• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, in my boredom before Stormfront, I decided to get myself not only a Bard Anima weapon, but a relic as well because I like the look of the Yoichi Bow.

I forgot how awful the relic quests are. I was dreading the Materia melding stage (though it's probably cheap now), but I had totally forgotten about the book stage I did years ago with my SMN.

Stormblood. That thing you said is, uh...something different...

B.K.

I've done three or four dungeons the last few days, but it doesn't show up on the Duty list. I've done Hullbreaker Isle, Pharos Sirius, and the Wanderer's Palace, but the Duty still says:

Following requirements not met:

Completion of the Following
???
???
The Lost City of Amdapor
???
???
???
???
???

Nothing is being added to the list. I've done a few solo, unsynced, if that matters.

I've done three or four dungeons the last few days, but it doesn't show up on the Duty list. I've done Hullbreaker Isle, Pharos Sirius, and the Wanderer's Palace, but the Duty still says:

???
???
The Lost City of Amdapor
???
???
???
???
???

Nothing is being added to the list. I've done a few solo, unsynced, if that matters.
The list only shows dungeons you've unlocked but not beaten, once you beat them they are removed from the list.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

???
???
The Lost City of Amdapor
???
???
???
???
???

It looks like nothing's being added to the list because you're completing them as soon as you unlock them. When you unlock them they're added to the list. Once you complete them they're removed from the list entirely. Amdapor's there because you've unlocked it but not completed it. You may not have noticed it, but I can guarantee there were more ??? on the list when you started than there are now.

Haha, sure... well it will be much more of irrelevant content by the time this is implemented. If you need help just pm me and I can start a cross pf if you are on primal. :)

Yeah I'm on Ultros with the rest of GAF. I know the whole fight, the issue is just that DPS is so low in Clear parties that you can never skip the second set of puddles and then someone always screws up and wipes the raid. =(

Luigi87

I've made literally zero 2.5 progress these last few days, 'cause I went hard all in on Zelda... On the upside, I beat Zelda!... But now I can start Persona 5 <_<

... I really need to get to HW...

B.K.

I'd like to unlock everything to do Dun Scaith with the FC next week or the week after. How hard are the two raids leading up to it? Are they impossible to get through with the duty finder?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd like to unlock everything to do Dun Scaith with the FC next week or the week after. How hard are the two raids leading up to it? Are they impossible to get through with the duty finder?

Piss easy. You can sleep through them.

Don't underestimate me. If there's a way to die, I'll find it. I used to die so much in XI that it became a running joke in the shell.

I mean there are mechanics that you can easily die to but it doesn't really matter too much. You can easily get carried through them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've been locked out of fights before because of an overeager tank pulling too soon. You dying is not going to be a big deal unless you're a healer or a tank.

B.K.

I've been locked out of fights before because of an overeager tank pulling too soon. You dying is not going to be a big deal unless you're a healer or a tank.

I tank. PLD is the only thing I have at 60. Sometimes, I take too long to pull. I've had people to tell me to hurry up before. I'm always afraid of pulling before everyone's ready and killing everyone. Tanking is stressful.

Qvoth

I tank. PLD is the only thing I have at 60. Sometimes, I take too long to pull. I've had people to tell me to hurry up before. I'm always afraid of pulling before everyone's ready and killing everyone. Tanking is stressful.

there's ready check
there's countdown timer (at least 10 seconds, 20+ if you have a ninja)

Qvoth

yeah 2nd void onwards is the actual hard part of a12s, it's where mistakes happen most often (that leads to wipes, 2nd inception mistakes don't really lead to a wipe unless both healers die)
i got stuck there for i think about a month or so?
my advice would be if someone made a mistake and the puddle explodes, just tank lb3 on the big marker explosion that the 2 healers and 2 melees take, you should be able to survive that and the holy scourge afterwards if the healers just spam their strongest aoe heals and shields

AWWWW YEAAAA thanks for Dun Scaith run last night, got kinda hairy but that makes it all the sweeter.

Sorry if i ran any super AOE lasers over to my healers. IF i did it. I admit nothing.

Wish they would add a tank variant of the Thief chest piece but since the next content update is Stormblood they are probably done messing with older gear.

Py0AaKC.jpg

dumbnumb

Neo Member
I have a question regarding crysta as a payment method. Based on this:

http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/charge.html

Is 10000 the maximum amount you can have on your account overall? Or is that just the maximum amount you can buy at a single time?

I just bought 7800 (for a 6 month sub) via Paypal and its still says pending. The last time I did this it was instantaneous. Has anyone encountered this before?

Inbachi

Neo Member
I deleted my trial character and made a new one on Ultros so I can hopefully join the GAF FC when I get the full game.

I did the quest that introduces you to buying houses or whatever and saw one that had GAF in the name. Was that you guys? I went inside and had a look around. Don't mind the stranger that was rummaging through your drawers...

Ken

Is 10000 the maximum amount you can have on your account overall? Or is that just the maximum amount you can buy at a single time?

I just bought 7800 (for a 6 month sub) via Paypal and its still says pending. The last time I did this it was instantaneous. Has anyone encountered this before?

iirc 10k is the max you can buy in a month

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I deleted my trial character and made a new one on Ultros so I can hopefully join the GAF FC when I get the full game.

I did the quest that introduces you to buying houses or whatever and saw one that had GAF in the name. Was that you guys? I went inside and had a look around. Don't mind the stranger that was rummaging through your drawers...
Did it look like an owl at the top of a hill giving the rest of the housing district the finger?

If it did, then yes that's our house!

Gala

Did it look like an owl at the top of a hill giving the rest of the housing district the finger?

If it did, then yes that's our house!

What is that lovely outfit your Lalafell is wearing?
Would you mind posting some more screens? I really like the hood.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I think this happened to me once around Christmas. Took 1-2 days to process, but I contacted Paypal support while waiting.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What is that lovely outfit your Lalafell is wearing?
Would you mind posting some more screens? I really like the hood.
It's a WHM exclusive outfit.

Head: Orison Hood (WHM hunt seal set upgraded and dyed jet black)
Body: Swanliege Coat (WHM pvp set dyed jet black)
Hands: Prototype Midan Gloves of Healing
Legs: Orison Skirt (pure white)
Feet: Orison Thighboots (pure white)
Weapon: Tremor Cane

Wwi6l8b.jpg

KVrGwJH.jpg

nrPAEGQ.jpg

Body by itself:
FNgImjK.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The pre-expansion lull has hit my friends and I. =x Half the people in my FC are on break. I need to finish Alexander (all of it) but besides that, it's just leveling some jobs. =x

Omni

The pre-expansion lull has hit my friends and I. =x Half the people in my FC are on break. I need to finish Alexander (all of it) but besides that, it's just leveling some jobs. =x

Yeah, pretty much.

I did a couple of relics (for god knows what reason, haha). Cleared Alex Savage months ago. Done all the trials and stuff. Between now and the expansion I'm just levelling Ninja and helping friends for the fun of it

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Yeah, I'm actually doing Dragoon now. Can't wait to see why the Dragoon memes exist.

Silav101

A12S down, was good times. Killed it on the last pull of the evening, during the Communion puddle drop phase, which is always a massive clusterfuck, phew.

Now wat do.

dumbnumb

Neo Member
I think this happened to me once around Christmas. Took 1-2 days to process, but I contacted Paypal support while waiting.

iirc 10k is the max you can buy in a month

Thanks for the replies, guys!

I've just been leveling my crafting/gathering classes to prepare for Stormblood. It's been surprisingly fun and relaxing, perfect activity while I listen to an audio-book or a podcast.

ebil

Remember when we thought they wouldn't be dumb enough to repeat the 2.5 to 3.0 lull?

Well, here we are. It's a good thing this year is packed with good releases.

It's going to be fun when 4.0 to 4.1 is 5+ months again despite what they promised.

There was gonna be a lull regardless, I don't think they can come up with something to keep folks engaged from now until expansion, players will just devour whatever they come up with in an instant.

ebil

There was gonna be a lull regardless, I don't think they can come up with something to keep folks engaged from now until expansion, players will just devour whatever they come up with in an instant.
It's not about there being a lull, it's about its length. There are lulls within 6-7 weeks of every patch, it's normal.

I originally thought they had planned a ton of 3.5x updates to bridge the gap between the last patch and the expansion, but it became apparent from 3.5 that they just split a normal patch in tiny, sort of overhyped pieces, which I thought was a disappointing move.

dramatis

It's a WHM exclusive outfit.

Head: Orison Hood (WHM hunt seal set upgraded and dyed jet black)
Body: Swanliege Coat (WHM pvp set dyed jet black)
Hands: Prototype Midan Gloves of Healing
Legs: Orison Skirt (pure white)
Feet: Orison Thighboots (pure white)
Weapon: Tremor Cane
You look creepy in a hood

Also nobody wants the Tremor Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom