• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random kinda weird question for any warrior players out there:

Do you foresee Inner Release becoming a "Use for Fell Cleave burst ONLY" button? It has a badass animation and a cool concept, but ... I dunno. Don't get me wrong, Octacleave is really cool, but the idea of this really neat new ability being essentially turned into the "fell cleave number increaser" sounds like it would get really boring really fast. It seems like a situation where the community will say "If your not using Inner release for Fell Cleaves, you're not using it correctly" and that just seems really uninteresting to me. I'd rather try and use it to freestyle whatever is needed at the time.

Sorry for the really weird question.
The whole point of Inner Release is to get more skills with Beast costs out, if you don't want to use it on Fell Cleaves what are you expecting to use it on? Inner Beast spam? lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yeah that's probably the big issue. I can probably just survive with doing it on weekends. Just need enough for Garo gear collection. Don't wanna miss out on that for the glamour at least.
There's a version of the set sold in the gold saucer if you still can't get in during weekends. Can't dye it like the pvp set, but it's better than nothing.

dramatis

This actually makes the system worse, not better. It tempts newbie heals to cure2 bomb unnecessarily, doesn't let them proc off the skills people should be using, and doesn't really deal with the base problem being lilies as designed are terrible.
The obvious solution is to make Lily proc 100% of the time on Cure III, with every person it hits getting 100% Confession stack+1

Then there will only be one job the ranged people can give their MP regen to

duckroll

There's a version of the set sold in the gold saucer if you still can't get in during weekends. Can't dye it like the pvp set, but it's better than nothing.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. If I'm only going to glamour it later on since Stormblood equip will be way better, I could settle for that if PvP doesn't work out.

Thorgal

dungeon boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fw_MTFyTfA
p0QHO.gif

Soken ,the mad genius does it again .

aceface

Rise is the worst primal song Soken has composed and it's really not even close. I don't even mind the music in the first half of A12S either and the little ditty that plays during Stasis is fun too.

Rise is second worst for me. Infinity is the worst because I can't even recall what it sounds like.

I can sort of hear it in my head.

It's not offensively bad.

Rise has its moments. I love when the chorus hits. I can't help but get pumped.

But how can people least favorite not be Leviathan. It's literally just repeating.

Luminaire

There's something just, completely and utterly confusing about this game.

I played WoW since '04 launch until the beginning of this expansion, am not new to MMO's.

Why am I running out of quests? The "Story" quests just completely disappeared. Where can I go to find them and pick them back up?

Why can't I just search for the GAF guild and request to join without having to look every individual person up and hoping they're online to send a /w?

I'm down to 2 quests, am level 32 in a zone with level 35 mobs and the story quest I turned in, instead of popping up somewhere else, just disappeared and I have no idea where to go to continue it.

I'm level 32 and want to go DRK. Where is Ishgar? I've looked at guides that say where I need to go, but not how to get there.

Man, this is frustrating.

Story quests are often gated by level. You shouldn't be running out of quests however. There are tons of side quests at your level which should give comparable EXP. try running a dungeon or two for a level.

Do you know the name of the last quest you did?

Squishy3

Rise is the worst primal song Soken has composed and it's really not even close. I don't even mind the music in the first half of A12S either and the little ditty that plays during Stasis is fun too.
But Zurvan's theme exists.

it's not bad it just doesn't do anything for me and is insanely grating because each phase is only like a minute long before looping

yami4ct

Duckroll, get excited for 3.3 because it's an amazing finish.

3.3 is my favorite piece of content in the game. Full stop. Did love, 3.1-3.2 and 3.4, They were better than ARR patches, but not really super great for me. 3.3 and 3.5, though are so damn great.

Havensward+3.x Patches in general SPOILERS :
The Aetherochemical Research Facility Theme is one of the best and it is a crime this theme isn't used elsewhere in the game. I realize the theme is perfect for this part of the story but MAN it is so good.

ubercheez

All right, so I finally managed to get a Garo title, but I didn't realize how much extra time investment there was on top of that to get the mounts. Will I still be able to work toward them in SB or will those rewards become unavailable?

suzu

All right, so I finally managed to get a Garo title, but I didn't realize how much extra time investment there was on top of that to get the mounts. Will I still be able to work toward them in SB or will those rewards become unavailable?

I don't think they've announced an end date for Garo yet.

iirc there is no hard cut off time for the Garo stuff.

studyguy

Real talk, anything is better than 1.0 era Ifirit primal theme stuff.

I remember when Soken first was teasing Garuda's theme on his SE music blog. It's been great since.

Whatever your opinion is of themes, Ifirit's is the absolute worst since it's completely forgettable.

Yam's

It took me 3 days to get all 3 mounts when Garo launched, but that was with real short queues. The hardest part will be to get inside now. Hopefully SB will bring some neat gear to bring back old pvpers to pvp.

Foxxsoxx

Why is the female gear in this game so much better then the male gear.

WHYYYYYYY! I swear SE tryin to make me a loli.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

There's quite a leap between "they're making me want to play a female" and "I have to make a loli"

Just make a fem roe and max everything.

Foxxsoxx

There's quite a leap between "they're making me want to play a female" and "I have to make a loli"

Just make a fem roe and max everything.

Nah I just need to hold out for Sam and RM. Their sets are identical and look excellent, specifically RM.

The BRD/MCH and caster sets are way better on females though. It's the shorts. :p

aka_bueno

Day 4: played some FFXIV before work today and got to level 25. Joined a Grand Company and started working on doing GC Leves to get my first mount woo!

How else can I get Grand Company currency (forget what they're called)? Cause I ran out out Leve allowances.

Also, is there no Controller Sensitivity (not turn speed or camera speed) option on the PS4 version to adjust deadzone? It's a setting in the PC version but for the life of my i couldn't find the same option in the PS4 version, weird.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Nah I just need to hold out for Sam and RM. Their sets are identical and look excellent, specifically RM.

The BRD/MCH and caster sets are way better on females though. It's the shorts. :p
Yeah well, make a fem roe and max everything anyways.

Squishy3

Havensward+3.x Patches in general SPOILERS :
The Aetherochemical Research Facility Theme is one of the best and it is a crime this theme isn't used elsewhere in the game. I realize the theme is perfect for this part of the story but MAN it is so good.
All of HW spoilers
Well, it's just using arrangements from the CG for Heavensward which end up making their way into both Final Steps of Faith and the new dungeon boss track added in 3.4. :p)

Clipse

Yup. Currently deciding on what to main between PLD, DRK, AST and BRD when SB drops. Will definitely go back to female if I go with AST or BRD

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I played fem roe until my husband said I looked like a drag queen. Went back to male roe.

Hey there are some fierce looking drag queens out there. That being said, nothing wrong with a fit girl with some (or a lot) of muscle on her. I thought the reaction to femroe was generally positive when they were first introduced too? Are they considered uggo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom