• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again to every one who helped with the Crystal Tower and the other bosses! It was very fun. Especially that raid.

I recently unlock Bahamut's Dungeon (which seems to be divided in five parts). Is this a 24-man raid also?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I caught up on everything, except ex primals and savage which I'm just going to ignore this time. Alex normal was fun and PotD was a great addition. I think they were really smart in designing and adding PotD floors 1-100. It's a great way to bring together all the players in one spot for grinding type activity. I find after catching up I'm not left with much desire to keep going though. I wish there was more to the gear than just higher numbers, that's an old complaint though I guess.

My subs still active for a couple of weeks so I'll try to check the thread sometimes, I'd love to play around with some people from here just doing whatever

Omni

Okay I'm reaaaally struggling to main heal A12s. Between a DRK main tank that doesn't use grit beyond a power slash combo at the start (seriously that first tank buster absolutely ruins his health. If if I don't time it right, he's dead when the second hit, hits, nonetheless the third) and a SCH that is almost full time DPS, I feel so out of my depth. The prey > rage > double holy sequence is absolutely terrifying too. Also having mana issues at the end of that phase with the two big adds. Not quite sure how to approach it properly yet.

Just... my god. Feel like I'm kinda letting the group down a bit because they have it on farm and cleared today in like 5 wipes. It's only my second time in there but today we spent 90 minutes and didn't get past time-gates for whatever reason or another.

aceface

Okay I'm reaaaally struggling to main heal A12s. Between a DRK main tank that doesn't use grit beyond a power slash combo at the start (seriously that first tank buster absolutely ruins his health. If if I don't time it right, he's dead when the second hit, hits, nonetheless the third) and a SCH that is almost full time DPS, I feel so out of my depth. The prey > rage > double holy sequence is absolutely terrifying too. Also having mana issues at the end of that phase with the two big adds. Not quite sure how to approach it properly yet.

Just... my god. Feel like I'm kinda letting the group down a bit because they have it on farm and cleared today in like 5 wipes. It's only my second time in there but today we spent 90 minutes and didn't get past time-gates for whatever reason or another.

If they are expecting you to solo heal without tank stances or help from the SCH they are going to have to accept that's it's going to take you awhile to learn it. I've never done A12S so I can't speak to specifics but is the SCH not even dropping an Adlo on the tank for that tank buster you mentioned?

Omni

If they are expecting you to solo heal without tank stances or help from the SCH they are going to have to accept that's it's going to take you awhile to learn it. I've never done A12S so I can't speak to specifics but is the SCH not even dropping an Adlo on the tank for that tank buster you mentioned?
They're actually being great about it. Trying to teach me what to do and stuff so I've got no complaints there. I'm actually really thankful that they're taking the time to take me through.

Our SCH uses a single aldo pre-pull (that's gone before TB) and doesn't shield again until the Almost Holy. Then goes back to DPS for the most part until phase transition. I could PM you a clip if you're curious. They're actually a really good group in terms of DPS, so I don't wanna force the SCH to heal more when they usually don't bother. It's just the learning curve feels incredibly high xD

Omni

Should I wait to get better gear before trying Heavensward EX fights? I'm almost at a full lore set.
Lore as in... i230? Or did you upgrade to i240?

You'd be fine either way, I think. Sophia ex might be a bit rough if you're barely making the requirement but it's more a mechanical fight anyway. DPS check seems almost non-existent. Everything else should be a breeze

wamberz1

Lore as in... i230? Or did you upgrade to i240?

You'd be fine either way, I think. Sophia ex might be a bit rough if you're barely making the requirement but it's more a mechanical fight anyway. DPS check seems almost non-existent. Everything else should be a breeze

...You can upgrade? 0_0
so much stuff I still don't know...
I was looking at
Thordan's
reign in particular, which I know is difficult.

Squishy3

Plus with Heavensward onward there's just more and better story to tell.
Plus they had all their lessons learned from 2.0 to apply to 3.0. Better pacing, etc.

...You can upgrade? 0_0
so much stuff I still don't know...
I was looking at
Thordan's
reign in particular, which I know is difficult.
You can upgrade the lore gear by running Void Ark and the Weeping City of Mhach, you need a Mhachi Farthing and a Mhachi Penny to upgrade them. Best to upgrade left-side first then right side.

Bouniter

Thanks again to every one who helped with the Crystal Tower and the other bosses! It was very fun. Especially that raid.

I recently unlock Bahamut's Dungeon (which seems to be divided in five parts). Is this a 24-man raid also?

These are all 8 man raids I've just done them myself.

I tried my absolute best to do them synced and while 1-4 where all easy peasy 5 is truly something else. After waiting in excess of 4 hours just to get a group together (not many people apparently want to so it synced), we spent over an hour actually attempting the thing getting close but not quite getting their 2:30am had arrived for me, I was getting tired so I finally caved and we ran it synced to get the clear. The group of randoms and a few Gaf members I ended up with were fantastic though and well worth the wait, we all ended up in a discord chat laughing and joking. I can honestly say it was one of the best moments I've ever had in a game with a bunch of strangers and I just want to say thanks again to all the Gaf members again that helped me that night because it was excellent. *plays air guitar*

I haven't been able to play much since came down with the flu and looking at a screen for long periods of time hurts but I will be back for 6-9 be sure of it ^.^

It looks like I am going to need help with Garuda on Extreme. It seems some players don't grasp the concept of "don't attack this enemy" even when there's a big fucking symbol above it that indicates DO NOT ATTACK.

I'm going to sleep now. But tomorrow, if any one could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hikami

Spent a bunch of time in the Gold Saucer today, finally checking out all the stuff. Spent like an hour playing Triple Triad alone, it's pretty fun. Guess I just found something to keep me busy while waiting for duty finder queues.

Omni

It looks like I am going to need help with Garuda on Extreme. It seems some players don't grasp the concept of "don't attack this enemy" even when there's a big fucking symbol above it that indicates DO NOT ATTACK.

I'm going to sleep now. But tomorrow, if any one could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
You're doing them all sync'd? I can't remember the last time I actually tried that.

UGH I hate Garuda enough as is

Garuda EX synced is great. I got it on mentor roulette the other week and we cleared with no problem. Just watch out to not kill Spiny and make sure the MT and OT separate the birds. Dont do these unsynched if you really want the challenge. Some of the fights in the game has newcomers just blaze through unsynched. It is no display of skill or anything like that. I did all primals synched and they are super fun if you have the ability to learn them!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Finally found a use for my apartment. I took all the furniture I am not using anymore out of my retainers and used the apartment as a storage unit. Freed up a lot of retainer space.

bFIi3P3.jpg

Zuly

I find Garuda Extreme the funnest of the ARR primal fights. Titan Extreme synced is what drives me insane the most. Meanwhile, even unsynced Leviathan EX ends with everyone falling off.

For those in Ultros, I've been recruiting people for running content at min. iLvl. If you're interested, let me know! It's going to be awful and I'm looking forward to it.

You're doing them all sync'd? I can't remember the last time I actually tried that.

UGH I hate Garuda enough as is

Garuda EX synced is great. I got it on mentor roulette the other week and we cleared with no problem. Just watch out to not kill Spiny and make sure the MT and OT separate the birds. Dont do these unsynched if you really want the challenge. Some of the fights in the game has newcomers just blaze through unsynched. It is no display of skill or anything like that. I did all primals synched and they are super fun if you have the ability to learn them!

At this point, I don't care about doing it unsynced. I just want to do the quest. My objective is the get to Heavensward as quickly as possible. I'll do them synced at some point down the line, but not now.

What do I have to do to do it unsynced?

Go on the Duty Finder settings and check the Undersized Party option. Then just gather up a party with friends or Party Finder and queue up for it.

aceface

Finally found a use for my apartment. I took all the furniture I am not using anymore out of my retainers and used the apartment as a storage unit. Freed up a lot of retainer space.

Oh man, that's a great idea. I should do that.

I find Garuda Extreme the funnest of the ARR primal fights. Titan Extreme synced is what drives me insane the most. Meanwhile, even unsynced Leviathan EX ends with everyone falling off.

For those in Ultros, I've been recruiting people for running content at min. iLvl. If you're interested, let me know! It's going to be awful and I'm looking forward to it.

I wouldn't mind coming along for some fun if I'm bored. You have a linkshell? I'm Tomo Takino in-game.

At this point, I don't care about doing it unsynced. I just want to do the quest. My objective is the get to Heavensward as quickly as possible. I'll do them synced at some point down the line, but not now.

Just checking but you know you don't have to complete the ex primals and stuff to proceed to Heavensward content right? Just keep doing story quests.

Zuly

I wouldn't mind coming along for some fun if I'm bored. You have a linkshell? I'm Tomo Takino in-game.

I do have a linkshell for it. I got only a few people in since I haven't been actively recruiting in PF. I'll add you once I get on tonight.

Just checking but you know you don't have to complete the ex primals and stuff to proceed to Heavensward content right? Just keep doing story quests.

Oh I know, but I'm also knocking out the sidequests that unlock stuff. I don't want to accumulate them.

Go on the Duty Finder settings and check the Undersized Party option. Then just gather up a party with friends or Party Finder and queue up for it.

It seems that I am forced to create a party beforehand, because there is no queue. As soon as I do a Duty Search, I get thrown into the battle by my lonesome.

I did a Party Search, but no one came.

Nohar

I think I got too caught up in the game. Again. I always do this: I come back, I spend way too much time on it, other things in my life take a backseat, and I become way too involved in the game at the cost of my relationships (both in-game and IRL). And I know that this game, like any MMO with a subscription system, is an horrendous time-sink which is constructed around the idea of getting the players to stay on it the longest time possible, despite the fact that some players don't have fun anymore or don't want the time they spent on it wasted. It's the sunk cost fallacy all over again. This isn't healthy, and I think I am becoming a bad influence in my static.

I think I'll slow down playing this game. I'll connect to cap my tokens, participate in raids, probably look for a replacement, but that's it. This isn't right for me, and it isn't right for the people I play with either.

I think I got too caught up in the game. Again. I always do this: I come back, I spend way too much time on it, other things in my life take a backseat, and I become way too involved in the game at the cost of my relationships (both in-game and IRL). And I know that this game, like any MMO with a subscription system, is an horrendous time-sink which is constructed around the idea of getting the players to stay on it the longest time possible, despite the fact that some players don't have fun anymore or don't want the time they spent on it wasted. It's the sunk cost fallacy all over again. This isn't healthy, and I think I am becoming a bad influence in my static.

I think I'll slow down playing this game. I'll connect to cap my tokens, participate in raids, probably look for a replacement, but that's it. This isn't right for me, and it isn't right for the people I play with either.

Yeah, I understand.

Personally, I treat this game as a single-player story-driven one. I play it for the story, and when I'm done with the content, I will stop playing until more comes out. I'm not going to get a static group of people with whom I will play regularly just to grind stuff. I will beat every dungeon and every trial once, and that's it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Switched back from warrior to machinist in raid.
This is the accurate representation of what transpired.

3eA2qMp.jpg

aravuus

Yeah, I understand.

Personally, I treat this game as a single-player story-driven one. I play it for the story, and when I'm done with the content, I will stop playing until more comes out. I'm not going to get a static group of people with whom I will play regularly just to grind stuff. I will beat every dungeon and every trial once, and that's it.

Yep. I try to do at least a couple of quests every day, seems like a pretty good pace. Always main story quests. Aside from the earlier CNJ grinding, I've done pretty much zero side quests.

SkyOdin

It seems that I am forced to create a party beforehand, because there is no queue. As soon as I do a Duty Search, I get thrown into the battle by my lonesome.

I did a Party Search, but no one came.
Undersized party mostly exists so that one to three level 60 friends can help new people quickly clear older content. Unless you have a higher level than 50, it won't help you much. It is pretty easy for two level 60 characters to kill Garuda EX by themselves, though. Due to a certain endgame mecganic, it isn't uncommon to see people organizing unsynced EX Primal parties these days. If you keep your eyes on the Party Finder, you might be able to get into one of those.

You can always use the the Undersized Party option to solo Sastasha if you like.

kiyomi

Yeah, I understand.

Make sure you do the Hildibrand quests if you haven't already. I've been playing them recently and they're a real treat.

IvorB

I would totally be up for this but I wish min. ilevel didn't also cut off the post-50 skills. Maybe I can do it on bard where that's actually a good thing.

Reknoc

The hildebrand quests still have far and away the best cutscenes in the entire game. I still need to do the HW ones but ended up starting the Mogwarts quest and thought I'd better blitz through that first.

and then I started leveling my WHM so now I'm doing neither of them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom