• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talaysen

It's definitely a 2-way road and DRK should absolutely consider just stopping attacks for a GCD or two when that happens, but here's a hot tip: Provoke then burn Equilibrium and or Second Wind in Defiance. You don't really need much self-healing in that fight, but aggro generation on that 10k crit heal can be absolutely ridiculous. Other than that, yeah, try to game the timing. Unless you're pushing phases things should always happen at the same time. After Roller it's even easier - the add spawns at exactly one minute after Roller dies and then the final voke happens three minutes after Roller dies. Tell the warrior to look at these timings and be ready instead of trying to be completely reactionary.

Does Thrill of Battle's heal also generate aggro? There's some high incoming damage right after that swap so it'd be nice to have up for that anyway.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Does Thrill of Battle's heal also generate aggro? There's some high incoming damage right after that swap so it'd be nice to have up for that anyway.

It only generates normal buff aggro. Much like with bloodbath's drain and IB's self-healing, it is not considered curative magic and so has no enmity gain.
Whatever has "Cure Potency:" in description is healing magic and uses healing magic enmity modifiers. Various drains don't, like for example Abyssal Drain's Dark Arts effect isn't inherently any more enmity, but Clemency is an aggro gain.

Talaysen

It only generates normal buff aggro. Much like with bloodbath's drain and IB's self-healing, it is not considered curative magic and so has no enmity gain.
Whatever has "Cure Potency:" in description is healing magic and uses healing magic enmity modifiers. Various drains don't, like for example Abyssal Drain's Dark Arts effect isn't inherently any more enmity, but Clemency is an aggro gain.

Oh, interesting. That sort of makes sense.

Squishy3

Careful what you wish for. The EX version of that is a real ball-buster. :)
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that messed up will lead to one or multiple people dying, although it's not as big a deal with current gear levels if a few people die, as you'll still handily beat the enrage. But a zero mistake party has him dead well before the final set of actual mechanics now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Jumping in line next if it's still available (non-steam NA PC version here)

i like your Marvel SW avatar

i sent you a code via PM

my only request is that you please - please - consider voting straight Democrat in the 2018 midterm election. it's super important.

wamberz1

So is grinding the aetherowhatever research facility the fastest way to grind Lore right now, given the absurd amount it drops?

Squishy3

So is grinding the aetherowhatever research facility the fastest way to grind Lore right now, given the absurd amount it drops?
Yes, since you get 150 for one run while needing to run two Gubal/Xelphatols to match it, and most groups aren't going to be able to run those exceptionally fast.

wamberz1

Yes, since you get 150 for one run while needing to run two Gubal/Xelphatols to match it, and most groups aren't going to be able to run those exceptionally fast.

That's weird... you'd think they would try and reward playing a variety of dungeons more. I basically have no motivation now to try and unlock the other base heavensward dungeons.
Careful what you wish for. The EX version of that is a real ball-buster. :)
Oh I'm looking forward to it >:)

Geoff9920

Just reactivated my account yesterday and now my SQEX Token decides to randomly unregister my phone. Emergency password doesn't work as it must have been from previous phone's token. Ugh... It's been one fucking day. GG

I guess I call support now? Any other way around this?

Squishy3

That's weird... you'd think they would try and reward playing a variety of dungeons more. I basically have no motivation now to try and unlock the other base heavensward dungeons.

Oh I'm looking forward to it >:)
Still worth unlocking them to get 60 roulette, as 60 roulette at minimum gives 130 lore and at the most 160. They're also usually faster than ARF because of people being overgeared and they aren't ilvl synced down. The newest dungeons in 60 roulette for example have a minimum of 200 and the item level for most people is going to be between 230-250.

wamberz1

Still worth unlocking them to get 60 roulette, as 60 roulette at minimum gives 130 lore and at the most 160. They're also usually faster than ARF because of people being overgeared and they aren't ilvl synced down. The newest dungeons in 60 roulette for example have a minimum of 200 and the item level for most people is going to be between 230-250.

Ah... That makes more sense. Thanks.

Omni

They need to nerf the amount of tomes you get from it. Or increase what the other dungeons are giving.

The dungeons that came in 3.1 in particular, were gorgeous. 3.0 ones are nice too. Yet I never ever see any of them any more because stupid relic ARF farming. It's ugly to look at. It's boring to play. Just zzzz.

creid

Just reactivated my account yesterday and now my SQEX Token decides to randomly unregister my phone. Emergency password doesn't work as it must have been from previous phone's token. Ugh... It's been one fucking day. GG

I guess I call support now? Any other way around this?
You need support. Unfortunately, I think they're closed on weekends.

Omni

I'm kinda in a frustrating place where I know 100% that I can clear A11s as main heals. Yet as a group, my static isn't really working well together (I swear how many times can you still get hit by the boss' cleave before you learn to move out of the way. Or screw up the circles in last phase), nor are they willing to put in the time to sort out the issues. They've been on 20-30% for weeks now. I make mistakes myself, sure. But you know. It gets old very quickly.

I dunno if I should just get my clear somewhere else or what at this point. Not even gonna lie, I've thought about leaving the static too but that would screw them over for longer.

Just kinda SIGH.

Nohar

Thank you very much for your advices!

Not having a static and trying to do A10s is a disaster.. I'm even trying as WAR or PLD but no luck for like 3 weeks now.

Check the Party finder regularly. Quite often people are looking for players to fill up their static. You might get lucky. Also ask inside of your FC if some people would be interested in creating one.

Also, having a static is not all sunshine and rainbows either. [snip deleted]

I have questions!

1. What is a "static"?
2. What are "A10s" and "A9s"?
3. When I killed Titan the other day, I got my fourth crystal, despite having killed only two primals (Titan and Ifrit). What were the other two crystals and how did I get them?
4. How likely is it for Heavensward to be on sale on PSN during Black Friday? I'd like the collector's edition that is currently 60$CA on PSN.

iammeiam

I have questions!

1. What is a "static"?

A group with a set roster of members who meet regularly to tackle specific content; basically a raid group. This is usually 8 people (2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 DPS) who work through the end-game raid content together. Sometimes people form statics for other things--like grinding out primals for birds. People who don't have a static can still PUG (pick-up group) the endgame content with different people week to week, but generally having a static will get you faster and more reliable clears.

2. What are "A10s" and "A9s"?

The first and second floors of the current end-game raid. In ARR, at level 50, the endgame raid was the Coil of Bahamut; there were three tiers of the raid with The Binding Coil of Bahamut landing in 2.0, The Second Coil of Bahamut in 2.2, and The Final Coil of Bahamut in 3.4. Each Tier had four or five encounters in it, called Turns, and are usually referred to from T1 (the first encounter in the first raid tier) to T13 (the last encounter in The Final Coil of Bahamut.) 2.3 also introduced a Savage (harder) version of The Second Coil, so the floors in Second Coil, T6-T9, also have Savage versions which are referred to as T6S-T9S.

With Heavensward, they made the endgame raid Alexander, and had two versions from the get-go. There's a normal version, which is sort of for everyone, and then a Savage version, which is meant to be the more challenging endgame raid. Each Tier (Father in 3.0, Son in 3.2, Creator in 3.4) has four floors, and the popular way to reference them is A1-A12. A1S, then, is the Savage version of A1, etc. The current endgame is A9S-A12S. The cutscenes and everything are the same between the two versions, but the encounters differ with the Savage version generally being more mechanically complex and hitting harder.

3. When I killed Titan the other day, I got my fourth crystal, despite having killed only two primals (Titan and Ifrit). What were the other two crystals and how did I get them?

Somebody who doesn't skip cutscenes can answer this.

4. How likely is it for Heavensward to be on sale on PSN during Black Friday? I'd like the collector's edition that is currently 60$CA on PSN.

I'd guess likely, but it's worth noting if the CE doesn't go on sale and the normal version does, you can just pay SE $20 to digitally upgrade your to the CE for the extra in-game items.

aceface

As I recall, you get the first crystal from your first big solo duty...in Gridania I remember it was a fight under a big tree, but I think it varies depending on which city you started in. The other one I don't remember.

Edit: oh apparently the sylph elder gives you the other one.

Moaradin

Does Machinist normally do pretty crap DPS at level 50? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, but outside my opening I feel like I'm not doing very much damage.

iammeiam

MCH sustained will always feel low, though, because the job is very much designed around high burst windows and lower sustained to level it out. The job feels a lot better after getting the full set of skills, but the spaces between Wildfires and RRR sets always feel comparatively weak.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Does Machinist normally do pretty crap DPS at level 50?

No.

H3cWne0.jpg

It can't reach the numbers of a good BLM or a MNK but it's more or less on par with a BRD at that level.
Basic MCH gameplay is set by level 40, and everything after that just adds onto it, the biggest downside is that you don't get your Foe Requiem equivalent until 58.

CLBridges

I still have yet to do Creator normal or Sophia normal, so behind. Really looking forward to 3.5 though and how HW as a whole concludes, story wise. Then onward to Stormblood where I really hope they shake things up a bit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Chances that PS4 Pro will get a pro patch for Stormblood?
From what I've heard last time I asked about the patch, Yoshida said he's going to talk about it during the live letter. No idea if it was about the next one though.

I hope we won't have to wait that long.

Allard

From what I've heard last time I asked about the patch, Yoshida said he's going to talk about it during the live letter. No idea if it was about the next one though.

He mentioned in the the gamewatch interview that they will talk about in a live letter likely at Tokyo Fanfest.

Squishy3

I still have yet to do Creator normal or Sophia normal, so behind. Really looking forward to 3.5 though and how HW as a whole concludes, story wise. Then onward to Stormblood where I really hope they shake things up a bit.
Highly recommend both of those, I really enjoyed this go-around's Warring Triad stuff. Shines a few lights on stuff that made me fanboy a bit because it meant my headcanon wasn't wrong

Chille

I will have to get a Pro if it gets supported

If there's no new races then it would be cool if they gave us some sort of expanded character creator options, and I'm not talking about two new hairstyles but something maybe more substantial.

I hope it's going to be "here's the Pro details" and not "no pro mode planned".

Omni

What accuracy do I need on Bard for say uhhh... A9s? I wish there were in-game values that I can look at instead of going into an instance and realise I'm missing every single iron-jaws and sidewinder

D:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom