current goal is aetherpool for kinna moreso than exp.

Don't you have to start back at 1 to repeat? Or is there some other way to repeat the levels?
Nah, once you complete the first 50, you can choose to start at floor 1 or 51.

Having not set foot in the new (or old) Diadem, is it worth it to head over to the Ishgard airport and take a gander?
Also, in PotD, iirc repeating 51-60 is good for exp and aetherpool, right?(I've possibly asked this before). my current goal is aetherpool for kinna moreso than exp.

Don't you have to start back at 1 to repeat? Or is there some other way to repeat the levels?

dramatis

A tip for newer players: keep at least 3 slots free in your inventory when you run things. In places like the 24 mans where there are automatic drops, you will lose those drops if your inventory is full.

You'll want to make the jump to lvl49-50 sooner rather than later. The MSQ requirements jump from 46 to 49 at some point.

Hmm I will have to pay attention to that as well. Im trying to avoid all the quests cos I can imagine its going to be bloody brutal getting another job past 30.

I dId seph ex probably for the first time in a year last night. Someone was offering 1 million gil to pass the bird. I got the gil in the end but i'm kind of shocked there was still 2 or so wipes, lol. We were too overgeared sooo yeah a little embarassing. Still saw people killing eachother with yesod and such. Oh and the bird never dropped.... and we did what 13 runs? It seems the drop rate is still abysmal but I kinda feel bad the guy gave 1 million without getting bird. I just feel obliged to help him today but I dunno when the pf will be up.

Stuart444

I've not done anything past Ravana myself. Now that I have most things I want done outside of DoH/L stuff before SBs release, I'm hoping to try and learn some of the later primals.

Watched a vid for Thordan, Nid and Seph Ex.

Nidd: Probably going to have a hard time with
Seph: Doesn't look too bad but we'll see?
Thordan: O_O wtf this won't be easy. Soo many mechanics.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I've not done anything past Ravana myself. Now that I have most things I want done outside of DoH/L stuff before SBs release, I'm hoping to try and learn some of the later primals.

Watched a vid for Thordan, Nid and Seph Ex.

Nidd: Probably going to have a hard time with
Seph: Doesn't look too bad but we'll see?
Thordan: O_O wtf this won't be easy. Soo many mechanics.

Seph is probably the hardest of them all- Thordan you'll probably be skipping at least half the mechanics with the better gear nowadays. Seph you're probably going to still see most of them.

ebil

Playing on Japanese server since day 1 (Durandal), I think I've seen anyone people get angry and/or rage quit maybe 3 times total in Duty/Raid Finder. Granted I'm not raiding right now, but I finished T13 with a Duty Finder group before HW and even when failing with various groups, we would usually get to at least the middle of the fight.

I have to say that compared with WoW, which I played for 2 months for Legion and even some of the horror stories here, I feel that the community on the Japanese servers is just much nicer, which might lead to better results if we're looking at random groups.
This is very true about the JP community. There's also something about always going for the safe, PUG-friendly strat that is most likely to succeed while EU/NA PUGs tend to ape min-maxing optimal groups (or worse: YOLOing) without understanding what makes their strats work with varying amounts of success.

This usually leads to the best and absolute worst groups being western while the JP are very, very consistent with a higher success rate (with some obvious outliers).

I won't lie, I really miss being around Japanese players. :(

Seph is probably the hardest of them all- Thordan you'll probably be skipping at least half the mechanics with the better gear nowadays. Seph you're probably going to still see most of them.
Last time I went farming Sephirot, WAR suggested that we solo tank and solo heal it (with a DRG taking towers with Foresight and shields) because "that's how groups do it nowadays to skip mehanics". This was a group where people regularly died to the first set of puddles in the last phase because not stepping in stuff that will kill you is less important that DPS uptime.

I feel like saying this because it's a perfect illustration of my point above.

Stuart444

The one that worries me the most if Thordan's stand in a line mechanic because one death = insta-kill. Not to mention my healer who I play with hasn't done it before and it looks healer intensive lol.

Seph from the vids looks like titan with less falling? Though what you said above about not stepping in things that will kill you... yeaaaah. That is what I'm worried about, Not for me, but other people. I prioritize mechanics over dps-uptime always, (unless it's an unsync primal of course :p )

Thorgal

When I cleared thordan ex 2months ago it only took the PF group 5 tries to clear it.

I can't even remember if we did the spear mechanic or we skipped it.

The first 2 times we wiped because we forgot to not stand in the middle during the 4th eye and got killed by the spinzaku Knights.

Last 2 times was at the last 20% where apparently every single mechanic went of at once.

All in all Thordan Ex didn't turn out to be the wall anymore I dreaded him to be.

I found Niddhog ex to be harder in the end.

aceface

What's really hilarious to me about that chart are are the Midas clear numbers. Grats to that one person who cleared on Siren!

Also lol at Balmung having nearly twice the number of active players than any other server.

duckroll

Hmm I will have to pay attention to that as well. Im trying to avoid all the quests cos I can imagine its going to be bloody brutal getting another job past 30.

Erm, you don't want to use quests to level additional jobs. You just want to get into the job and then run PotD lol.

Boof

Yeah I'm on Balmung and there is a queue every time I login. It's normally less than 50 but it's pretty packed all the time.

Lanrutcon

Dun Scaith: where there's always this one guy who's level 60 in everything and laughs at anyone who dies at any point.

This particular one felt the need to call out each death for the entire raid, by name, as they happened in each fight via shouts. Anyone who told him to shut up was instantly reminded of how they are obviously worst at the game than him, who has cleared every piece of content and owns the best gear available (he actually said that).

He got vote removed just before Omega. I'm kinda of amazed we held off that long.

BLCKATK

Are JP players less meta focused? From the sound of things they're much more easy going about party comp and min max strategies.

Yeah absolutely. All of the jobs can work in an 8 man party set up, they just might not be synergizing to reach maximum efficiency. JP community seems to be a lot about consistency. Consistent clears in the places like RF or DF (where your party is made by matchmaking) is proof of that. They develop strategies that encourage it.

Stuart444

So I MT'd unsync T13.

I was still nervous but survived the whole thing (while the OT died so good thing I MT'd considering I initially wanted to OT it >_>) and we had someone (or multiple) new people and we still one shot it. Wasn't expecting it since I hear people still have issue with it via PF.

That said, if not for the fact that I love my main DRG, I'd probably main WAR. I've gotten a lot better at tanking since I started and I enjoy it but DRG is and always will be my main.

Unless RDM/SAM are really good though, WAR will probably still be my second with SMN being my 3rd choice job.

On a side note, we had a weeping today where the first two bosses went terrible but Ozma and the final one went great. Was... unusual lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom