• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took some notes (and made a decoder ring) from Dervy's rotation that others have posted. You could always try this a thousand times against a training dummy until you feel comfortable with it:

Hey thanks! Still checking the thread. Probably not playing for a few days as I'm going to have company but I'll make a mental note of your post.

Akainu

Is this the new Highlander male flex emote?
Found it here in case anyone wanted to know

GloriousRelievedBlackbuck-size_restricted.gif

Can't get over how great this is!

Squishy3

Yeah, the big thing is getting down the "basic" rotation then applying that knowledge to fights. If you're perceptive, you'll notice how you can adapt it to each individual fight and when you have uptime on the bosses where you don't need to move away for any mechanics and it's best to pop things like blood for blood and internal release.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Does the basic rotation involve standing in lava

only if you are a dragoon.
Yeah, the big thing is getting down the "basic" rotation then applying that knowledge to fights. If you're perceptive, you'll notice how you can adapt it to each individual fight and when you have uptime on the bosses where you don't need to move away for any mechanics and it's best to pop things like blood for blood and internal release.

I've yet to find a perfect rotation for sophia EX but I'm making progress.

Qvoth

didn't see any a10s practice PF yet this week, saw a few last week
can't enter RF since not i250 either
was hoping to clear a10s this week, managed to reach 20%ish
they really made the ilvl requirements too high considering the creator's difficulty <_<

Ok so I just beat Leviathan for the main story.

And now all I have in my quests are:
Odin
Titan Extreme
Satasha Hard
Amdapor Keep Hard
Labyrinth of the Ancients

And none of these seem to progress the main story? So now I'm lost. From what I've been reading is the Ramuh stuff should be next but I have no idea where to go.

Squishy3

i knew you won't take any damage, didn't know it lasts 10 seconds though
i think gimmicks still kill you though, like a9s lava floors for example
a9s lava floors don't actually do any damage, i've been rezzed in them and the 0 damage doesn't show up, they just inflict the 7k tick burn. stuff like sephirot's bubbles too for example you can take 0 damage from but still receive the vulnerability stacks

Ok so I just beat Leviathan for the main story.

And now all I have in my quests are:
Odin
Titan Extreme
Satasha Hard
Amdapor Keep Hard
Labyrinth of the Ancients

And none of these seem to progress the main story? So now I'm lost. From what I've been reading is the Ramuh stuff should be next but I have no idea where to go.
If you beat Leviathan there should've been a MSQ quest picking up from wherever you left off there. Check the Waking Sands?

neoemonk

I decided to level DRK to tank for my friends when Heavensward came out. I had one friend that could tank and he hated it, so I thought I would throw my hat into the ring.

Real life happened, and I took a lengthy break from the game. Came back recently, started working on Lore, and decided I'd try out Bismarck EX since I had the iLvl.

And this is how I learned that Provoke is mandatory for tanking.

That party was pretty pissed at me.

Gotten my PLD up to ilvl 225 now and I feel like I'm at a point where I'm happy with my tanking. I feel a whole lot more confident now. Been running more stuff where there is tank switching so I can get used to that.

I still prefer to be OT rather than MT still don't think I'll be making PLD my main class though. Sticking it out with AST for that.

a9s lava floors don't actually do any damage, i've been rezzed in them and the 0 damage doesn't show up, they just inflict the 7k tick burn. stuff like sephirot's bubbles too for example you can take 0 damage from but still receive the vulnerability stacks

If you beat Leviathan there should've been a MSQ quest picking up from wherever you left off there. Check the Waking Sands?
D'oh!

No idea how I left the room without grabbing the quest from purple girl.

Is it me or since the introduction of her storyline there's been a LOT more voice acting scenes?

Vanethyr

So I've been putting this off for a while now, but it looks like it's time for me to return to Odin, my dear fellow GAFers on Ultros :(

It's been a blast but I'm off to join some friends and colleagues over there since they understandably aren't interested in playing on a US server, and I'm also hoping to find more active people online during the times I'm on (what with living in the UK and all that).

I'm sure I'll see you guys around on here from time to time though, so ta-ta for now! o/

Redx508

So I've been putting this off for a while now, but it looks like it's time for me to return to Odin, my dear fellow GAFers on Ultros :(

It's been a blast but I'm off to join some friends and colleagues over there since they understandably aren't interested in playing on a US server, and I'm also hoping to find more active people online during the times I'm on (what with living in the UK and all that).

I'm sure I'll see you guys around on here from time to time though, so ta-ta for now! o/

Till next time! have fun over there

btw what's your ingame name lol i don't know everyone's gaf names

Ogawa-san

Ran out of second chances this week and had to gamble with my last two seals. That was the 8th, so there goes my luck for the rest of the year.

Shame I didn't get the minion before the prices tanked, it'll be under 2mi before the next lockout...

Celcius

°Temp. member
That's an Immortal Flames grand company greatsword. Can't buy or wear it unless you're in that GC.

ah, thanks

Lv 46, I feel like I'm getting close to the end of the main story in ARR...
About to try to rescue Minfelia... am I close to the end?

The big thing I'm looking forward to for 4.0 is a bigger armoury chest.

Three new jobs? Pfff. Three new places to put leveling gear.

At least, unless PS4 limitations keep us from getting a bigger one.

Lol crystal braves and them ugly hats

Trying to do Odin now, I think I'm on the quests leading up to Shiva now? Hopefully clear all this tonight.

Anyone on Adamantoise?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
ah, thanks

Lv 46, I feel like I'm getting close to the end of the main story in ARR...
About to try to rescue Minfelia... am I close to the end?
Sort of. You've gotten through most of the slow parts, but ARR has two endings. Lv 1 - lv 50 is the first ending (2.0 ending) and after that there's 100 more lv 50 main story quest that sets the groundwork for Heavensward (2.55 ending).

So im iLVL 103 due to tombstone tradings, and trying to get to Heavensward content. Are any current dungeons worth farming or should I wait til I hit the new content?

What's the chance of HW msrp getting cheaper after the new expansion announced/released?

I've seen lots of ARR+HW bundle deals on Amazon and such, but upgrading from ARR is still kinda pricey.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So im iLVL 103 due to tombstone tradings, and trying to get to Heavensward content. Are any current dungeons worth farming or should I wait til I hit the new content?
Nope. If you're trying to get your ilv up there's a ilv 115 vendor set in Heavensward that you can get someone else to purchase for you or buy directly from the market board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom