• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhood

I need help guys! I finished the Heavensward and 3.1 Main Quest. Now in order to start the
Antitower
dungeon I do not have high level gear. I need to grind tomestones of lore and scriptures for the gear. However all the level 60 dungeons that I have unlocked are above my current gear level.

Do they really except me to just grind on aether research facility? Or is there anyother place I can farm them?

I need help guys! I finished the Heavensward and 3.1 Main Quest. Now in order to start the
Antitower
dungeon I do not have high level gear. I need to grind tomestones of lore and scriptures for the gear. However all the level 60 dungeons that I have unlocked are above my current gear level.

Do they really except me to just grind on aether research facility? Or is there anyother place I can farm them?

You can get i210 gear from doing Clan Hunts. That's enough to get you into every dungeon except for Sohm Al Hard and Baelsar's Wall.

Antitower

You can gear up by doing a few things:

1) The Clan Centurio Hunts from the Forgotten Knight in Foundation/Ishgard.

Accept all 3 bills, plus the weekly bill. Use an online guide to locate the creatures on the bills. Kill the creatures, get Centurio points, spend Centurio points on gear from the person next to the Mender inside the Forgotten Knight. Do the daily Centurio hunts every day if you can. You might need some help for the weekly hunt. The weekly hunt resets on Tuesdays, I think.

That'll net you ilvl 210 gear. Remember you can't equip 2 of the same ring. Maybe buy a 230 ring using Lore tomestones.

With the exception of the weekly hunt, this is all doable by yourself.

2) If you haven't gotten your Padjali weapon by reaching +30/+30 on your Palace of the Dead gear, you might want to do that. Just run Palace of the Dead a bunch with any class. That'll get you a ilvl235 weapon for whatever class you want.

That will get you above ilvl 200, easy. I'm right where you are in the Main Quest, and I achieved all that in about a week or 10 days, and I play pretty casually.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Antitower

Get the PVP Makai set

You can do PVP for ilvl 235 (makai) gear.

This right here is your best bet in my opinion Redhood!

Here are the prices for each Armor Piece

Weapon 4,000
Head 2,000
Chest 4,000
Hands 2,000
Waist 1,000
Legs 4,000
Feet 2,000
Accessory 1,000

That looks expensive but it's not hard to get your hands on alot of Wolf Marks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
2x2QcjP.png

ashot_sven.gif

Wagram

Yoshida's complacency with this game bugs the hell out of me. I haven't played in a year and 4 months and the tasks i'm doing are the exact same as back then. Dude is uninspired.

dabig2

You can gear up by doing a few things:

1) The Clan Centurio Hunts from the Forgotten Knight in Foundation/Ishgard.

Accept all 3 bills, plus the weekly bill. Use an online guide to locate the creatures on the bills. Kill the creatures, get Centurio points, spend Centurio points on gear from the person next to the Mender inside the Forgotten Knight. Do the daily Centurio hunts every day if you can. You might need some help for the weekly hunt. The weekly hunt resets on Tuesdays, I think.

That'll net you ilvl 210 gear. Remember you can't equip 2 of the same ring. Maybe buy a 230 ring using Lore tomestones.

With the exception of the weekly hunt, this is all doable by yourself.

2) If you haven't gotten your Padjali weapon by reaching +30/+30 on your Palace of the Dead gear, you might want to do that. Just run Palace of the Dead a bunch with any class. That'll get you a ilvl235 weapon for whatever class you want.

That will get you above ilvl 200, easy. I'm right where you are in the Main Quest, and I achieved all that in about a week or 10 days, and I play pretty casually.

Nice info. I'll reach this point in the game in the next few days and was also wondering what to do from here other than leveling up some of my lower classes/crafting. Didn't know about PotD giving you that high level of a weapon; I still haven't touched that yet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So what is a good crafting rotation for late ARR and early HW crafting?

http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/ff14-advanced-crafting-guide-part-3-heavensward-by-caimie-tsukino.156/

This is a good rotation for 40 dur items:
/ac "Comfort Zone" <wait.2>
/ac "Inner Quiet" <wait.2>
/ac "Steady Hand II" <wait.2>
/ac "Manipulation" <wait.2>
/ac "Basic Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Steady Hand" <wait.2>
/ac "Ingenuity II" <wait.2>
/ac "Innovation" <wait.2>
/ac "Standard Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac "Careful Synthesis II"
Pare that down depending on what cross class skills you have. I never use Ingenuity II for example although I have it now.

I use something like this for 80 dura crafts:
Comfort Zone
Inner Quiet
Steady Hand II
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Careful Syn II
Careful Syn II
Comfort Zone
Master's Mend II
Steady Hand II
Waste Not
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Hasty Touch
Steady Hand II
Hasty Touch
Innovation
Basic Touch
Great Strides
Byregot's Blessing
Careful Syn II
Careful Syn II
Generally what you do is just bank on Steady Hand + Hasty Touch to conserve CP and then loop Comfort Zone/Mendings. If I'm paying attention I use Tricks whenever possible to get more CP. It's almost always worthwhile except on a buffed Byregot's Blessing.

Akainu

http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/ff14-advanced-crafting-guide-part-3-heavensward-by-caimie-tsukino.156/

This is a good rotation for 40 dur items:

Pare that down depending on what cross class skills you have. I never use Ingenuity II for example although I have it now.

I use something like this for 80 dura crafts:

Generally what you do is just bank on Steady Hand + Hasty Touch to conserve CP and then loop Comfort Zone/Mendings. If I'm paying attention I use Tricks whenever possible to get more CP. It's almost always worthwhile except on a buffed Byregot's Blessing.
Thanks will give it a shot.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So, um. What exactly are macros and should I be using them?
Macros are a list of commands you write down beforehand that are all triggered in the order you wrote them down when you press one button. They're basically chained commands.

For battle classes you can write a macro for something like raising someone if you're a healer (the macro can say who you're healing so the other healer is aware, can trigger swiftcast if it's up, and res someone all from one macro/button push), or switching out hot bars when you change stances, or having your heal auto target your focused target or who ever your mouse is set on, or just blasting the chat box with dumb memes or instructions for a fight, etc...

Theyre generally not recommended for combat cause they're sensitive to server lag and will lock you into whatever you set them to do till they finish or you manually cancel it. Depending on your class, their could be some useful ones available to you (like the res one for healers or mouse over heals).

They're extremely useful for crafting though since once you the have the stats to reliably craft something your crafting rotation doesn't need to change much or at all. You can just make a macro to pump stuff out.

http://garytay.net/ffxiv_macro/

For gathering I think the only use they have is to auto enable your node detecting actions when you swap into a gathering class.

Uh... So when did this game get a cash shop?

I've been using my old ARR character as my DND token for the last couple monthsand it's been making me want to play the game again, I really like the game's style and monk was fun. So I went to the account page and was like huh £9 is alright for a month and then I saw the optional items or w/e tab.

Just full of great looking outfits, for £££. Bleh.

It's like that one time blizzard sold 3 cosmetic helms for ££ wow, except taken to the extreeeeeeme.

And I'm a bit miffed at blizzard about those helms, so yeah, turned me completely off as someone for whom outfits is 90% of the motivation for playing these games.

iammeiam

All I'm taking from the Yoshida interview is 4.0 has no actual new content types. Basic barebones cycle with new and different things in the patches later. The odd patch hard stuff is still super mysterious, doing dungeons with your squadron is going to be the egi glamour of SB, and hopefully the guy turning Diadem Sequel feedback into Eureka isn't the same guy who turned Diadem 1.0 feedback into FATES.

Uh... So when did this game get a cash shop?

It's been around for a while. It's cosmetic stuff, it's maybe been funding data center changes. A lot of what is in there is prior year seasonal event rewards, but it does get exclusive clothing, mounts, minions, emotes, and hair. It's annoying when something cool with preexisting demand shows up cash-shop only, but if it really is going to make level3 never a problem again it's worthwhile.

Omni

I'm so triggered

Joined an a10s farm party. Tank was giving me attitude the entire time because I pointed out that he forgot his tank stance on pull (I literally only said "stance" in chat). Also afterwards I asked why he had A,B, and C alliance markers all on the same side of the arena. This made him upset for some reason

Anyway a couple of clears later and he blames me for stepping on ice. Honestly I didn't even see it happen. But no one died so it's whatever. I kinda bit back at this point though and told him to use HG if he can't tank swap properly since he kept dying. This upset him more and he booted me. FUN TIMES

Upon closer inspection it seems I wasn't even the one to step on the ice button; it was the adds running towards the WHM because he didn't grab them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO2yk0dlqpQ

I'm so triggered

Joined an a10s farm party. Tank was giving me attitude the entire time because I pointed out that he forgot his tank stance on pull (I literally only said "stance" in chat). Also afterwards I asked why he had A,B, and C alliance markers all on the same side of the arena. This made him upset for some reason

Anyway a couple of clears later and he blames me for stepping on ice. Honestly I didn't even see it happen. But no one died so it's whatever. I kinda bit back at this point though and told him to use HG if he can't tank swap properly since he kept dying. This upset him more and he booted me. FUN TIMES

Upon closer inspection it seems I wasn't even the one to step on the ice button; it was the adds running towards the WHM because he didn't grab them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO2yk0dlqpQ

You should send him a tell with the video timestamp.

Qvoth

why wouldn't the a b c waymarks be on the same side? they're for the chainsaw prey passing between healer and ranged right?

is that a thing that western groups do?
japanese pugs generally just have healers say which "lane" they will walk onto and pass to the corresponding tank

In every group I've been in the healers pass their prey to the ranged dps, not the Tanks.

A----
-----
-----
-----
-----
----B

Pair that gets A will be left during steamroller and North during saws. Pair that picks B will be right during steamroller, and South during saws.

That's the way it's been setup in every PF I've ever been in.

Qvoth

In every group I've been in the healers pass their prey to the ranged dps, not the Tanks.

A----
-----
-----
-----
-----
----B

Pair that gets A will be left during steamroller and North during saws. Pair that picks B will be right during steamroller, and South during saws.

That's the way it's been setup in every PF I've ever been in.

yeah prey gets passed to range, but jp pf just aren't specific with steamroller, whoever is on the left just takes left lane and passes to whichever tank is on the left, same with right lane

I realize I'm bad at crafting collectibles. I'm trying to get 4400 for counterfoils. My squadron brings me heaps of blue crafter scrips that I've spent on books and tokens but I need those counterfoils to get the blue gear (ironworks a bit too pricey right now.).

Can't find a rotation for crafting counterfoils online, so I'd thought I'd try here.

aceface

I realize I'm bad at crafting collectibles. I'm trying to get 4400 for counterfoils. My squadron brings me heaps of blue crafter scrips that I've spent on books and tokens but I need those counterfoils to get the blue gear (ironworks a bit too pricey right now.).

Can't find a rotation for crafting counterfoils online, so I'd thought I'd try here.

Using Hq mats basically gets you halfway there, doesn't it?

duckroll

&#129300;

Well?

Logged in and played until I got to Tailfeather. Been trying to get as many Aether Currents as possible but I don't even understand what they do. I might have forgotten if they were explained before. Also unlocked Dusk Virgil. Might do that tomorrow.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Logged in and played until I got to Tailfeather. Been trying to get as many Aether Currents as possible but I don't even understand what they do. I might have forgotten if they were explained before. Also unlocked Dusk Virgil. Might do that tomorrow.

Aether Currents, by themselves, don't do anything. They're basically just a "visit all these spots/do all these quests to be able to fly in these areas" checklist.

I do like the idea of flying in the HW areas, I just wish the tradeoff weren't making all said areas absolutely dreadful to traverse on foot.

duckroll

Aether Currents, by themselves, don't do anything. They're basically just a "visit all these spots/do all these quests to be able to fly in these areas" checklist.

I do like the idea of flying in the HW areas, I just wish the tradeoff weren't making all said areas absolutely dreadful to traverse on foot.

How do I know how many currents are left in an area then?

Edzi

I'm just going to start asking some FC healers/tanks to help me do my dailies with DPS classes. The wait is unbearable, but dungeons are the best way to do early leveling. Just need to get swiftcast, and then I can focus exclusively on Arcanist to get a Scholar.

Resubbed yesterday, hadn't played something like 18 months. I'm so lost... totally overwhelmed. I think I may have to start a new character or spend a week hitting a dummy just remembering rotations, let alone what I was doing. Gonna be a long trek when I can't even remember the controls on PS4 (I had to look up a shortcut list and targeting guide... yikes), but am looking forward to it! Even if I am completely lost...

Probably easiest to start over I guess, I never got to end game anyways (three 50-51 classes, pretty much every other class besides the heavensward classes to 30ish). Kinda reluctant to throw away the progress I'd made but I'm not sure picking it up mid stride at this point is practical.

ebil

Resubbed yesterday, hadn't played something like 18 months. I'm so lost... totally overwhelmed. I think I may have to start a new character or spend a week hitting a dummy just remembering rotations, let alone what I was doing. Gonna be a long trek when I can't even remember the controls on PS4 (I had to look up a shortcut list and targeting guide... yikes), but am looking forward to it! Even if I am completely lost...

Probably easiest to start over I guess, I never got to end game anyways (three 50-51 classes, pretty much every other class besides the heavensward classes to 30ish). Kinda reluctant to throw away the progress I'd made but I'm not sure picking it up mid stride at this point is practical.
Try Palace of the Dead if you think you need to relearn your jobs starting from scratch. It has a separate progression system where you start from level 1 and level up at a quick pace, so you'll pick up your skills in the order you learn them while leveling. You'll even get a taste of how they play at level 60 without having to level up the long way.

Try Palace of the Dead if you think you need to relearn your jobs starting from scratch. It has a separate progression system where you start from level 1 and level up at a quick pace, so you'll pick up your skills in the order you learn them while leveling. You'll even get a taste of how they play at level 60 without having to level up the long way.

Really? That sounds perfect! Thanks for the advice, I'll try it tonight

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm just going to start asking some FC healers/tanks to help me do my dailies with DPS classes. The wait is unbearable, but dungeons are the best way to do early leveling. Just need to get swiftcast, and then I can focus exclusively on Arcanist to get a Scholar.
You should always ask. Need to get GAF actually playing together.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, in my boredom before Stormblood, I decided to get myself not only a Bard Anima weapon, but a relic as well because I like the look of the Yoichi Bow.

I forgot how awful the relic quests are. I was dreading the Materia melding stage (though it's probably cheap now), but I had totally forgotten about the book stage I did years ago with my SMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom