• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

This was a pretty interesting read, it's too bad he didn't do any of Alexander. I wonder if any other mmo raid devs ever look at Alexander and think, "Who thought four legs and nisi was a good idea."

I'm still hoping they put some resources into the first Stormblood raid since both the 2.0 raid and 3.0 seemed like an afterthought and pretty crap upon release.

Edzi

Is leveling sub classes significantly faster once I reach lvl 60 with my main? I'm really interested in Scholar, Ninja, Dragoon, and probably something new from Stormblood.

rubius01

Is leveling sub classes significantly faster once I reach lvl 60 with my main? I'm really interested in Scholar, Ninja, Dragoon, and probably something new from Stormblood.

I think you grt double(?) exp for every job that is behind your furthest job

Fauve

You get more xp when levelling a job that's a lower level than your highest leveled job.

From levels 1-50: you receive +100% xp
From 51-60: you receive +50% xp

creid

You get a 50% bonus.
edit: beaten like a mashed lalafell

Thorgal

I still love how , no matter which mount you pick , Au Ra males ride it with a " no fucks given " pose .

ffxiv_dx112017-04-042zqu6l.jpg

My cousin and I are going to try playing this for the first time tonight.

Where do I go to download the free trial on PSN? I searched FFXIV and found the game but its $19.99

Thanks

<3

Edit: Okay, now how do we play cross platform? my other cousin wants to play as well, he will be on PC. I read on reddit that we start in different areas based on the classes we choose. So if we all agree on the same class, we can start in the same area?

Yeah. Marauders and Arcanists start in Limsa Lominsa, Gladiators, Pugilists, and Thaumaturges start in Ul'dah, and Conjurers, Archers, and Lancers start in Gridania. You'll get free reign to travel between the cities around level 15.

Make sure to choose the same server as well. There's nothing special you need to do to play cross-platform.

ENCYCLOPEDIA EORZEA EMERGENCY

I just got an email that they are restocking soon with shipping on the 11th. If you had notifications on, they likely sent you a "personalized purchasing link" that entitles you to one book.

I already bought mine during the last restock so if any of y'all want my link so you can grab a copy I'd be happy to share it. Just keep in mind only one person can use it.
Assuming it's not tied to my email or anything at which point we could probably still work something out.

Edzi

I just got an email that they are restocking soon with shipping on the 11th. If you had notifications on, they likely sent you a "personalized purchasing link" that entitles you to one book.

I already bought mine so if any of y'all want my link so you can grab a copy I'd be happy to share it. Just keep in mind only one person can use it.
Assuming it's not tied to my email or anything at which point we could probably still work something out.

What is this and can it be bought on Amazon? Sounds like something I'd want.

Luigi87

I already bought mine during the last restock so if any of y'all want my link so you can grab a copy I'd be happy to share it. Just keep in mind only one person can use it.

Aaaaand ordered o_o

$122 CAD all in, but... I couldn't resist <_<

duckroll

But I don't want to spend any more money right now. T_T

This is the second time it's come back since the original US printing last November.
The first time it returned the listing lasted maybe 8 minutes.
Now it's all "exclusive."

I'd guess it will likely return in the future but still be relatively annoying to get ahold of.

Squishy3

They're probably going to release another one at some point that's "updated" but who knows if it'll include everything in this one plus new information.

I'm still hoping they put some resources into the first Stormblood raid since both the 2.0 raid and 3.0 seemed like an afterthought and pretty crap upon release.
T5 at least has the cool setup of "we're fighting on Bahamut's hand."

aceface

T5 at least has the cool setup of "we're fighting on Bahamut's hand."

It did, but the fight was completely broken at the beginning. They even had to take it down for awhile to fix it. Then even after that they had to nerf twisters, which were next to impossible to execute. After they fixed everything it was a good battle.

Qvoth

i dunno man, after seeing omega on 3.56, i'm having doubts about stormblood raid
it just doesn't look interesting :/
unless s-e will do a bait and switch and make the final tier not fight omega or something

Ken

i dunno man, after seeing omega on 3.56, i'm having doubts about stormblood raid
unless s-e will do a bait and switch and make the final tier not fight omega or something

thinking the final tier won't end with Omega Prime

rip in peace

Squishy3

3.56 spoiler stuff
it'll probably be more about traversing the interdimensional rift to get omega back so he doesn't fall to garleans. with the logic of how coil and alex were teased at the end of their respective game's stories it stands to reason 4.0 will end with the interdimensional rift opening or something at the end

Apoptomon

More EE? Aww man. Does the FFXIV CS people have any contact with SE marketing?
I just wanna know who I gotta harass about shipping merch to my region :(

Qvoth

thinking the final tier won't end with Omega Prime

rip in peace

that's the thing, it's obviously the final boss of the final tier
and you saw it on 3.56, and imo it's pretty underwhelming :/
at this point matsuno's return to ivalice probably is more interesting to me than omega, especially if the battle designer designs another fun fight like ozma

duckroll

at this point matsuno's return to ivalice probably is more interesting to me than omega, especially if the battle designer designs another fun fight like ozma

Wouldn't the game mechanics of the raid also be designed by Matsuno and implemented by the FFXIV team?

Well they mentioned a bend of time so maybe it will be both
Omega and Shinryu? I dunno, maybe we beat Shinryu in the story and then he returns in the raid.

SkyOdin

Oh c'mon, Omega is one of the all-time greats of FF super bosses! If you have ever encountered the the thing in FFV you know to fear and respect the robot. The only way to beat the thing there is to practically cheat. I am hyped as heck to fight Omega. My biggest worry is that they won't do its crazy attack spam justice.

Squishy3

Oh drat, I missed that line. Please forgive my blindness.

Though I think Matsuno is just supposed to be handling writing duties, but perhaps he'll contribute some game design ideas as well.
Well I mean Taro himself isn't even a "designer" per-se, he has ideas and then it's other people's jobs to try to figure out how to implement them to make them work in a gameplay sense. See: Nier Automata interviews where Platinum's so capable he feels he can relax because they can actually turn his ideas into proper gameplay.

Everything I've seen about Matsuno and Ivalice states him as a designer, so it could be a scenario like that where he has ideas and then it's up to other members of the team to work with him and figure out how to implement them in a way that makes sense in XIV. They obviously wouldn't have Matsuno be an encounter designer for it, but he could throw out ideas and then it's up to XIV's encounter designers to figure out how to implement them. He'll obviously have a lot of input on the plot and area design though, probably.

Qvoth

Wouldn't the game mechanics of the raid also be designed by Matsuno and implemented by the FFXIV team?

i have a feeling matsuno is probably just doing the writing of the ivalice storyline and maybe design of the bosses
the fight itself will be designed by the battle content designers as per usual

Stuart444

What is it with the recent trend in party finder saying "Bring the deeps" or "high dps only please"

Seems to be the "thing" to say recently in PFs. I've even seen some people say it for Bis/Ravana EX (aka the easiest EX's now)

Hell, when I see a dps say it (though other jobs say it as well when they make a PF), I just think to myself "Is it because your deeps is bad?" which may or may not be true, idk but it's a weird thing I've seen in PF descriptions recently

duckroll

Matsuno isn't just a writer, he's very much a game designer as well. Obviously he doesn't work alone, but all the core gameplay mechanics of stuff like Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Vagrant Story, and the new rewind system in LUCT PSP, are all his ideas. With FFT and FFXII he worked together with Ito on the battle and job designs.

Matsuno as a director is closer to Kojima than anyone else imo.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What is it with the recent trend in party finder saying "Bring the deeps" or "high dps only please"

Seems to be the "thing" to say recently in PFs. I've even seen some people say it for Bis/Ravana EX (aka the easiest EX's now)

Hell, when I see a dps say it (though other jobs say it as well when they make a PF), I just think to myself "Is it because your deeps is bad?" which may or may not be true, idk but it's a weird thing I've seen in PF descriptions recently

Recently?

Thorgal

There is an interesting theory floating around that
since we still don't know what destroyed the Isle of val and we now have Shinryu and omega who both disappeared in the dimensional rift.

Since all of these come from FF5 it isn't impossible that the final boss of 4.0 raid is neither omega or Shinryu but Exdeath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom