• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

so glad blm got a really good looking af this time after the satan's shit that was blm af2
gonna stick with blm, has been my main since arr beta
won't be leveling up my smn anymore probably, rdm is more interesting to me
blm af2 is so bad

even aside from the super dumb hat the coat is the most ill-fitting piece of fabric i've ever seen in the game

edit: damn and there's even an FFXI BLM set with the same name that looks really good

latest

aember

Boy, the Novice network sure is fun. :/

Can't even ask for any advice because there are 3-4 people that are just talking about anything except stuff that'll help novice/returning players.

aka_bueno

The grind towards level 50 from level 30 on feels much, much slower than the grind to level 30 from level 1.

If you have only been playing for three days, why not just make a new character instead of spending $20 to transfer?

I hear you guys, but it took me these past 2 days playing a lot to get Lancer to 15 and then Archer to currently 19.

I'm not down to redo all those damn quests again, I'd rather spend the $20 than lose those past 2 days spent playing lol

Squishy3

I got my entire squad to lvl 50 and just said fuck it when it comes to the lvl 40 missions. Don't really need any of the rewards for it. I'll wait till they lift the cap on it before bothering with squad missions again.
Chances are you'll just need to switch around at least one class. That's all I had to do. You can buy the manual to do so with GC seals, IIRC.

dabig2

Chances are you'll just need to switch around at least one class. That's all I had to do. You can buy the manual to do so with GC seals, IIRC.

Probably, but I ain't got time for that lol. Made first lieutenant ages ago and all my people are currently lvl 50, so I'm just waiting it out till SB.

duckroll

Does anyone know what's up with the S-E Online Store? I looked into buying the XIV books, and as far as I can tell there's only Priority Shipping as an option and for one book it's $21.99 for shipping, for three books it's $35.99 for shipping. Wut? Am I doing something wrong?

Can't even ask for any advice because there are 3-4 people that are just talking about anything except stuff that'll help novice/returning players.

The Novice Network on Ultros was fantastic. They helped me out a lot when I was trying to figure out what to do after a 2 years absence when I returned a few months ago.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I too think Thrill of Battle should be changed into Thrill of War. I also think PLD's dps needs to be nerfed, because it's through the roof right now.

That said, I think DRK's dps needs to be seriously buffed, since it's nerfed slightly as MT now, and buffed about 1% as OT, which is nothing. DRK should have some way of sacrificing HP as OT to deal the highest OT damage of the three, making it the blood tank. "A balanced fighter" is a moniker reserved for WAR, not DRK. I don't know why SE/Yoshida seem insistent on trying to put DRK in between WAR and PLD, and not WAR in between DRK and PLD.
The.

Expansion.

Isn't.

Even.

Out.

These sound like Week 2 complaints and we're at Week -2.

PlS God let sole survivor give a vulnerability down in pve and not just pvp.

Dark knight needs some damn utility outside of role actions now that we lost int down.

The pld call is so strong right now, but I'm all about that big sword life. Sigh

PlS God let sole survivor give a vulnerability down in pve and not just pvp.

Dark knight needs some damn utility outside of role actions now that we lost int down.

The pld call is so strong right now, but I'm all about that big sword life. Sigh

Well WAR lost both of the skills which gave it party utility and now it has literally none. And with the massive buffs to PLD deeps for no good reason, what exactly is WAR supposed to be good for now? Removal of WAR deeps and also WAR party utility makes WAR....what, exactly? I mean hey look I can do 6 Fell Cleaves for shit-tier damage guys, you still like me, right? Right?

Completely removing all remaining traces of WAR's old identity in elimination of self-healing and nerfing of stance dancing is pretty typical of how Squenix "balances" things which is try to make everything the same. Why even have 3 tank classes at this point? Just have 1 tank class and name it "Tank" and call it a day if their method for balancing the tank classes is by removing all class identity.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
With the coming PVP changes, I wish FFXIV would have some sort of FC vs FC PVP, like in the good old days of Ragnarok Online. Easily my favorite part of that game.

Specify the time, put some big castles at stake and go!

Thorgal

at this point i feel like people on Reddit and forums are taking a random job each day and then declare it now sucks .

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Speaking of jobs, I think I'll stick with BLM until 70, because I want to see the story asap, not start SB by wasting 6+ hours with RDM in PotD.

k1t4j

You only need to be level 50 to play one of the new jobs, so you're good to go! If you're concerned about tomes, you can buy Casting gear (for RDM) and/or Striking gear (for SAM). This will let you accrue new tomes while having gear ready for when you get the new jobs to 60.

Probably not, the new jobs will be unlocked after finishing 2.x at level 50.

SAM shares gear with MNK, so you can buy MNK gear with your Tomestones.

well, ok then

Classes unlock at 50 at the end of base ARR and they start at 50 so you'll have to grind to 60 to continue story.

Id get HW done now so you have the option of starting SB on the 16th or grinding SAM/RDM to 60 to continue. Wouldn't worry about gear either, 270 stuff is outdated around lv 63/64 and the lv 60 vendor gear in SB should be 230ish. If your current ilv is below 230, I'd use tomes to upgrade it cause the last HW story missions require 230 ilv.

Thanks a lot for the reply, i'll follow one of you guys tips. Can't way for the early access the new classes and setting looks really good!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I know it's not a question with a simple answer and probably varies by server, but is there any relatively fast way of making money until SB?
I currently have only 2,5 mil and wouldn't mind increasing that amount.

k1t4j

I know it's not a question with a simple answer and probably varies by server, but is there any relatively fast way of making money until SB?
I currently have only 2,5 mil and wouldn't mind increasing that amount.

I don't know if it still works, but I went to that area in Ishgard that lets you queue for the FATE grinding event and then I would sell the materia I would get as a reward and buy from the vendor with the special coins you get.

I think I made around 6mil doing this in Zodiark, but that was 2 months ago maybe, not sure if it still works.

Sylas

The.

Expansion.

Isn't.

Even.

Out.

These sound like Week 2 complaints and we're at Week -2.
MMO communities can be really cute sometimes. I just ignore it because the tooltips were 1) Poorly translated and 2) Are still subject to change, even if people are determined to ignore that fact. I got money on the media build being an old one anyway.

Edit: I think it also has to do with Reddit's obsession with the meta. Everything has to be perfect or it's trash and not worth using, etc, etc.

Qvoth

i think it's got to do with how the western community in this game as a whole has a lower completion rate on raids, so they wanna maximize their clear potential as high as possible, thus their obsession with optimal party composition etc

Resubbed for the first time since finishing Heavensward when it first dropped, since I'll be free a lot of the summer. God I missed this game.

Starting working my way through the patch content now. Do I need to complete it all to access the Stormblood stuff like we did for 3.0?

Valor

There are legitimate concerns with the build we have information about. That being said, everyone calling for nerfs before the expac hits are a little silly since they'll swing that nerf bat around for sure soon upon release.

It is curious wondering exactly how the Tank Meta is looking to shape up, though. Paladin's DPS increase is welcome, but DRK's dps is arguably worse than it was before, and Warrior essentially didn't change.

I've heard speculation that Warrior could be out of the meta, and that would be the first time since the Warrior rework in 2.1 or 2.2 or whenever it was that Warrior hasn't been viable. It's interesting.

Speed kills are a thing also, so finding the optimal comps for this and early completion of raids is going to be a thing. Meta doesn't matter for most content in the game unless you're bleeding edge, and that's a very small fraction of the community.

ebil

Do we know which machinist ability this animation is supposed to be for? The one with the big fancy rings/gears?
Pretty sure it's Tactician, the role TP regen skill. It looks like a skill that BRD uses during their segment, which I assume to be Refresh due to the way it's color coded.

wamberz1

Pretty sure it's Tactician, the role TP regen skill. It looks like a skill that BRD uses during their segment, which I assume to be Refresh due to the way it's color coded.
ahhh, thanks. Damn, that's flashy as hell compared to what we had before.

Resubbed for the first time since finishing Heavensward when it first dropped, since I'll be free a lot of the summer. God I missed this game.

Starting working my way through the patch content now. Do I need to complete it all to access the Stormblood stuff like we did for 3.0?

The two new jobs will be available for anyone who has reached level 50, but the rest of the content, such as the new areas, will require completion of the 3.x content. The 3.x MSQ is relatively compact though - unlike 2.x - so it shouldn't pose much of a burden.

Yam's

Meta doesn't matter for most content in the game unless you're bleeding edge, and that's a very small fraction of the community.

While true, lots of people not concerned by meta still follow it like the only right way to play. You see the same idiotic behavior in games like Overwatch where people care about meta when their skill place them in a world where meta won't ever matter.

Anyway, I have no doubt that things won't be balanced at launch, but I trust SE to act upon it, so I'm not worried.

Aeana

Finished Heavensward. Felt like that went by so much quicker than ARR or post-ARR stuff. Lol.

Now you can go do the Fractal Continuum and get that Sakuraba-style dungeon rock to fill that gaping hole left by Valkyrie Profile's/Star Ocean's death.

Sylas

On one hand all I'm getting are really low level dungeons for my leveling roulette and ARR-level trials for my trial roulette and that's getting really old, but on the other hand I'm getting to help out a lot of sprouts get caught up for the expac.

Warms my cold, dead heart in some kinda of irritating way.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks to PotD I started purging all my equipment between levels 31 and 59, since I will never level outside it.
Everything is changed to materia/sold. Unless it looks cool - leaving that stuff for glamours.

duckroll

Does anyone know what's up with the S-E Online Store? I looked into buying the XIV books, and as far as I can tell there's only Priority Shipping as an option and for one book it's $21.99 for shipping, for three books it's $35.99 for shipping. Wut? Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone?

Now you can go do the Fractal Continuum and get that Sakuraba-style dungeon rock to fill that gaping hole left by Valkyrie Profile's/Star Ocean's death.

I can't. I lack the iLvl. :lol:

There have been some...uh...interesting political views in my novice network.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
blm af2 is so bad

even aside from the super dumb hat the coat is the most ill-fitting piece of fabric i've ever seen in the game

edit: damn and there's even an FFXI BLM set with the same name that looks really good

latest

FFXI gear design was fantastic most the time.

It also allowed you to glam anything on any job, so long as you had the other job leveled.

Example: If you had Samurai leveled, you could glam Samurai armor on Summoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom