• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

The official Lyrics of RISE from A12 are out and boy are they are ridiculous .
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6fdec6/confirmed_lyrics_of_rise_are_absolutely_ridiculous/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IiOzi05IlA&t=121s

Straight from the lyrics book of the new CD:

Sonic boom, rings loud from the engines
Ironclad murder gonna 'liminate the distance
Ain't no 'landers gonna take us (no)
Cold dustin' the flustered is super-cali ???? tageous
Slow down (Stop!) Takin' no hits
'Cceleratin past us. blast us. fit to transmit (son)
Son to the Father to the Maker's own way
There's a method to the metal on the metal highway (yo)
Keepin' up the pace. (What?) Keepin' with the quickness
Keep the lightning bottled, throttled, throttle to the finish x2
Movin', soothin', got nothing to prove and
Pushin' all your buttons with a button pushing blue-hand
Blue blazes, blue faces,
Blue blood, blue truth gonna see you black and blue (right)
Keepin' up the pace. (What?) Keepin' with the quickness
Keep the lightning bottled, throttled, throttle to the finish x2
Thirty thousand goblins gonna solve the goblins' problems, 'cause the
Problems of the goblins goin' rotten till they solve 'em, yeah the
Thirty thousand goblins gonna solve the goblins' problems, with a
'Splodin smashin' bashin' whackin' crackin' smackin' kind of chaos
A to the L to the E X ander
Gobbies gonna rise up, boom like thunder
Rise up and raise the iron roof off
Now, Rise up and riot 'til the bomb drops
Now, Rise up the time is right to sound off, so
Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)
Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)
Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me RISE WITH ME
Step back, the Blue's about to pull you under!

If Koji did sing this live on stage , he is a Fucking Rap God .

Thorgal

Oh I do eventually plan on being a potato RDM. It's just I want I class to take through HW to 60 at least.

But I don't want to be a healer class anymore :(

FYI Red mage job will be available as soon as you finish the last MSQ quest of 2.0 story so you could perfectly take redmag through HW .

Playing around with the RDM rotation app, I finally have a feel on how the skill flow should go

This job is gonna be fun as fuck

NeoCross

FYI Red mage job will be available as soon as you finish the last MSQ quest of 2.0 story so you could perfectly take redmag through HW .

Hmm I could do that as well. Maybe I'll just spend the remainder of my free trial until SB to take all classes to 50 I suppose and just be an RDM while completing the MSQ.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was listening to the song while reading the lyrics and got lost a good few times. Wow.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Cheers to Killthee/Victor and others in this thread for helping new or returning players get past some of that gear wall. Definitely think I can be Stormblood ready without slugging through a tome grind thanks to y'all plus having some left over PvP marks. Had no idea there was a new PvP vendor with 235 gear for minimal currency, so that was great too.

Unrelated to that, got to the 50th floor of Palace of the Dead last night and wasn't pleased to see the boss can one-shot KO the whole party if everyone is new to it and messing up mechanics... pretty harsh way to teach a lesson. Outside of that, I was a bit surprised how enjoyable that place is. Are there plans to keep PotD relevant through Stormblood?
Theres a new deep dungeon planned for Stormblood.

But I don't want to be a healer class anymore :(

The first rule of Scholar is that you don't even have to heal. The fairy is the real healer. Heck, 4.0 is going to give Scholars even more ways to delegate away their task of doing actual healing.

Please don't take this post too seriously. I'm only half-serious. =(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is there a GAF LS or some recommended linkshells? I've trimmed a couple inactive ones and am looking to replace them.
There is one run by Valor on GAF. It doesn't get used all that much though.

Squishy3

The official Lyrics of RISE from A12 are out and boy are they are ridiculous .
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6fdec6/confirmed_lyrics_of_rise_are_absolutely_ridiculous/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IiOzi05IlA&t=121s

Straight from the lyrics book of the new CD:

If Koji did sing this live on stage , he is a Fucking Rap God .
"Keep the lightning bottled, throttled, throttle to the finish x2"

I refuse to believe these are what's actually being said, considering the song has "bop bop bop" during this part, which makes no sense with throttle to the finish and would make more sense if he's saying "give him the business"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you very much for that breakdown. Appreciate that.

I read online that base game main story quests are now rewarding double exp for new players and iLevel 110 gear is rewarded from the last few story quests. Is that true? That would make getting through the base game a lot more attractive if so...

There's also the Hall of the Novice at level 15 which gives you quality gear for that level including a ring that buffs your EXP gain even further up to level 30. I seem to remember hearing that they are going to do something to buff experience until level 50 once Stormblood hits, but don't quote me on that.

The level 50 quests in patches 2.1-2.55 also give you experience now when you have Heavensward installed, which was not the case prior to HW. Presumably Heavensward's level 60 patch quests will do the same once Stormblood drops.

I've seen people get to HW endgame from fresh characters in just two weeks before, but I imagine that involves dedicating a lot of time to the game. I think it's probably possible to do in a month or two without going too crazy on the time investment.

Thorgal

"Keep the lightning bottled, throttled, throttle to the finish x2"

I refuse to believe these are what's actually being said, considering the song has "bop bop bop" during this part, which makes no sense with throttle to the finish and would make more sense if he's saying "give him the business"

it does though , i can hear it .

studyguy

"Interesting side note: Yoshida said that the build shown at the media tour is from late April, so around a whole month old by the time the info was released, and he also said a lot of other things have changed since."

Fell Cleave confirmed for 50pot, PLD only has RoH combo, MNK delet.
Please look forward to it

iammeiam

^- Yoshida: "PAY ATTENTION TO ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

also Yoshida: oh my god guys stop looking at me ;_;

Confirmed Cure II will trigger Lily with 100% chance

"Interesting side note: Yoshida said that the build shown at the media tour is from late April, so around a whole month old by the time the info was released, and he also said a lot of other things have changed since."

"Content shown is still under development and is subject to change"

This actually makes the system worse, not better. It tempts newbie heals to cure2 bomb unnecessarily, doesn't let them proc off the skills people should be using, and doesn't really deal with the base problem being lilies as designed are terrible.

The ideal use for lilies, as far as anyone can tell, is Assize. If you want to reliably be able to shave off the CD for Assize, you need to cast three Cure IIs between your last pre-Assize oGCD and Assize--you can't Tetra or Asylum in between or it eats your lilies. This will save you 12 seconds. Over the course of 5 minutes, as long as you can keep up the Cure II Cure II Cure II Assize pattern on cool down, you'll gain 1 Assize. The fifteen Cure IIs dedicated to getting you to that point eat ~18k MP. You have to dedicate fifteen GCDs to just Cure II. Assize will return you sub-2k MP, and you'll get some bonus healing and damage out of it, but the bonus healing is only useful if you have a use for AOE healing at exactly 48 seconds. And if the boss jumps anywhere in there and you're not keeping Assize on CD, the lilies (and corresponding MP to set them up) have been wasted.

Anything outside of that is playing to RNG, and as we learned in the runup to HW, RNG and the FFXIV way of handling raid damage don't work, because you have to plan everything.

Like, as a strictly side bonus that you never ever try to actually get, lilies would be fine. Mostly useless, since you plan when you're using oGCDs, but not harmful. But increasing the proc chance of a spell that should be applied situationally isn't a fix.

The build being a month old is fine if they tell us what the differences are; it's a little weird to intentionally create a media frenzy around embargo'd combat changes they've been hyping up for months and months, and then go 'lol guys don't think about it too hard that's all outdated and bad info.' Potency changes make sense, but things like the WHM situation are base design issues that don't get better with potency tweaks and so people will naturally discuss them.

It's nice to have a guarantee to get lilies, but that's just going to encourage new WHMs to spam Cure II.

Which might be an improvement from spamming Medica II, but still doesn't teach them how to actually play the class.

WOW 3.1 WAS REALLY GOOD YO.

3.5 has the best dungeons, yo.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

1320529223886.jpg

Kemal86

Is there any chance 4.0 will see Umbrite easier to come by?

I know the Lore cost was nerfed once already, but I'm just starting it now... and staring down that 9,000-12,000 Lore cost is taking the wind out of my sails. I guess I just don't have the stamina to run Gubal hard or whatever 90 times.

duckroll

Today I was planning on doing some Frontlines. Couldn't get matched into a game at all after waiting 30+ minutes twice at different times. Did MSQ stuff instead and beat 3.1 which was awesome. Got iLvl gated at the 3.2 dungeon, went to Gold Saucer instead. I've been ignoring Gold Saucer for ages, but damn I spent so much time there today just doing everything. Cactpot, all the minigames, the limited time events, Triple Triad. It's.... surprisingly fun. Even the janky ass limited events lol.

Killthee is the bestest and hooked me up with tons of equipment, so now I'm not ilvl blocked anymore! Yay!

Which reminds me, since I hear Edzi beat 3.0 yesterday, and Bebpo is on his way there, how about we start planning for a time to do stuff like Alexander which requires a bit more people?

Today I was planning on doing some Frontlines. Couldn't get matched into a game at all after waiting 30+ minutes twice at different times. Did MSQ stuff instead and beat 3.1 which was awesome. Got iLvl gated at the 3.2 dungeon, went to Gold Saucer instead. I've been ignoring Gold Saucer for ages, but damn I spent so much time there today just doing everything. Cactpot, all the minigames, the limited time events, Triple Triad. It's.... surprisingly fun. Even the janky ass limited events lol.

Gotta love when XIV tries its hand at platforming.

Is there any chance 4.0 will see Umbrite easier to come by?

I know the Lore cost was nerfed once already, but I'm just starting it now... and staring down that 9,000-12,000 Lore cost is taking the wind out of my sails. I guess I just don't have the stamina to run Gubal hard or whatever 90 times.
I wouldn't expect another Umbrite nerf

ebil

Killthee is the bestest and hooked me up with tons of equipment, so now I'm not ilvl blocked anymore! Yay!

Which reminds me, since I hear Edzi beat 3.0 yesterday, and Bebpo is on his way there, how about we start planning for a time to do stuff like Alexander which requires a bit more people?
I have no idea how active or dead Frontline is right now, but did you check the Frontline Freelancer box? It speeds up wait times considerably since it just puts you in whatever GC needs people.

edit: oh, and don't queue for them individually. I don't think anything but Fields of Glory is active. Use the roulette.

adversarial

There's something just, completely and utterly confusing about this game.

I played WoW since '04 launch until the beginning of this expansion, am not new to MMO's.

Why am I running out of quests? The "Story" quests just completely disappeared. Where can I go to find them and pick them back up?

Why can't I just search for the GAF guild and request to join without having to look every individual person up and hoping they're online to send a /w?

I'm down to 2 quests, am level 32 in a zone with level 35 mobs and the story quest I turned in, instead of popping up somewhere else, just disappeared and I have no idea where to go to continue it.

I'm level 32 and want to go DRK. Where is Ishgar? I've looked at guides that say where I need to go, but not how to get there.

Man, this is frustrating.

Qvoth

huh yoshida playing with ngc
i remember when he came to tonberry, he went inside ngc fc's house as well
they're the biggest japanese fc or something, with alienware sponsorship and weekly giveaway etc

Why am I running out of quests? The "Story" quests just completely disappeared. Where can I go to find them and pick them back up?

I'm down to 2 quests, am level 32 in a zone with level 35 mobs and the story quest I turned in, instead of popping up somewhere else, just disappeared and I have no idea where to go to continue it.

What main story quest did you just finish? (You can check your Journal if you're not sure.) Each main story quest should pick up in the same place where the last one finished, and if there's a level requirement you don't meet yet it'll show up as a red locked icon.

I'm level 32 and want to go DRK. Where is Ishgar? I've looked at guides that say where I need to go, but not how to get there.

Ishgard is inaccessible until you complete the 2.x story line and reach Heavensward. You can't access the Dark Knight job until then.

What's the cheapest place to buy stormblood for PC (non steam version)? Cdkeys seems cheapest but is it safe? Also i wish they'd let you play heavensward content beforehand if you prepurchase so you can hit max lvl

Reknoc

What's the cheapest place to buy stormblood for PC (non steam version)? Cdkeys seems cheapest but is it safe? Also i wish they'd let you play heavensward content beforehand if you prepurchase so you can hit max lvl

I've used CDKeys before and they're fine. If you still don't want to use them GMG will probably be your next best bet.

duckroll

I have no idea how active or dead Frontline is right now, but did you check the Frontline Freelancer box? It speeds up wait times considerably since it just puts you in whatever GC needs people.

edit: oh, and don't queue for them individually. I don't think anything but Fields of Glory is active. Use the roulette.

I was using the daily roulette. I tried with and without Freelancer. It just went on forever at "Forming Party" without ever progressing. I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
GMG has it for $33.
I was using the daily roulette. I tried with and without Freelancer. It just went on forever at "Forming Party" without ever progressing. I dunno what I'm doing wrong.
It's the time. It picks up in the evening PST and dies down around 2am on weekdays. You should be good without it though with the last batch of gear I sent.

wamberz1

Random kinda weird question for any warrior players out there:

Do you foresee Inner Release becoming a "Use for Fell Cleave burst ONLY" button? It has a badass animation and a cool concept, but ... I dunno. Don't get me wrong, Octacleave is really cool, but the idea of this really neat new ability being essentially turned into the "fell cleave number increaser" sounds like it would get really boring really fast. It seems like a situation where the community will say "If your not using Inner release for Fell Cleaves, you're not using it correctly" and that just seems really uninteresting to me. I'd rather try and use it to freestyle whatever is needed at the time.

Sorry for the really weird question.

Queues are probably dead until 4.0 then. RIP. :(

I've been able to get into Frontlines pretty consistently, but I've been trying more on weekends and weekday evenings US time. It's probably difficult to get into a match during mornings and middays when there aren't so many people available on the server.

scy

Random kinda weird question for any warrior players out there:

Do you foresee Inner Release becoming a "Use for Fell Cleave burst ONLY" button? It has a badass animation and a cool concept, but ... I dunno. Don't get me wrong, Octacleave is really cool, but the idea of this really neat new ability being essentially turned into the "fell cleave number increaser" sounds like it would get really boring really fast. It seems like a situation where the community will say "If your not using Inner release for Fell Cleaves, you're not using it correctly" and that just seems really uninteresting to me. I'd rather try and use it to freestyle whatever is needed at the time.

Sorry for the really weird question.

I mean ... what else is there to use it on? It's Deliverance only barring a use and swap (and eat the meter penalty). It's either to generate more Fell Cleaves / Decimates or that's basically it.

duckroll

It's the time. It picks up in the evening PST and dies down around 2am on weekdays. You should be good without it though with the last batch of gear I sent.

Yeah that's probably the big issue. I can probably just survive with doing it on weekends. Just need enough for Garo gear collection. Don't wanna miss out on that for the glamour at least.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
After one hour after duckroll went off I queued for about 9m without freelancer and got a pop, so they're not that dead; definitely longer queues than there used to be though.

duckroll

After one hour after duckroll went off I queued for about 9m without freelancer and got a pop, so they're not that dead; definitely longer queues than there used to be though.

People were queuing earlier while I was waiting too, and they said it took them 5 mins or something. I'm trying to find out if there's a problem on my end!

Squishy3

People were queuing earlier while I was waiting too, and they said it took them 5 mins or something. I'm trying to find out if there's a problem on my end!
Check your language settings in the Duty Finder menu, maybe? If you're queuing with all of them checked, there's a separate queue for each language option, so if you have all of them checked you can get stuck in say, a queue for the Japanese language on a NA server.

They used this in one of the live letters and I assumed it'd be the dungeon boss theme or the FATE boss theme.

Now, the question is, will the dungeons on the Gyr Abania side have different boss music? Since the leitmotif is in there and it's the Othard leitmotif since it's in the Kugane theme and when they're in Kugane in the CG trailer.

also this rip is bad crackles all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom