• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFXI gear design was fantastic most the time.

It also allowed you to glam anything on any job, so long as you had the other job leveled.

Example: If you had Samurai leveled, you could glam Samurai armor on Summoner.

I wish I could glam some DoH/DoL stuff on to my DoW jobs.

CLBridges

Almost done with maxing out my aetherpool weapon/armor. Should be able to hit +99 in a week or so of casually grinding. I still enjoy PoTD though, put on some music or movie and chill.

Still have one more Primal Focus to do to get the weapons for RDM and SAM, hopefully they have some.

Keasar

Fucking piece of garbage game...

My Sultana, Nanamo. ;____; How could they!? She was the true jewel of the sand who stood for something good! Cold hearted sons of bitches!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
In a remarkable stroke of luck, a housing plot opened up on Ultros a day after I arrived....

In the exact same spot as the house I sold on my old server.

On one hand all I'm getting are really low level dungeons for my leveling roulette and ARR-level trials for my trial roulette and that's getting really old, but on the other hand I'm getting to help out a lot of sprouts get caught up for the expac.

Warms my cold, dead heart in some kinda of irritating way.

Lot of people dying in my Duty Roulette last night. But it was saturday and tons of new people were on, so it makes sense. Me and my friend were in Sohm Al for 70 minutes during our leveling roulette because we died to Nidhogg 7 or 8 times. I was patient the first 3 times, but they kept ignoring my when I kept marking and telling them that their comrade was stuck in a sable and they need to break them out! And then one of the DPS accidentally used their LB on nothing when running back to the boss -__- My friend was gonna LB the dragons during the Estinien defense phase, but he got stuck in a sable before Nidhogg took off and no one broke him out and no one used the LB on the dragons. I'm very patient with helping people learn and letting them make mistakes but it took so many retries for them to finally listen and pay attention.

Still though, would rather go through that again instead of running Thousand Maws of Toto Rak ever again. They need to excise that dungeon from the game or rework it completely. I know it's hard to make early dungeons interesting because of the lack of unlocked abilities, but there's gotta be something more interesting than one long hallway with the same 2 mini bosses.

aka_bueno

Day 3 of FFXIV: I've made it to level 22, the more I play the more I like this game.

It felt very obtuse at first, like there was too much to take in at first but in finding the game actually does an amazing job of introducing things little by little or letting you discover them too. There's a lot of tutorial pop ups too which help since there's so many things and systems in place. So while yeah, there's a ton of stuff to do and learn, the game at least offers pretty good tutorials to assist.

That said, I don't think I'll ever like the map and navigation of the game. It all seems SO clunky and confusing. Especially at first. I think cause so much of the game is not open, have to load between so many zones even within cities. Then the map you open up doesn't make sense half the time because of the many loading entreances and stuff, it's just a PITA compared to every other MMO I've played.

Lastly, the gamepad-friendliness is really good and I love and appreciate that I can 100% play this with a gamepad...the learning curve is...well...I'm still learning and trying to get efficient with it. Sometimes the UI gets SUPER messy and it's hard to tell wtf is going on and it seems like I'm fighting with my controller to target what I want. But it's getting better the more I play and figure out advanced settings and tricks to setting up the game for better gamepad playing

Anyone have any gamepad pro-tips?

suzu

That said, I don't think I'll ever like the map and navigation of the game. It all seems SO clunky and confusing. Especially at first. I think cause so much of the game is not open, have to load between so many zones even within cities. Then the map you open up doesn't make sense half the time because of the many loading entreances and stuff, it's just a PITA compared to every other MMO I've played.

Yeah, the current maps are crap. But they are changing them in Stormblood (it looks like FF12's maps). So.. soon!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
WAN REDMAGE NOW
WAN REDMAGE NOW
GIFF REDMAGE

Guess Who

Banned
Every time I have to drop WM or use Feint as a bard, or watch Repelling Shot fuck up my next cast, I have to remind myself I won't have to deal with this shit in two weeks.

I'm kinda bummed. I'm really excited for 4.0, but at the same time...It's incredibly frustrating that SE still hasn't given a response to South American players since they opened that thread in the OF 3 weeks ago, with less than 2 weeks until the Stormblood launch. Nothing changed, and if anything it got worse (310ms now without a VPN).

I know that routing issues aren't entirely in their hands, but even if it isn't possible to fix it, can't they at least reassure us that they're looking into it? I'm not going to be able to pay for a VPN sub for long, and even that's not really cutting it (what I tried reduces my latency to 180ms).

Luminaire

With the coming PVP changes, I wish FFXIV would have some sort of FC vs FC PVP, like in the good old days of Ragnarok Online. Easily my favorite part of that game.

Specify the time, put some big castles at stake and go!

According to an interview, there is supposed to be some pvp mode where it's 2 sides instead of 3, involving siege equipment. While it may not be FC related, it might scratch a bit of the itch.

Reszo

FFXI gear design was fantastic most the time.

It also allowed you to glam anything on any job, so long as you had the other job leveled.

Really?! They need to bring that back. So many pieces from other classes that could complete alot of my glams

Stuart444

I'm kinda bummed. I'm really excited for 4.0, but at the same time...It's incredibly frustrating that SE still hasn't given a response to South American players since they opened that thread in the OF 3 weeks ago, with less than 2 weeks until the Stormblood launch. Nothing changed, and if anything it got worse (310ms now without a VPN).

I know that routing issues aren't entirely in their hands, but even if it isn't possible to fix it, can't they at least reassure us that they're looking into it? I'm not going to be able to pay for a VPN sub for long, and even that's not really cutting it (what I tried reduces my latency to 180ms).

180 isn't horrible. I've been doing it on 170-180ms since the change and it's not as bad as I'd feared it would be.

LaneDS

What should I expect to pay if I want enough crafted gear to bypass the ilvl grind in the 3.x patches? I'm sitting at 190 and am debating if grinding or buying makes sense, or just waiting until there's readily available vendor gear in a few weeks and just being behind in the story for a bit.

aember

There have been some...uh...interesting political views in my novice network.
God, the shit I saw today in the novice chat today.. Just glad that a handful of helpful/fun people ended up making a linkshell, so we've got our little corner now.

The chat went from two people discussing about building an "unreal" PC with a 1080ti and the guy couldn't figure out if he wanted a monitor with or without gsync, then there were discussions about wanting girlfriends, then I finally started getting matches for PVP so I jumped out of the chat, but when I came back two people were VERY emotional about whether the "pay to skip" thing coming with the xpack is good or bad and we kept telling them to shut up and take it outside the network.

Very soon after that the linkshell was made.

I remember being curious about what goes on in the newbie channel when I last played, but now I hope I never have to see it again. :p

A friend of mine and I are really praying that they bring out a system like this to the game at some point. I'd love to roll a BLM with some fancy BLM robes and some badass armor on the limbs, give it kind of a battle mage look.

Thorgal

it really depends from server to server .

On odin most of the time i am on NC is helpfull and doing it's job explaining stuff to new sprouts .

also very little bullshit going in there and when it happens it quickly gets smacked down .

What was your latency before the server change?

iammeiam

Lastly, the gamepad-friendliness is really good and I love and appreciate that I can 100% play this with a gamepad...the learning curve is...well...I'm still learning and trying to get efficient with it. Sometimes the UI gets SUPER messy and it's hard to tell wtf is going on and it seems like I'm fighting with my controller to target what I want. But it's getting better the more I play and figure out advanced settings and tricks to setting up the game for better gamepad playing

Anyone have any gamepad pro-tips?

Tab targeting in general in the game is pretty counterintuitive on both gamepad and keyboard/mouse. Target cycling ignores proximity and just goes from left to right--even if it means jumping to people at the other side of the room instead of the guy in front of you. You can hold down L1 and scroll through the enemy list instead. Here is everything you could want about controller targeting. You can also look into enabling the L2+R2/R2+L2 expanded crossbar to give you more skill slots, but that won't be a concern until you're a little further along in the game.

Gamepad works really well for everything in the game, but getting acquainted with how targeting works and learning to position your camera to help control targeting takes some getting used to.

What should I expect to pay if I want enough crafted gear to bypass the ilvl grind in the 3.x patches? I'm sitting at 190 and am debating if grinding or buying makes sense, or just waiting until there's readily available vendor gear in a few weeks and just being behind in the story for a bit.

Super server-reliant; if you know crafters see if they can make it for you in exchange for mats. Dark horse gear option is PVPing to buy the i235 Garo gear. This would get you over the minimum iLevel and is quicker than dungeon grinding, but please don't take that gear into Savages/extreme primals because you will have 0 accuracy. For just dungeons though it'd work, and since PVP rewards tomes you could supplement the PVP with tome gear.

The vendor gear, if it follows HW pattern, will be in an area locked behind the Expansion story progress so you'd have to send somebody to get it for you.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
If you're in the GAF fc on Ultros I can make you a set.

LaneDS

Super server-reliant; if you know crafters see if they can make it for you in exchange for mats. Dark horse gear option is PVPing to buy the i235 Garo gear. This would get you over the minimum iLevel and is quicker than dungeon grinding, but please don't take that gear into Savages/extreme primals because you will have 0 accuracy. For just dungeons though it'd work, and since PVP rewards tomes you could supplement the PVP with tome gear.

The vendor gear, if it follows HW pattern, will be in an area locked behind the Expansion story progress so you'd have to send somebody to get it for you.

If you're in the GAF fc on Ultros I can make you a set.

Thank you both for the responses!

Killthee, I'm Lane Solidor in the GAF FC. Would be looking to get a set for PLD and a set for DRG for my brother, and obviously can pay you for both assuming it's not going to be like, 10 million gil which is what buying the HQ pieces appear to be on the AH for every slot (nothing non-HQ available for cheaper either, of course).

What's your character name in-game?

Killthee

Thank you both for the responses!

Killthee, I'm Lane Solidor in the GAF FC. Would be looking to get a set for PLD and a set for DRG for my brother, and obviously can pay you for both assuming it's not going to be like, 10 million gil which is what buying the HQ pieces appear to be on the AH for every slot (nothing non-HQ available for cheaper either, of course).

What's your character name in-game?
Victor strange.

I'm out of lore and gc seals, so if you want the weapons I'll need the lore and gc mats.

I can do left side minus belt gear wise. If you're poor, I only need a polarized glass for the tank head piece. If you have some gil to spend, I could use the polarized Glass, 7 clary sage per set, 7 dawnborne sands per set, and 5 Peteinosaur per set. Also shits time consuming, so I'll be crafting the mats as nq and will give the final product one chance at HQ.

You can get an ilv 235 belt and acc from pvp and then replace them with A9 gear once you can enter it. It cost 1k seals for each piece, running duty roulette frontlines (turn on the free lancer option) or winning 2 feast matches will net you 1k seals.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
^ I don't know anything about crafting, but I have 1400 lore and nothing to buy. If there are any mats I can buy and donate let me know.

DBhIQUgXcAASJKk.png
This is the ideal Lalafell. You may not like it, but this is what peak Lalafell performance looks like.

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED ALL THE UPDATES
Finally finished Heavensward and I gotta say, I feel like an idiot not realizing Yda was the monk in the Stormblood CG.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This is the ideal Lalafell. You may not like it, but this is what peak Lalafell performance looks like.

Finally finished Heavensward and I gotta say,
I feel like an idiot not realizing Yda was the monk in the Stormblood CG.
SliceSabre
Catgirls in skimpy clothes aren't sexual, it's their made up MMO culture

Yet you play a lalafell

duckroll

Buy the art books from Amazon Japan instead.

That doesn't help when I want the English lore book too. I mean, the store is terrible and I would use something else if they sold some of this shit elsewhere. I just want to know how it is normal to charge 20-36 bucks for shipping from the US to... the US. Like, what?

aember

Finally finished Heavensward and I gotta say,
I feel like an idiot not realizing Yda was the monk in the Stormblood CG.
Aaah why did I click that!? I thought you meant you finished the vanilla 3.0 content. :(

No more late night coding for me.

duckroll

I was ilvl 142, then I bought all the ilvl150 equip at Azys Lla which were actually somewhat shittier than my ilvl145 stuff, and that bumped it up to ilvl145. Kinda meh for the 100+k I spent on that. Regret it.

What would it cost me to get a full ilvl230 set from Killthee? I'm a DRG. What sort of mats do I need to provide? How do I grind for those mats. Advice! I'm just trying to find any excuse not to have to pointlessly do PotD or any painful content since I'm lvl60 now. I just wanna get through 3.x and also be able to meet the requirements to do the cool optional stuff with friends (Void Ark, Alexander, etc).

Edzi

I was ilvl 142, then I bought all the ilvl150 equip at Azys Lla which were actually somewhat shittier than my ilvl145 stuff, and that bumped it up to ilvl145. Kinda meh for the 100+k I spent on that. Regret it.

What would it cost me to get a full ilvl230 set from Killthee? I'm a DRG. What sort of mats do I need to provide? How do I grind for those mats. Advice! I'm just trying to find any excuse not to have to pointlessly do PotD or any painful content since I'm lvl60 now. I just wanna get through 3.x and also be able to meet the requirements to do the cool optional stuff with friends (Void Ark, Alexander, etc).

Ask around the free company. A kind fellow named Victor Strange crafted me some ilvl 255 gear the other day, minus a belt and accessories.

Killthee

You're new and probably poor so don't really need anything from you. Toss me a friend request in game so I can mail you some gear.

Look at my post to lane for the quickest way to get acc and belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom