• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I was stuck on the umbrite phase of the anima weapon forever and finally finished it, and now I'm on the singing cluster phase.
Last night after being tired after a late at work I did my ex roulette and some others including an S rank hunt, and I had enough lores to buy 2 singing clusters.

And my brain, on autopilot from buying so many umbrites, bought those instead :(

Squishy3

I was stuck on the umbrite phase of the anima weapon forever and finally finished it, and now I'm on the singing cluster phase.
Last night after being tired after a late at work I did my ex roulette and some others including an S rank hunt, and I had enough lores to buy 2 singing clusters.

And my brain, on autopilot from buying so many umbrites, bought those instead :(
do the weekly quests and spend your lore on the other stuff you'll need, can also get pneumite through grand company seals

Finally cleared A10S. Snuck in with an FC group that was trying to clear it for one of their friends. This fight is so much easier when Healers and Ranged aren't constantly screwing up Prey.

Not even going to touch 11 or 12 given how painful clearing this was in the PF.

Zalasta

I've always wondered if it's possible to get special treasure drops when doing dungeons undersized. I've ran HM and AK occasionally for WT and have yet to see Fine Wax or Amdapori Stone.

Kinan

OK, finally managed to create a char on Ultros, GAF FC, I'm coming! :) The full game should arrive tomorrow, the physical complete edition is way cheaper than digital one, though not so convenient.

Gonna make a scholar this time, hopefully, it stays relevant for some time. :)

Btw, any links on what will be changed/added in the next expansion?

ebil

Both winners were so unremarkable that I never noticed them in the first place. They'll fit right into the game, I guess I have no real objection with them.

Shy Fingers

Banned
Oh boy, another healer set geared towards female characters! Why do you hate male healers SE?

...also where are my male bunny ears?!

Finally cleared A10S. Snuck in with an FC group that was trying to clear it for one of their friends. This fight is so much easier when Healers and Ranged aren't constantly screwing up Prey.

Not even going to touch 11 or 12 given how painful clearing this was in the PF.

11s is still a nightmare and I almost hate myself trying to grind books for the mnk pants. People still cant skip lapis at a consistent rate and people still die to stupid shite like the shiva optical. I'd say it really isn't worth it to clear these days. It is much more arse than I remember. So yeah... I'd say just jump right into 12s with a zurvan weapon *shrug*

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like the healer. Robes are tired. The healer gear has a field medic look that invokes Valkyria Chronicles or Etrian Odyssey.

I can't wait to show off my RDM ass in assless chaps!

Clearos

Gaf have night time dungeon runners raiders ~11pm EST? Family and friends gave up on MMOs so I want to get back into FF. I raided as a Marauder back in the day but I think I'll start working on rogue/ninja going forward.

Luigi87

Playing through 2.4 currently
...This game suddenly has me wondering about the interspecies biology of humans (Hyur?) and dragons.

I've always wondered if it's possible to get special treasure drops when doing dungeons undersized. I've ran HM and AK occasionally for WT and have yet to see Fine Wax or Amdapori Stone.

Since they're chest drops rather than monster drops, you should be able to get them. I know for sure that I've got seagrot water, banana shoots and splintered chests from soloing Sastasha, Hullbreaker Isle and Sastasha HM.

TalonJH

Ya know, I really hate the gil limit for moving servers. I understand it but I'm lazy.

So, playing the trial on the PS4 and enjoying the game overall. It is a soothing experience, quite old school with clear group roles definitions and the need to play those good. Loved the house of novice training, excellent idea, wish other mmos did it similarly. Enjoy small 4 players dungeons, though waiting times for dps at low lvls can be up to 30 min or so. Considering buying it after I hit lvl35, if only to see the story to the end.

One thing that bothering me though on PS4 is targeting. Any tricks how to target efficiently in this game? Any button to take target of your tank, for example? Or target only enemies and not your group mates? Or are you all using KB+M on PS4?

On dualshock hold down L2 or R2, and then press L1 or R1 to cycle through the enemies on screen from left to right or vice versa

Alternatively, you can hold down L1 and then press Up or Down on the D-Pad to cycle through enemies on your enmity list.

You can also create a macro in the two last slots(I think it's 49&50) like:
/assist <2> (or /as <2>) and you will change target to the party member's target.(assuming you have your party order as {You}{Tank}{etc}
You can then attach the macro to L3 or R3.

Haly

How's your latency?

How's your attention span?

Edzi

Yes.

I have no idea. I'm still on PLD. I don't know what DD class to get either.
Neither imo.

But if you must choose than go Ninja.

Ultimately, I want to "main" one of each class type, and I'm super torn over DPS. I started the game as a Lancer, so I almost feel obligated to take Dragoon to the end... But Ninja is so cooooooool.

How's your latency?

How's your attention span?

You mean like my connection? I'd like to think both are pretty good.

Lanrutcon

Diadem is dead as a can be. Got into a group, couldn't even finish phase 1 of the quest because the tank kept dying and the healers were shit.

B.K.

I'm interested in SAM. I kept going between DRK, SAM, and WAR when I was playing XI. I don't rally like healing or magic classes. I'm not good enough or have enough reflexes to keep everyone alive if I try to heal and I'm too stupid to play complicated classes like mages. I have to play something simple where I can just keep hitting mobs until they die.

dark_chris

Just returned to the game yesterday. Finished the story, wow. That was pretty nuts.

I also have a recruit a friend code laying around if anyone is looking for goodies to start.

Haly

Ultimately, I want to "main" one of each class type, and I'm super torn over DPS. I started the game as a Lancer, so I almost feel obligated to take Dragoon to the end... But Ninja is so cooooooool.

You mean like my connection? I'd like to think both are pretty good.
Aesthetically, batman or naruto?

Haly

Either or.

No wonder you can't decide you were just born with a heart full of neutrality.

Go DRG, they get this thing after a long ass grind:
6ldeabO.gif

Edzi

No wonder you can't decide you were just born with a heart full of neutrality.

Go DRG, they get this thing after a long ass grind:
6ldeabO.gif

I'm probably just going to level Dragoon to 60 first (after my Warrior, of course), but eventually do both. I was curious about Samurai too, but I saw the reveal trailer and it just seems a bit too over the top in a bad way. Kinda tired of the Samurai anime trope they seem to be using for it.

So far, my job priority list is Warrior > Scholar = Dragoon = Ninja. Just gotta get all the sub classes for those jobs out of the way first.

In terms of demand for the Melee classes its Ninja > Dragoon >>>>>> Monk.

But play which one you like best. Hell, I picked DRG because I like spears (although the ridiculous lack of Halberd-type weps in the game saddens me) and thought they looked cool.

Edzi

In terms of demand for the Melee classes its Ninja > Dragoon >>>>>> Monk.

But play which one you like best. Hell, I picked DRG because I like spears (although the ridiculous lack of Halberd-type weps in the game saddens me) and thought they looked cool.

Oh yeah? Why is ninja in demand over the other two?

Oh yeah? Why is ninja in demand over the other two?

Better utility.

For example, they have an ability that boosts the damage of the entire party by 10%. Dragoons have a similar ability that boosts critical hit rate instead. While Monks don't really have a similar utility ability, and their playstyle doesn't fit well with the amount of forced downtime in many of the endgame fights.

Haly

Remember, you're going to wear the armor, not fantasia into the character model!

So, Danny O'Dwyer was an ex-Gamespot producer and is now working as Noclip, creating video game documentaries. He did videos about DOOM, The Witness, and some others.

With all that said, he went to Tokyo a while back and has been tweeting certain images about his next project:

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/850126442411171840

Let's expect a doc about FFXIV (most certainly) 1.0 soon!

YES!!

I've been asking for this!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So, Danny O'Dwyer was an ex-Gamespot producer and is now working as Noclip, creating video game documentaries. He did videos about DOOM, The Witness, and some others.

With all that said, he went to Tokyo a while back and has been tweeting certain images about his next project:

The official ffxiv twitter account retweeted one of his tweets today and I was wondering what that was all about. Thanks for clearing it up.

suzu

Cool. I liked his OW videos, so I'm looking forward to this. :O

Qvoth

huh the antler one is the winner for caster
if they can implement the coatless version then i can see it being popular cuz ass
wtzgU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom