• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm I have two questions after reading through the beta forums, the first being how long will Phase 1 run? They make it sound like it's only open till the 26th February o.o

And the second, if I was in the Alpha and were selected for Phase 1 will I automatically get into Phase 2?

Ravidrath

Thanks for including my questions! Bummer on no Steam client, hopefully we see it down the road in the future.

The update schedule of every 2.5 months is about on par w/ FFXI back in its hayday.

Regarding the PS4 questions, I think a FFXIV for PS4 at launch would be a day one purchase for me.

The PS4 is basically a PC, so it shouldn't be a difficult port to do at all. So making it a launch title seems pretty realistic.

Stuart444

The PS4 is basically a PC, so it shouldn't be a difficult port to do at all. So making it a launch title seems pretty realistic.

Assuming ARR is a success (which I want it to be considering how many resources they have put into it at the expense of everything else...) then that would be awesome. Ensures a healthy console + PC fanbase overseas for years to come :D

Jijidasu

I actually want this to happen. Yoshida's expression when I asked about it was kind of a giveaway.

Sounds like they're already giving it some notion of though, which is never a bad thing when they want exposure. Having ARR as a launch title for the PS4 would be a fantastic asset for Sony and doubtlessly lead to plenty of subscriptions for SE.

Thanks for asking about the graphical upgrade plans with PS3/PC. Looking forward to seeing what they are preparing for this "Extremely high" setting range. I read in the Japanese onlinegamer.jp interview that they're being very picky with the water in the ultra high preset, though it won't be ready until just before launch.

What was the grass complaint on the official forums?

When the first screens...or video, I don't remember, showed up, there was a shistorm in the official forums complaining about the quality of the grass. People was saying it looked like shit (it didn't looked that bad...) and was posting stupid things like Xenoblade comparissons....

Basically most of those posters there dosn't know shit about what alpha means or they have very entitled stupid opinions.

I actually want this to happen. Yoshida's expression when I asked about it was kind of a giveaway.

Seeing how the PS3 is running they might see a possible PS4 version a much better deal for their console option.

Also I don't get the deal about a Steam client being too expensive,...they had one for FF XI.

Yeah, so...

I bet the only FF announcement for PS4 at E3 is FFXIV, and the internet is absolutely going to rip them to shreds. Again.

Heh, that would be terrible for them, though I don't believe they would have brought that brand manager out there just to tease that...Jesus, I hope not.

Teknoman

I can see this happening...I honestly dont want them to tease XV before Versus is out. Then again, did Square announce X,XI, and XII before IX was out, or soon after it's launch?

EDIT: Just as a reminder, we're headed to Tonberry beta server.

Ravidrath

Heh, that would be terrible for them, though I don't believe they would have brought that brand manager out there just to tease that...Jesus, I hope not.

You know it's happening because it seems unfathomable now, and Square always manages to do the worst possible thing.

In fact, I just sent Koji Fox an e-mail saying that I think if that is the only FF E3 announcement, that it would be better for them to reneg on the announcement than do that. Because I think it would seriously hurt people's perception of FFXIV for pretty much all eternity.

I would be happy if they did that..

As long as they deliver the PS3 version as promised, I don't see much reason for people to complain.

Ravidrath

I would be happy if they did that..

As long as they deliver the PS3 version as promised, I don't see much reason for people to complain.

They would complain because Square teased a big FF announcement at E3, and a port of FFXIV to PS4 would not be seen as a "big announcement."

They would complain because Square teased a big FF announcement at E3, and a port of FFXIV to PS4 would not be seen as a "big announcement."

I don't mean that being the FF title announcement they were talking about. I was thinking "in addition to".

What would really make people angry is an announcement that they were making versus a PS4 title and not releasing it for PS3.

Xux

Is that a neckbeard option for Roegadyns? :lol

Also, this doesn't seem like the whole soundtrack like the 1.0 Alpha rip was.

...eh, maybe it is. The full Limsa song is pretty pretty. 27's a winner, too.

Animekatt

Very good and and informative interview Kagari. Many thanks!

From the manual:

Players will now be able to 'lot' on treasures gained from treasure boxes, and all players will receive this notification. KO'd characters will also receive this benefit.

*Cries tears of joy* FINALLY.

In the beta test, STR affects melee weapon strength and the increases the amount of damage a shield can block. DEX affects ranged weapon strength and increases the probability of blocking enemy attacks with shield. VIT affects maximum HP. INT affects the spell damage for THM spells, and, consequently, is a useless stat in the beta test for now (they actually say this). MND affects the spell damage for CNJ spells. PIE affects maximum MP. Elemental stats affects defense to each respective element.

Interesting how much they changed the stats. I wonder if they will implement this in the main game. If that's the case, I have a lot of MND materia from rings that people can use. >.>

In the beta test, STR affects melee weapon strength and the increases the amount of damage a shield can block. DEX affects ranged weapon strength and increases the probability of blocking enemy attacks with shield. VIT affects maximum HP. INT affects the spell damage for THM spells, and, consequently, is a useless stat in the beta test for now (they actually say this). MND affects the spell damage for CNJ spells. PIE affects maximum MP. Elemental stats affects defense to each respective element.

So DEX no longer effects accuracy?

Munba

Wow some tracks are really awesome. Pity they are so short.. :(

Glad to hear still some uematsu tracks in it.

Jinko

Thanks everyone for PM'ing me :D lol

Also guys be careful what you are copy and pasting, that stuff translated from the JP manual is breaking the NDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom