• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

Maybe if they gave tanks some party support beyond PLD's divine veil and cover and forced tanks to play defensively, they'd see an increase in people who are actually interested in tanking, as opposed to pseudo-DPS with better bulk.

dabig2

Considering HW main story quests reward upwards of 70-80k exp, that is how most people get from 50-60 quickly.

Although with some of the new content I hear it's pretty fast leveling now.

That's the way I did it. I barely used my WAR in any dungeons/raids or roulettes and leveled him up to 60 (just hit now actually) purely on MSQ XP, daily beast tribes, and some fate grinding. I think I hit 50 about a week and a half ago, so it seemed to go pretty fast, especially since I was simultaneously leveling multiple classes at the same time. I don't know how fast people usually complete that 50->60 grind though.

Still haven't finished HW yet but now I can switch to my NIN (now 1.5 million XP from 60) and let him have all the MSQ XP for as long as I still get XP from these quests before the 60 cap. And after I get my NIN to 60 sometime tomorrow, I'll switch back to DRG (lvl 56) and get him to 60 doing some of the sidequests I left alone along with all of the dailies.

I guess after that it's then a grind to get better gear for your level 60s? Or I guess I can level up some other classes. ARC and MNK both sit at 35 right now and PLD at 30...

Luigi87

Didn't realize that Mog Station caps at 180 days, and have 132 currently, plus another 60 day card I'll have to hold on to, lol.

Silav101

Maybe if they gave tanks some party support beyond PLD's divine veil and cover and forced tanks to play defensively, they'd see an increase in people who are actually interested in tanking, as opposed to pseudo-DPS with better bulk.

As it is now, as a PLD, I turn Shield Oath on for the initial pull to establish enmity with an aggro combo (MAYBE two if I am playing without a ninja who uses Shadewalker, and have hotshot damage dealers), then turn it off and just go full ham on damage.

It only goes on if I need the enmity boost, or I am out of defensive cooldowns and need to mitigate something. Feels kinda bad, man.

More party support would be amazing, but the only real way to enforce defensive tank play is to ensure that you die without tank stance on, even with all the cooldowns popped. This has its own problems, naturally.

Just wanted to say I really agree about Creator being a letdown. I found it fun at first but now it's just super meh. There's really no reason to not use echo cause the challenge is so minuscule even without it. A12s has amazing glamours though and I almost have them all so that's something I guess. Personally, I'm hoping the next tier in Omega shifts towards a harder learning curve like say Midas. I haven't cleared Midas savage 8 yet but I did get up to about before winged justice and that fight is super damn fun.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I know it's generally agreed upon that POTD is the best way to level new jobs, but man, if you're under 25-30, Friendship Circlet + Brand New Ring + food bonus + armory bonus makes dungeons way better than POTD. Leveling ROG right now and gained three levels in one go of Halatali.

Edzi

I know it's generally agreed upon that POTD is the best way to level new jobs, but man, if you're under 25-30, Friendship Circlet + Brand New Ring + food bonus + armory bonus makes dungeons way better than POTD. Leveling ROG right now and gained three levels in one go of Halatali.

I could really use a Friendship Circlet right about now.

I don't haaaaaaaaaate Cleric's, and I actually kinda like stance dancing. I'd just rather the cooldown for turning it off be removed if they're going to keep it.

I accidentally double tapped the key? Oh, I guess I'm not healing for five seconds. Try not to die, everyone.

B.K.

I got my Encyclopaedia Eorzea from UPS today. I haven't read any yet, but just what I've seen from flipping through it looks nice.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is the next Live Letter coming around April 20th? I think that was the last date I've seen, but it wasn't set in stone iirc.

Edzi

I could give you my recruitment link, for you to use it in the Mog Station and get yourself a circlet ;~

I never recruited anyone, but I *think* that's how it works.

No idea how it works, but if that's all there is to it I'd appreciate it.

Edzi

Sent you a PM!

Responded to your PM. Sadly, I think it works the other way around, so I'd have to send someone a recruitment code for them to use upon signing up. :(

I wish they'd just let you trade the damn thing so I could borrow it from a friend.

Luigi87

I took the weekend off from the game
played a LOT of Zelda
, will resume tomorrow. Need to finish 2.x and finally start HW!

Responded to your PM. Sadly, I think it works the other way around, so I'd have to send someone a recruitment code for them to use upon signing up. :(

I wish they'd just let you trade the damn thing so I could borrow it from a friend.

You still get the Friendship Circlet as long as you used the recruitment code + sub for 30 days. Both players get it (I got mine by using a code from duckroll). However only the one who gave the code will get the additional bonuses beyond the initial sub period.

Edzi

I took the weekend off from the game
played a LOT of Zelda
, will resume tomorrow. Need to finish 2.x and finally start HW!

You still get the Friendship Circlet as long as you used the recruitment code + sub for 30 days. Both players get it (I got mine by using a code from duckroll). However only the one who gave the code will get the additional bonuses beyond the initial sub period.

But can I input the code even though I'm well into my subscription? I don't see an option to do that.

Bowlie

Banned
Yeah, you can only input a code after buying the game, but before subscribing.

Sorry, Edzi; hopefully you can find new players to get yourself a circlet.

that's a friend of xtech not a gaf member.

Ah.

One of these days I should join the free company. For now I have this image of myself.

E7bwp.jpg

iamtheb

Probably asking dumb question but I need help. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to MMOs but I wanted to get in to this on PS4. What do I need to buy? Stormblood or the bundle before it?

Bowlie

Banned
Probably asking dumb question but I need help. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to MMOs but I wanted to get in to this on PS4. What do I need to buy? Stormblood or the bundle before it?

Stormblood is the upcoming expansion for this game that will be released in June. And being an expansion, it is not necessary to play the base game.

Right now, you only need the bundle which will give you the base game plus the first expansion called Heavensward.

After buying the bundle, you can play the game for free until you reach level 35. After that, you'll also need to buy a subscription to keep playing it.

see below

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After buying the bundle, you can play the game for free until you reach level 35. After that, you'll also need to buy a subscription to keep playing it.
You don't need to buy anything to play the game up to lv 35. The free trial covers that (no time limit, but has various other restrictions).

The base game/any bundle with the base game includes 30 days of game time.

Base game allows you to play up to level 50 in base game areas, using base game's classes.

Having Heavensward registered allows you to do the expansion pack's story, explore expansion areas and play as additional 3 classes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, the dialogue in the Rogue's Guild job quests is just absolutely unbearable to read. More often than not I'm just skipping through it all. Like I know the game gets flak for it's writing, but this is the absolute worst I've seen it.

Man, the dialogue in the Rogue's Guild job quests is just absolutely unbearable to read. More often than not I'm just skipping through it all. Like I know the game gets flak for it's writing, but this is the absolute worst I've seen it.
You mean the dialects? Takes some effort to parse, yeah.

suzu

The rogue quests are amusing imo. Especially the dialogue.

Almost everyone in Limsa Lominsa speaks with some accent though, so I understand it can feel like a chore to read. lol

I dun'no wh'at' ye' gab'ber's'' is tal'kin' 'bout' them's Limsa boy's'' is aw'righ't wit me'.

When in doubt. Add more apostrophes.

'

Zomba13

Yeah. I like the idea of giving different characters different accents and dialects and having the pirates speak piratey but it can be a hell of a chore to read some times, especially with all those Roe names that look like people just rolled their faces on the keyboard to come up with names.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I actually appreciate the way the game gives each race it's own idioms to speak and they don't have everyone​ magically speaking English in the same manner but the one prominently used in the La Noscea Region is far from the worst the game has to offer.

I actually appreciate the way the game gives each race it's own idioms to speak and they don't have everyone​ magically speaking English in the same manner but the one prominently used in the La Noscea Region is far from the worst the game has to offer.

The Gnath and the owl people in the Sea of Clouds come to mind.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I mean, the Gnath can be bad, as can be the goblins in Heavensward, but I at least find those interesting to read. The Lominsans (and especially the Rogue's Guild members/pirates) are just a headache to try to parse.

My favorite part of this game is seeing an Orange Name and then you both jump around like Power Ranger putties and then cycle through ur emotes until one of you TPs out.

Dun Scaith is Wed 6PM PST right? I should watch a guide....

LordKasual

Banned
These quests don't seem to ever end. I just want to get to Heavensward... -_-

It's unfortunate people feel this way, because when those quests were coming out when 50 was the cap, they always felt great.

They would release like 3-4 story missions, a dungeon or two, and a primal + EX every update.

But when you have to just marathon them with none of the content being relevant at all to gearing, i guess it just loses its luster.

Edzi

It's unfortunate people feel this way, because when those quests were coming out when 50 was the cap, they always felt great.

They would release like 3-4 story missions, a dungeon or two, and a primal + EX every update.

But when you have to just marathon them with none of the content being relevant at all to gearing, i guess it just loses its luster.

Don't get me wrong, the quests themselves are fine, but I'm so overgeared/overleveled at this point that I just want to hurry up and reach the expansion content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom