• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubius01

I want to see the dartboard they use to pick which jobs they went in-depth into and which got bumped for PVP and ground mounts.

Also over/under on this ending, as it always does, trying to sell us new march

Don't lie. You'd buy Goobue underpants like the rest of us if they offered it

scy

do we get super fast pvp mount rewards too

Yeah, this. I find the skill pretty damn versatile. Sure you can't attack during it but it seems like a powerful cooldown so if you need to use for the group, you can plan for it, or you can use it for yourself. Also if you are OT during an Alliance raid and things are going poorly, you can shield party members from big damage and help people stay alive.

Ultimately, I think it's one of those flavor buttons or "I'm helping!" things. It's not specifically necessary but it can come in handy? So not the reason to bring one but still able to do something with them if the need arises.

But otherwise, just a potential ~30-40% self-mitigation cooldown button which in itself is a good thing. Just not the wow factor I was personally thinking we'd see them display.

Of course I'm going to leveling all three tanks as well, but so far PLD looks like it is getting mechanics that will make it more interesting, that will be nice. I've missed playing PLD.

I'm mostly curious since so far it seems they moved Sheltron into the resource generation and not a strict cooldown but I also couldn't find too many other skills on that resource meter on the hotbars. Personally, it's hard to shake the feeling of "they got a meter because the other two tanks got meters" but I'll blame the presentation of the information rather than the jobs themselves.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The new combat gauges and bahamut stuff look great for summoner. I've gone from "I'll grab stormblood sometime later when it's on sale" to actually considering buying it soon.

Moaradin

Can you not redeem the pre order code for stormblood yet? I bought the game on GMG, and I got a code and instructions on how to redeem it, but it shows as invalid when I put it in the site.

edit: nevermind. Site really didn't like the extra space at the end I guess.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can you not redeem the pre order code for stormblood yet? I bought the game on GMG, and I got a code and instructions on how to redeem it, but it shows as invalid when I put it in the site.

Wait nevermind.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Like the last time there should be two codes - early access code which you should be able to redeem right now and product code which you must redeem around the time the game actually releases.

BLCKATK

do we get super fast pvp mount rewards too

Ultimately, I think it's one of those flavor buttons or "I'm helping!" things. It's not specifically necessary but it can come in handy? So not the reason to bring one but still able to do something with them if the need arises.

But otherwise, just a potential ~30-40% self-mitigation cooldown button which in itself is a good thing. Just not the wow factor I was personally thinking we'd see them display.

I'm mostly curious since so far it seems they moved Sheltron into the resource generation and not a strict cooldown but I also couldn't find too many other skills on that resource meter on the hotbars. Personally, it's hard to shake the feeling of "they got a meter because the other two tanks got meters" but I'll blame the presentation of the information rather than the jobs themselves.

Yeah, maybe the wow factor will come from whatever uses the Oath Gauge? They didn't go into detail on how it would actually be spent. I'm assuming it will be used on Clemency and the new Holy spell. Maybe some other things will use it as well?

Even if PLD just got a bar because the others got one, since PLD got one I really hope that they actually thought about it and added ways to add complexity.

The Sheltron change is very curious to me. Sheltron being able to block magic makes it much much better. I'm sure because it's not a cooldown anymore, that is going to make it less potent, but we'll see.

Like the last time there should be two codes - early access code which you should be able to redeem right now and product code which you must redeem around the time the game actually releases.

I preordered the game months ago on PSN. Do I get the two codes?

dramatis

For heals
ONSg5hE.jpg

For tanks (from reddit)
4mXcK4V.jpg

If I read it right they are Rampart, Low blow, Provoke, Conva, Anticipation (New), Reprisal, Awareness, Interject (New), Ultimatum (New), Shirk (New)

Looking at the others now.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
For heals
ONSg5hE.jpg
[/IMG]

Well grip and surecast are useless
So it's gonna be CS, Protect, Esuna, Swiftcast and then one of the remaining four.
Which we don't know what they do.
In a raid setting one of the healers can abandon protect and depending on the fight you might not need esuna buuuuuut

scy

Yeah, maybe the wow factor will come from whatever uses the Oath Gauge? They didn't go into detail on how it would actually be spent. I'm assuming it will be used on Clemency and the new Holy spell. Maybe some other things will use it as well?

Best I could tell, Clemency on the bars still had an MP cost on it so unsure. Definitely this awkward spot of we got showed things but still know relatively nothing.

The Sheltron change is very curious to me. Sheltron being able to block magic makes it much much better. I'm sure because it's not a cooldown anymore, that is going to make it less potent, but we'll see.

It depends? At the rate they were generating meter (5/GCD), it's on a faster recast now than before (10 GCDs or 22.5s vs 30s) with some added caveats of getting to back-to-back uses as a possibility.

Well grip and surecast are useless

grip troll factor is always worth it

BLCKATK

Best I could tell, Clemency on the bars still had an MP cost on it so unsure. Definitely this awkward spot of we got showed things but still know relatively nothing.

It depends? At the rate they were generating meter (5/GCD), it's on a faster recast now than before (10 GCDs or 22.5s vs 30s) with some added caveats of getting to back-to-back uses as a possibility.

I wasn't able to see super closely, but meter was going up from Auto-Attacks correct? Maybe blocks as well? And I would hope that there would be a skill that use 80% of the meter for a big effect of something. Sheltron took away from the meter by around 40 I think?

What I'm curious about was the skill that looked like a "Smite". The PLD raised his sword and lightning crashed onto the blade, and then he struck. More magical damage? I'm super curious about that aspect of the job. The new holy took up 5 from the meter as well.

Also something I noticed, they did Fast Blade > Riot Blade > Royal Authority. Maybe breaking combo for cool-factor but that would be interesting if they changed it.

And finally, after the shift to Shield Oath, the meter did not fill up any longer. That's an interesting factor.

studyguy

I wasn't able to see super closely, but meter was going up from Auto-Attacks correct? Maybe blocks as well? And I would hope that there would be a skill that use 80% of the meter for a big effect of something. Sheltron took away from the meter by around 40 I think?

What I'm curious about was the skill that looked like a "Smite". The PLD raised his sword and lightning crashed onto the blade, and then he struck. More magical damage? I'm super curious about that aspect of the job. The new holy took up 5 from the meter as well.

Also something I noticed, they did Fast Blade > Riot Blade > Royal Authority. Maybe breaking combo for cool-factor but that would be interesting if they changed it.

And finally, after the shift to Shield Oath, the meter did not fill up any longer. That's an interesting factor.

The meter wasn't going up with every attack. Some during Shield Oath made no difference once shelltron was used. Didn't look like AA was doing it.

Also yes, the strange combo from RIOT > RA was curious. I wonder if they just make Riot / Savage open to whatever combo. I know for a fact I've wanted to RA at times when I hit riot and the enemy wouldn't survive the full goring.

BLCKATK

The meter wasn't going up with every attack. Some during Shield Oath made no difference once shelltron was used. Didn't look like AA was doing it.

Also yes, the strange combo from RIOT > RA was curious. I wonder if they just make Riot / Fast open to whatever combo. I know for a fact I've wanted to RA at times when I hit riot and the enemy wouldn't survive the full goring.

Yeah the thing I actually am honing in on is that Auto-Attacks while in SWORD OATH generated the meter. Maybe it's the bonus auto-attack that occurs while in Sword Oath that generates the meter? If so, then stance swapping is mandatory now for PLD, which is awesome.

All speculation, but I'm getting excited.

Guess Who

Banned
So if the main scenario skip potions don't affect your level, what, do you clear all the scenario quests but still end up stuck at level one? Or... ?!

studyguy

Yeah the thing I actually am honing in on is that Auto-Attacks while in SWORD OATH generated the meter. Maybe it's the bonus auto-attack that occurs while in Sword Oath that generates the meter? If so, then stance swapping is mandatory now for PLD, which is awesome.

All speculation, but I'm getting excited.

Yeah that was my conclusion as well from what I saw. I didn't see ANY gains during shield oath. My guess:

Sword Oath attacks boost gauge.
Shield Oath Blocks (or dmg taken?) boost gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom