• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have to apply for the beta? I'm not seeing a sign up for previous users or anything.

It's not specific. Just apply with your email address tied to your SE account.

I don't think you really need to apply (unless you want to test the ps3 version), but it certainly doesn't hurt anything.

omlet

As someone affected by this I agree.

As someone not affected by this, I agree anyway!

I don't mind dungeon timers (especially can understand the technical reasoning for them to manage load on instance servers), but I'm not a fan of how speed runs were implemented in 1.x.

Anyone have any idea if the digital collectors edition is worth it? Looking to snag that GmG 25% off deal and am now just wondering if I should grab the standard or collector's edition.

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Haha, went to login at the lodestone and couldn't, then realized that I couldn't because of the security token...but I rooted my phone last week, which deleted all my apps, and you're supposed to use a special "emergency password" to re-install the app and use it with your account again :p In typical SE fashion, it took me ages to find the proper method for emailing them about this, and I've gotten no response so far other than a automated letter. I really hope I don't miss the beta all because I wanted to unlock my phone...

Aeana

The PS4 version will be along a fair bit after launch, so if you don't have a PC that can play it, you should probably still get the PS3 version for now.

The PS4 version will be along a fair bit after launch, so if you don't have a PC that can play it, you should probably still get the PS3 version for now.
Yeah that's probably what I'm going to do. If I'm still invested in the game, I'd have no problem double dipping in order to make the switch to the PS4 version. Hell, they might even offer some sort of discount for that.

Seth

I wonder if they will have a CE for the PS4 version. Wondering if i should cancel my PS3 CE if i will be getting the PS4 version.

It would be great if they would give you a free download of the PS4 version if you buy the PS3 version... Suppose that would never happen though.

Mature

I'll probably stick with my PS3 pre-order since I'm interested in the physical CE and I wouldn't bank on the CE coming later on the PS4 version.

hteng

Banned
I'm hearing February.

wha? really? source please? that's surprising early consider there was zero news on any development of XIV on PS4 plus yoshi's team is pretty focus on making a smooth PC launch in Aug, do they even have the time and resources to get the PS4 version out in 8 months time?

Xux

wha? really? source please? that's surprising early consider there was zero news on any development of XIV on PS4 plus yoshi's team is pretty focus on making a smooth PC launch in Aug, do they even have the time and resources to get the PS4 version out in 8 months time?
If the PS4's development is as similar enough to PC development as Sony says, I'm sure the FFXIV team which developed ARR in a stupid short amount of time could get one out in the 8 months 'til February plus however long they've actually been working on it. According to this interviewer (Kagari), Yoshi's response to being asked about the PS4 version in February made it obvious there was one.

Animekatt

I'll probably stick with my PS3 pre-order since I'm interested in the physical CE and I wouldn't bank on the CE coming later on the PS4 version.

That's definitely what I'm doing. I want this CE so I can have the special items in August. I'm not sure if I'm picking up the PS4 or the Wii U this holiday, although I have the PS4 preordered atm.

Just announced, XIV is coming to PS4 as well.

It's a shame about the paywall for online multiplayer in the PS4. If this applies to MMOs, that means people will have to pay for PS Plus and the FFXIV subscription. Still, not a bad deal considering what you get with PS Plus, and probably a much better option in the short-to-medium term versus building/buying a good PC for those that don't have one.

Jinko

I'd hope that an MMO would circumvent that, but like you say PSN+ is worth the money so I'm sure many wouldn't mind.

Munba

1008198_464842863604767_432503423_o.jpg

1009011_464842743604779_1473036220_o.jpg

954848_464842843604769_1014725629_n.jpg

993757_464842856938101_81435645_n.jpg

256216_464842913604762_1606634741_o.jpg

944410_464842763604777_898146126_n.jpg

:D

Allard

Dragoon uses Cloud sword in his Limit Break and is a version of Omnilash. Best job confirmed:

wpnTYOR.png

Of all the things in the trailer... that actually disappointed me the most. They use a predominantly great-sword style limitbreak on a DRG without saving it for the eventual great sword job/class they hinted at previously. Seems way too fan service for the sake of fan service. When I saw that I hoped/thought that was hint at the Dark Knight job they casually let out as a potential job for Gladiator only to see it used on an existing job the DRG ><. Limit break should have been a Kain/Mog/Freya or even Cid style of limit break dangit!

Of all the things in the trailer... that actually disappointed me the most. They use a predominantly great-sword style limitbreak on a DRG without saving it for the eventual great sword job/class they hinted at previously. Seems way too fan service for the sake of fan service. When I saw that I hoped/thought that was hint at the Dark Knight job they casually let out as a potential job for Gladiator only to see it used on an existing job the DRG ><. Limit break should have been a Kain/Mog/Freya or even Cid style of limit break dangit!

They should have used Nibelung Valesti....yeah no FF. But it would have been fucking cool.

Edit: http://www.twitch.tv/technyze/ First E3 live letter with Reinheart translation

Mature

Dragoon using omnislash confuses me, but it looks too cool for me to care. Also, holy crap at that CG art.

From Reinhart's on-going translation of the stream:
f; ok next, are there any plans to easily transfer from PS3 to PS4?
y; once we confirm on all the details we&#8217;ll let you know, but please don&#8217;t worry about anything, please just play from the PS3 verson and tehre should be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom