• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
At first I thought it was just Alphinaud, but I guess they recast everyone in Heavensward? The VO is way better so I can see why they did it but it is a bit jarring since I've played this all back to back.

Yeah same happened to me, but you get used to the new voices very quickly.

Just do a daily dungeon roulette once a day.

If you don't you will find you will have to grind the last few levels at the very end which is not fun or like in your case the story levels go up faster than you.
Oh snap, I'll make sure to do that each day, thanks! How much xp does it give each day? Can I enter a dungeon for it from anywhere presumably since it's random?
- Reviving is for healers, yes.

- The manor was a good dungeon. I loved it too. Lots of good stuff ahead, but more so in post-2.0. Sounds like you'll appreciate it.

- To get lots of exp at your point of the game I would recommend looking into leves and the daily duty roulette (leveling). The former are quicker localized quests you can pick up at various townships around the world which allow you to repeat the available quests randomly every day. The latter queues you into a random dungeon you have already completely to help fill parties for other players and you get a bonus exp boost for doing it once a day.

- The other option is to look into Palace of the Dead but I don't want to be the one explaining how that clusterfuck works. It's basically a Diablo mini-game in the XIV engine.

Whaaa not everyone can revive on normal field screens? That makes it pretty unlikely you'll get rezzed unless there's a zerg around you I guess. In GW2 anyone can just run up to a body and use a context command, doesn't cost any MP nor have a cooldown, just takes a little time to complete the rez.

Wohoo! Looking forward to it!

I've seen leve quest givers but when I talk to them it'll only be worth like 3k...is there something else to it? I'll definitely do the random roulette each day now and that was a smart way to implement things to give new players like myself help when reaching an old story dungeon. I believe I can only reach level 10 in PotD with the free trial and I'm guessing it won't be worthwhile if I can only go that deep? I'll be susbribing soon though, I'm just letting myself hit the cap first because I have a good friend visiting from Japan next week and that weekend I'll be heading out of town for fathers day so I basically just had last and this week to play this game before SB hits which made the trial ideal. I'll start the sub up once I'm back and my buddy leaves.

From what I've read online, apparently the fastest way to level up by far is Fate farming? There are youtube vids of specific sections on the map depending on your level. I guess people use this for leveling alts. It looks like at my level I could go to Costa del sol and try to find a zerg to run with. I wonder how easy it'll be to find a group doing that in this game. In GW2 I can just use the LFG and find one in progress.

If the game didn't decide to jump the msq two levels I'd be fine! I leveled to 29 just as I finished the last 28 quest so it would have been perfect if this next one was 29 instead of 30. Oh well. Titan is in the name of the next quest so I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, hopefully a trial is waiting for me after the string of quests surrounding it.

Also, went back to that bandit camp to plant the dummy and only being one level behind them at the time made a huge difference. I was able to sneak up to the spot and kill the two unavoidable guards with ease. As expected, I'll have to wait until level 30 for the next quest so need the one more level up for both quest lines..

jtan

So how quick is support for the game? Sent in a ticket and wondering how long they'll take to get back.

Finally done with school so decided to pre-order Stormblood for ps4. Decided to see if I could play the trial version before it came, but once I installed it and tried to log in I noticed that a username was already on it. Turns out it was from when the beta came out in 2014.

Have you guys had any issues like this? I tried to do forgot password, but it doesn't recognize the email that was tied to that account.(I also found the old email from 2014 confirming that I had created the account).

T_T

So how quick is support for the game? Sent in a ticket and wondering how long they'll take to get back.

Stick with chat support if you want to get the problem resolved. SE's ticket support system is worthless.

Chat support hours will be extended up until the 25th of June.
ex.PNG

neoemonk

I didn't log in for a while and I lost my house. I have enough money for a new one, but I'm wondering if I should wait for Stormblood. I know they said it would be a little while until land was available.

aka_bueno

I hadn't noticed a hint of lag once in this game til I did my first Deep Dungeon run last night and it was laggy as fuuuuuck. Like rubberbanding either by me or everywone else and random stuttering. It was a mess. Chalked it up to a one time thing, but the next one too was almost as bad.

Up until that point I've done numerous dungeons and roulette stuff as well as all the leveling and questing up until last night and not a hint of lag. But this deep dungeon...yikes. Is this normal for this server?

I'll try it it again today after work, I hope it was just a one time thing

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Finally done with school so decided to pre-order Stormblood for ps4. Decided to see if I could play the trial version before it came, but once I installed it and tried to log in I noticed that a username was already on it. Turns out it was from when the beta came out in 2014.

Have you guys had any issues like this? I tried to do forgot password, but it doesn't recognize the email that was tied to that account.(I also found the old email from 2014 confirming that I had created the account).

T_T
Email address field is case sensitive so if you have the original account creation email double check the "To" field and see if there's any capitalization there.

The PS4 software keyboard automatically capitalizes the first letter and the first letter after a period so you could end up with something like this on their system: Email@address.Com

[PlayStation®4] A notice to PlayStation®4 users needing their Square Enix Account Password

The ID (or email address) field in the Square Enix Account Management system is case sensitive. It's possible during registration, the virtual keyboard auto-capitalized a word after a period. For example, your email might have been registered as "Yourname@email.Com" or "yourname@email.Com" (with the "Y" or "C" capitalized). Please try entering your email address in these formats if it is not being accepted.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=70337&ret=main

brinstar

Oh snap, I'll make sure to do that each day, thanks! How much xp does it give each day? Can I enter a dungeon for it from anywhere presumably since it's random?

Whaaa not everyone can revive on normal field screens? That makes it pretty unlikely you'll get rezzed unless there's a zerg around you I guess. In GW2 anyone can just run up to a body and use a context command, doesn't cost any MP nor have a cooldown, just takes a little time to complete the rez.

Wohoo! Looking forward to it!

I've seen leve quest givers but when I talk to them it'll only be worth like 3k...is there something else to it? I'll definitely do the random roulette each day now and that was a smart way to implement things to give new players like myself help when reaching an old story dungeon. I believe I can only reach level 10 in PotD with the free trial and I'm guessing it won't be worthwhile if I can only go that deep? I'll be susbribing soon though, I'm just letting myself hit the cap first because I have a good friend visiting from Japan next week and that weekend I'll be heading out of town for fathers day so I basically just had last and this week to play this game before SB hits which made the trial ideal. I'll start the sub up once I'm back and my buddy leaves.

From what I've read online, apparently the fastest way to level up by far is Fate farming? There are youtube vids of specific sections on the map depending on your level. I guess people use this for leveling alts. It looks like at my level I could go to Costa del sol and try to find a zerg to run with. I wonder how easy it'll be to find a group doing that in this game. In GW2 I can just use the LFG and find one in progress.

If the game didn't decide to jump the msq two levels I'd be fine! I leveled to 29 just as I finished the last 28 quest so it would have been perfect if this next one was 29 instead of 30. Oh well. Titan is in the name of the next quest so I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, hopefully a trial is waiting for me after the string of quests surrounding it.

Also, went back to that bandit camp to plant the dummy and only being one level behind them at the time made a huge difference. I was able to sneak up to the spot and kill the two unavoidable guards with ease. As expected, I'll have to wait until level 30 for the next quest so need the one more level up for both quest lines..

I think palace of the dead gives the most EXP now. I haven't seen players farming FATEs in a while. As your stage though just do a daily roulette and you'll probably get enough from that to level up.

For those following:

Wife and I just did our first dungeon (Sastasha). I used duty finder and got paired up with 2 players who broke down boss mechanics and the like for us. Definitely gave me more of a feeling I've been looking for since starting. FF11 vibes for sure. Wife had a blast and since everyone was on their alts they gave her all the loot. Most enjoyable part of the game so far!

Edzi

For those following:

Wife and I just did our first dungeon (Sastasha). I used duty finder and got paired up with 2 players who broke down boss mechanics and the like for us. Definitely gave me more of a feeling I've been looking for since starting. FF11 vibes for sure. Wife had a blast and since everyone was on their alts they gave her all the loot. Most enjoyable part of the game so far!

If you liked that, then you're set. That's basically the entire game.

Luminaire

For those following:

Awesome! Hope you enjoy the next dungeons. Tam Tara has a boss you'll recognize from FF1.

For those following:

Eventually you'll unlock a function on the Duty Finder called Roulette. It will randomly put you into one of the dungeons you have unlocked, but for a bonus to XP. You can queue for that together just like you did for Sastasha. You can only get the roulette bonus once a day. It's a nice way to supplement your leveling if you need it.

I believe he's referring to the issue in the launcher, of which there are potential solutions at the bottom of the OP for this thread.

also leveling blm and didn't think i'd enjoy black mage this much

latest

it could also appear in the message center on your amazon account instead of through an email, so maybe check in there. if it hasn't arrived by tomorrow try going to chat support

I like this one better, although it might fit 5.0 Black Mage more (Boku no Hero Academia spoilers).

Just reapplied to the GAF FC. Character name Hawke. Gonna try and stick with this expac but who knows.

Kinda just jumped in leveling an AST in PoTD and realized I actually need gear to finish MSQ. Not sure if I'll have time but I'm gonna start with RDM anyway so if I don't finish 3.x in time no big deal.

Just chillin trying to gear up and relearn bard before I have to relearn it again come xpac

So it turns out you only need +13/+13 aetherpool to get into floor 51-60. After that you get a lot of upgrades really quickly.

I have Dragoon right up to 54 right now so I might finish that and possibly Astrologian.

It really isn't that bad on this set of floors if you only kill what's needed then head immediately to the portal.

B.K.

How long does it take to get the early access code from Amazon? I preordered last night and don't have it yet. Do they email it to me or is it somewhere on the site?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Finally stopped being lazy and wrapped up the 3.x stuff with heavensward last night. Second to last cutscene was pretty cool. Im glad I somehow stayed blind to that even happening xD

Aeana

I have Heavensward on PC, but only the base game on PS4.

If I log in on PS4 all my jobs are level synced to lv50. I can use MCH/AST/DRK normally though (that's the surprising part). The only times I can't log in on the PS4 is if I log out on a HW zone. Not usually a problem because I'd rather hang out at Mist than Idylshire.

Huh, that's very interesting.

RPGCrazied

Will they ever allow you to increase the font size in the main dialogue window? I play above 1080p, I play 2880x1620 and the text is painfully tiny, even when I wear my glasses.

jtan

Email address field is case sensitive so if you have the original account creation email double check the "To" field and see if there's any capitalization there.

The PS4 software keyboard automatically capitalizes the first letter and the first letter after a period so you could end up with something like this on their system: Email@address.Com

Thank you soooooo much. I was able to solve this after trying every single combination i could think of (my "To" field didn't give me the incorrect email). I also didn't realize that spaces counted in the security question. Spent so much time until I added a space after my answer and it worked.

Well this sucked lol. But at least I'll be ready now for when stormblood comes out!

Xux

Will they ever allow you to increase the font size in the main dialogue window? I play above 1080p, I play 2880x1620 and the text is painfully tiny, even when I wear my glasses.
You can't change the font size separately but you can make the whole bubble bigger by finding an NPC with two or more pages of dialogue and right clicking on the bubble to scale it.

System Configuration -> Display Settings -> High Resolution UI settings also makes it bigger with everything else, like Luminaire said.

iammeiam

I mean

1.x got hated out of existence and the cult of YoshiP formed up largely around how much people hated 1.0.

So I'm going to go with criticism of ARR+'s shortcomings not really stacking up against that

Kenai

I wonder if people bitched about FF11 and 1.x as much as they bitch about 14.

Yes, but about different things. I don't remember recent MMOs ever making the news with anything on par with the news blurb about Pandemonium Warden, for example.

Yes, but but about different things. I don't remember recent MMOs ever making the news with anything on par with the news blurb about Pandemonium Warden, for example.

What is this now... "And the Warden gave FFXI a boost of publicity when the linkshell Beyond the Limitation couldn't take him down after 18 hours of straight battle." Oh my.

Wilsongt

Most of the 14 complaints I hear are with things like field music, Yoshi's design choices and his inability to be flexible with his game design, and missing the battle system from 1.23b and all.

duckroll

Speaking of Tanaka, anyone tried that new game he produced on mobile made by the Brownies folks and with Mitsuda music? Lol.

Kenai

FF11 is so amazing.

Yes it is indeed amazing at what they got away with in their game design (the good and the bad). Kinda a product of the times though I know.

I don't regret my ~6 or so years with it even if I would never go back for anything more serious than sightseeing.

RPGCrazied

Not sure if it affects it but did you change the UI Scale stuff?

You can't change the font size separately but you can make the whole bubble bigger by finding an NPC with two or more pages of dialogue and right clicking on the bubble to scale it.

System Configuration -> Display Settings -> High Resolution UI settings also makes it bigger with everything else, like Luminaire said.

Thanks, I'll try that next time I log in. I just think it odd, you can change the font size with everything else but this.

I just realized the UI takes up way too much screen space. I really need to figure out how to scale everything down so it's still readable but not in the way.

Part of my Stormblood prep. Already got all of my inventory/armory/retainer space sorted so I'm moving down the list I'm making up as I go along.

Edzi

I just realized the UI takes up way too much screen space. I really need to figure out how to scale everything down so it's still readable but not in the way.

Part of my Stormblood prep. Already got all of my inventory/armory/retainer space sorted so I'm moving down the list I'm making up as I go along.

I'm pretty happy with my layout, but some of the screenshots I've seen of this game are disgusting. Some people have ui elements everywhere, including the middle of the screen. Dunno how anyone could play like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom