• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Lala race is best race.

ffxiv_dx112017-06-052bsuvj.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lala can be king of the landfill because they belong with the rest of the trash

aceface

oh we do that too.

Why do you think Lallafels like
Lolorito
are the richest people in this game ?

Indeed. It's not just plot Lalas either. I'm convinced that Sosul, Xtech, and Victor control the Ultros economy. There's a reason the guy can give away sets of crafted gear.

B.K.

I'm on the last rune of my Anima weapon. I would have finished it in the last group I was with, but I had to go out a bit for work. Hopefully I can finish light tonight and start the Lux step tomorrow.

So I finally started this game (trial) on Saturday night and am part of the Seventh Scion group now, at level 21 I think. I went with pugilist since someone said that Monks will share gear with Samurai not that I'll have anything good at level 50 anyway most likely haha Still, it's training for melee dps even if SAM will control differently. I'm used to playing a mage (elementalist) in the GW games so this should be a nice change of pace for me. The only issue I've had with controls is targeting between enemies, I had some frustrating encounters where I'd select an enemy and after one attack, it'd revert to a different target. I finally figured out that if I hit x on the target I want once it's already highlighted, it will hard lock it so hopefully I won't have that problem again. I'm not too crazy about having to hold down the trigger buttons for attacks but it's not too bad and a worthwhile compromise to be able to play with a controller.

The game is running great on my PS4 (standard) I don't believe I've experienced any lag at all though I do have my PS4 connected directly to my router. The game looks nice and it's lovely running around to FF music. So far the game is very easy, most likely due to mostly focusing on story quests so I'm always an appropriate level or more likely, a couple above whatever foes I'm facing but this isn't a complaint for me, I'm playing for the story, not for a challenge. The story thus far is indeed full of hum drum tasks but fortunately I already read that this would be the case for much of ARR but if I could get to the end, some great story awaits me. It sounds like that's referring more to the expansion but I do always enjoy when an FF game has a focus on Espers in it's story. I look forward to battling the Primals some day! I wasn't a fan of having to match up with others for dungeons to progress the story as it really delays my progress. I know to expect long queues as a DPS and am ok with that when I eventually run dungeons for loot but I don't need to sit and wait for 20 minutes or more just to continue a level 15 story mission ;p The loot system in dungeons was interesting and it's cool to have an objective instead of simply running to the end. I didn't have a chance to read the pop up tutorials because everyone just ran off right away so opening the first chest was interesting ha I dug up the tutorials after finishing my first dungeon so I was good for the other two in that section of the story.

Besides the main story I've focused on the pugilist quests and am guessing I only have two more left since I can't do the next until level 25 so I imagine after that I'll have to wait until level 30 at which point I'll become a Monk. I believe there's Monk quests though. I did a couple of the dance sidequests which were kind of funny and the ones for the Golden Saucer. I'm glad I noticed this quest since apparently it's a seasonal one and getting 30k GMP? seems like a big deal but maybe that's just because I haven't played anything yet. Speaking of which...O...M....G.... TRIPLE FUCKING TRIAD!!!!!!!!!! The GOAT minigame from my favorite game of all time :D I better stay the hell away from it for a while or I'll never get anywhere in the story :p Apparently I can play human opponents too :D I can't wait to test that out and see how the rules are decided but man could I sink some hours into that. I must stay strong and focus on pressing forward with the story!

Considering the game will only get better when I unlock jobs and have access to other content, I think it's safe to say I enjoy this game enough to pay for a sub. Especially since the story will improve. It's too bad I'm so far behind that by the time I get to SB it will be old news to you guys haha At least I'll be able to get advice. Much of what I see in this thread is still an alien language to me like lilly and ilvl equipment and just the various types of equipment in general. I'm guessing that will come into play once I hit level 50. I figure I might as well wait until I hit level 35 before I start my sub but that's quickly approaching :) I need to join the GAF FC but I think someone said I can't in the free trial so I'll make sure to post in here when I need an officer after subbing.

Oh, how do I repair my armor and accessories? Do I have to join the relevant guilds? How many guilds can you join at once? Also, can I just pay an NPC to repair it? In which case I assume the higher level the gear the more pricey it is.

P.S. Minfillia is waifu <3

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Day 4: played some FFXIV before work today and got to level 25. Joined a Grand Company and started working on doing GC Leves to get my first mount woo!

How else can I get Grand Company currency (forget what they're called)? Cause I ran out out Leve allowances.

Also, is there no Controller Sensitivity (not turn speed or camera speed) option on the PS4 version to adjust deadzone? It's a setting in the PC version but for the life of my i couldn't find the same option in the PS4 version, weird.
Fates should now give you seals. Also not sure if you have to rank up before you unlock turn ins, but the gc npc next to the gc vendor takes in colored dungeon gear and pays out in gc seals. He also has a list of crafted and gathered stuff that he wants and will pay you with xp and seals if you turn it in to him.

CLBridges

Already put in a leave day for Friday, 6/16. Gonna probably play more than what's considered healthy lol. It's all good though, FFXIV expansion zerg weekend only comes once every two years, I'm ready.

Luminaire

Already put in a leave day for Friday, 6/16. Gonna probably play more than what's considered healthy lol. It's all good though, FFXIV expansion zerg weekend only comes once every two years, I'm ready.
Took a few days off myself because I'm capped on vacation hours. Make sure to water up!

Oh, how do I repair my armor and accessories? Do I have to join the relevant guilds? How many guilds can you join at once? Also, can I just pay an NPC to repair it? In which case I assume the higher level the gear the more pricey it is.

There are "mender" NPCs around town and camps. Just look for the little hammer icon on your map. In the three big towns they're are always in the market areas with all the various vendors.

I typically just skipped cutcscenes in ARR. But I watched all the stuff bridging ARR to Heavensward cause that stuff actually starts to get interesting. The random visions from the crystal is just boring storytelling to me. They just come and go when its efficient and no one really gains any real knowledge from it. Heavensward is way less deus ex crystal visiony.

Thorgal

So I finally started this game (trial) on Saturday night and am part of the Seventh Scion group now, at level 21 I think. I went with pugilist since someone said that Monks will share gear with Samurai not that I'll have anything good at level 50 anyway most likely haha Still, it's training for melee dps even if SAM will control differently. I'm used to playing a mage (elementalist) in the GW games so this should be a nice change of pace for me. The only issue I've had with controls is targeting between enemies, I had some frustrating encounters where I'd select an enemy and after one attack, it'd revert to a different target. I finally figured out that if I hit x on the target I want once it's already highlighted, it will hard lock it so hopefully I won't have that problem again. I'm not too crazy about having to hold down the trigger buttons for attacks but it's not too bad and a worthwhile compromise to be able to play with a controller.

The game is running great on my PS4 (standard) I don't believe I've experienced any lag at all though I do have my PS4 connected directly to my router. The game looks nice and it's lovely running around to FF music. So far the game is very easy, most likely due to mostly focusing on story quests so I'm always an appropriate level or more likely, a couple above whatever foes I'm facing but this isn't a complaint for me, I'm playing for the story, not for a challenge. The story thus far is indeed full of hum drum tasks but fortunately I already read that this would be the case for much of ARR but if I could get to the end, some great story awaits me. It sounds like that's referring more to the expansion but I do always enjoy when an FF game has a focus on Espers in it's story. I look forward to battling the Primals some day! I wasn't a fan of having to match up with others for dungeons to progress the story as it really delays my progress. I know to expect long queues as a DPS and am ok with that when I eventually run dungeons for loot but I don't need to sit and wait for 20 minutes or more just to continue a level 15 story mission ;p The loot system in dungeons was interesting and it's cool to have an objective instead of simply running to the end. I didn't have a chance to read the pop up tutorials because everyone just ran off right away so opening the first chest was interesting ha I dug up the tutorials after finishing my first dungeon so I was good for the other two in that section of the story.

Besides the main story I've focused on the pugilist quests and am guessing I only have two more left since I can't do the next until level 25 so I imagine after that I'll have to wait until level 30 at which point I'll become a Monk. I believe there's Monk quests though. I did a couple of the dance sidequests which were kind of funny and the ones for the Golden Saucer. I'm glad I noticed this quest since apparently it's a seasonal one and getting 30k GMP? seems like a big deal but maybe that's just because I haven't played anything yet. Speaking of which...O...M....G.... TRIPLE FUCKING TRIAD!!!!!!!!!! The GOAT minigame from my favorite game of all time :D I better stay the hell away from it for a while or I'll never get anywhere in the story :p Apparently I can play human opponents too :D I can't wait to test that out and see how the rules are decided but man could I sink some hours into that. I must stay strong and focus on pressing forward with the story!

Considering the game will only get better when I unlock jobs and have access to other content, I think it's safe to say I enjoy this game enough to pay for a sub. Especially since the story will improve. It's too bad I'm so far behind that by the time I get to SB it will be old news to you guys haha At least I'll be able to get advice. Much of what I see in this thread is still an alien language to me like lilly and ilvl equipment and just the various types of equipment in general. I'm guessing that will come into play once I hit level 50. I figure I might as well wait until I hit level 35 before I start my sub but that's quickly approaching :) I need to join the GAF FC but I think someone said I can't in the free trial so I'll make sure to post in here when I need an officer after subbing.

glad you enjoy it

Ilvl ( item level ) is the level of your armor and weapons ( you can see it on every item you are wearing .

in the character menu above your character picture you will see the item level that your character has which is derived from all the gear you are currently wearing .

generally if the lvel is higher then what you are currently have it will be better ( this might not be entirely true at endgame but since you have started don't worry about it for now )

You can repair your gear at every NPC with a " Mender title above his head ( these are also usually shopkeepers named outfitter and Mender .

crafter classes can repair their own gear themselves for free but the fee at NPC 's to repair your gear is so low even at endgame is so low you won't have to bother with that )

Also be sure to keep doing your Job quests every 5 levels . not only to get the Monk job crystal but also to get Vital monk skills .

If you have any other questions , ask away here or ingame on the GAF server .

PS, i am not on the Gaf server myself .

Valonquar

Don't forget to fill up on completed lvl 58 leves / large scale leves now, so they have time to refil before the 16th! Turn em in after Stormblood drops for the extra lil xp boost to start off with!

rezn0r

FFXI gear design was fantastic most the time.

It also allowed you to glam anything on any job, so long as you had the other job leveled.

Example: If you had Samurai leveled, you could glam Samurai armor on Summoner.

wtf, when did they add this? sounds awesome. i basically stopped playing after the cap hit 90, so i probably missed a whole lot. i really miss XI but don't have the time to really get into MMOs now (still sub to 14 because why not)

Xux

Don't forget to fill up on completed lvl 58 leves / large scale leves now, so they have time to refil before the 16th! Turn em in after Stormblood drops for the extra lil xp boost to start off with!
Oh, boy. People are actually gonna do this, aren't they?
I'm actually gonna do this, aren't I.

Squishy3

Probably a good idea to complete Vanu and Vath beast tribes before maintenance and not turn them in as well. If you turn them in before daily reset (11 am Eastern) you can do them again for more EXP, as well. Probably won't scale the EXP past 60, but low-effort EXP is EXP regardless. :p

Luminaire

Probably a good idea to complete Vanu and Vath beast tribes before maintenance and not turn them in as well. If you turn them in before daily reset (11 am Eastern) you can do them again for more EXP, as well. Probably won't scale the EXP past 60, but low-effort EXP is EXP regardless. :p

Just keep in mind you have to turn it in on the quest you started/completed it on, if I remember right.

There are "mender" NPCs around town and camps. Just look for the little hammer icon on your map. In the three big towns they're are always in the market areas with all the various vendors.

I typically just skipped cutcscenes in ARR. But I watched all the stuff bridging ARR to Heavensward cause that stuff actually starts to get interesting. The random visions from the crystal is just boring storytelling to me. They just come and go when its efficient and no one really gains any real knowledge from it. Heavensward is way less deus ex crystal visiony.
Thanks! I so seldom go to the merchants I had forgotten about that. Since I get better gear from the story missions I really only go to sell stuff when my inventory gets pretty full. I really look forward to the story kicking into next gear.
glad you enjoy it

Ilvl ( item level ) is the level of your armor and weapons ( you can see it on every item you are wearing .

in the character menu above your character picture you will see the item level that your character has which is derived from all the gear you are currently wearing .

generally if the lvel is higher then what you are currently have it will be better ( this might not be entirely true at endgame but since you have started don't worry about it for now )

You can repair your gear at every NPC with a " Mender title above his head ( these are also usually shopkeepers named outfitter and Mender .

crafter classes can repair their own gear themselves for free but the fee at NPC 's to repair your gear is so low even at endgame is so low you won't have to bother with that )

Also be sure to keep doing your Job quests every 5 levels . not only to get the Monk job crystal but also to get Vital monk skills .

If you have any other questions , ask away here or ingame on the GAF server .

PS, i am not on the Gaf server myself .

So the iLvl is the level of all your gear combined? or the average? It will probably make more sense when I look at the screen after reading what you said. I'll check it out when I log on a bit later tonight. I noticed there was a level for the gear and your level has to be equal to equip it but didn't notice an iLvl so I'll look for it. How do you get your iLvl higher? It can't be just the averages of your gear because I've seen people in here mention iLvl two hundred something and you can only go up to level 60 right now so gear can only go that high too which means there's another factor I'm missing.

Thanks for the tip on repairs, good to know it always remains trivially cheap.

Thanks, I'll be asking plenty of questions here no doubt haha Here's one, is there not an in-game voice chat? I have a headset for my PS4 and was wondering if there's party chat or if there isn't voice for the game so you'd have to use PSN party which means no dice for those on PC.

Basoes

Any place to buy heavensward on the super cheap (PC) so I can hit max lvl before stormblood? I only have the base game (non steam)

stormblood comes with hw so buy it and you can play both on the 16th, you won't be able to hit cap before then but you'll save a good $20-$30

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well I just bought Stormblood on Greenmangaming (actually about $1 cheaper than Amazon with prime discount due to tax difference)

fuck you guys

Squishy3

Well I just bought Stormblood on Greenmangaming (actually about $1 cheaper than Amazon with prime discount due to tax difference)

fuck you guys
Storm of blood
Born from blood
Of our fallen brothers
Borne upon our hands
Cradled in our arms
Swelling in our hearts
Raise your weary head
Heed the call to arms
Ringing in your heart
Loyalty!
Unity!
Liberty!

welcome to the stormblood hype train

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks! I so seldom go to the merchants I had forgotten about that. Since I get better gear from the story missions I really only go to sell stuff when my inventory gets pretty full. I really look forward to the story kicking into next gear.

So the iLvl is the level of all your gear combined? or the average? It will probably make more sense when I look at the screen after reading what you said. I'll check it out when I log on a bit later tonight. I noticed there was a level for the gear and your level has to be equal to equip it but didn't notice an iLvl so I'll look for it. How do you get your iLvl higher? It can't be just the averages of your gear because I've seen people in here mention iLvl two hundred something and you can only go up to level 60 right now so gear can only go that high too which means there's another factor I'm missing.

Thanks for the tip on repairs, good to know it always remains trivially cheap.

Thanks, I'll be asking plenty of questions here no doubt haha Here's one, is there not an in-game voice chat? I have a headset for my PS4 and was wondering if there's party chat or if there isn't voice for the game so you'd have to use PSN party which means no dice for those on PC.
Average of all your gear. It’s what’s used at lv cap to continue progression. if you’ve ever played Destiny, ilv is your Light lv. Lv 50 gear caps at around ilv 130 and lv 60 gear caps at 270.

ilv doesn’t really come into play until you’ve reached a lv cap (50 for ARR stuff, 60 for HW, etc...) so I wouldnt worry about it right now if I were you. Also as a heads up if you’re away from the game, you can check your ilv for the class you logged of as on lodestone.

There’s no built in voice chat in game. Think most places use discord for it, there’s apps for it on the app stores. If you’re in the Ultros GAF fc, the message that pops on when you log in has our discord link.

Anoregon

It's also the "resub and get a job to 60 this week" train. I got summoner at 52, so that shouldn't be too bad.

Wait, don't you have to finish them on the job you started them on?

I thought of something: I could complete all my remaining HW sidequests (I had quite a few from 56-59) and reclaim the exp for my SAM.

Not sure, if it would be faster than PoTD, but I could save maybe a couple of runs with luck.

aka_bueno

Fates should now give you seals. Also not sure if you have to rank up before you unlock turn ins, but the gc npc next to the gc vendor takes in colored dungeon gear and pays out in gc seals. He also has a list of crafted and gathered stuff that he wants and will pay you with xp and seals if you turn it in to him.

Fates it is then until I get more leve allowance, gonna focus on that til I get my first Chocobo. Should make traveling so much better after.

I haven't even touched crafting yet, any advice there? Should I wait til later? Just trying to focus on leveling first, but if crafting will help with that...

Edit: btw thanks again to all that answer my (and others) newbie questions. There's a lot of us jumping into this in anticipation of SB so you all have probably noticed a big uptick in noob questions and stuff and I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying we appreciate the tips and guidance!

Also, super sweet to see such activity in here. The Morrowind ESO thread only has like a handful of replies per day it was kinda disheartening. But this one, way more activity and excitement going on up in here

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That's a really good idea. You can accept them all in Ishgard, right?

Stuart444

I just remembered that I have yet to do Hildy for 3.x. guess I'll get started on that soon. Get it done before SB.

I hope they do trials for Hildy 4.x

Omnicent

Just finished my last bit of prep for leveling my SAM. Have about 20 Lv.59 quests stocked for immediate turn in (43k+ each, so saving those to turn in at lv.60).

The days are starting to feel longer the closer we get to next week.
Also, does anyone know if scripture's will be removed and items shifted to using poetics at launch?
If so do we know if there will be trade/swap for Rowena's Tokens (I have saved up 10 extra poetic ones along with scripture to be on the safe side)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom