• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebil

Seriously.

HAir0kz.png

(shamelessly stole this from the Beta forums)

Teknoman

SO FUCKING EPIC!!

LOOK AT THE DESIGN OF THE NEW GARLEAN GENERALS!!

DAT BACKGROUNDS!!

DAT CID BEARD!!

OMG!!!

*faints*

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they each have vastly different personalities. Judges/Four elemental fiend style. Gaius seems like he'd be the most "fair" ala Rubicante.

Credo

Does anyone know how we're going to be able to play phase 3 of the beta?

Will there be a huge new patch for the old client or will there be a new client we have to download? And if it's a new client, where will we go to get that?

Seth

Will there be a huge new patch for the old client or will there be a new client we have to download? And if it's a new client, where will we go to get that?

If you haven't been in beta, then you will definitely have to download a new client.

From alpha and now into beta, there was one initial installer and then patches throughout the phases. My guess is that people who have previously been in beta will just need to download the "go live" patch" on launch day.

Allard

Probably know sometime tomorrow when the emails for the beta codes are rumored to go out. My hunch is its still the old client and its just getting a huge patch, but who knows. Would think they would mention to us we need to download a new client by now especially with how far away the next phase of beta is. New manual is coming soon too.

Edit: Clarify the old client as in the old Beta client, not 1.0 client, that is forever gone :p.

Akuosa

Uh... help?
I can't click Next after this error, nothing happens, so I'm going nowhere.
I'm going to assume/hope it's because it's early and it'll get fixed when we officially are told to start downloading... :/

Edit: Fixed, thanks a lot!

Ala Alba

Uh... help?

I can't click Next after this error, nothing happens, so I'm going nowhere.
I'm going to assume/hope it's because it's early and it'll get fixed when we officially are told to start downloading... :/

It's updating fine for me, sorry man.

Seth

how are you guys downloading it on ps3? I am currently updating my beta client on pc, but if at all possible id like to begin downloading on my ps3 as well.

Lagunamov

how are you guys downloading it on ps3? I am currently updating my beta client on pc, but if at all possible id like to begin downloading on my ps3 as well.

You need a code to redeem on the PS3. If you are not press related like me, you need to wait for tomorrow and then check your email. Good luck ;) .

androidcandy

Neo Member
Just started updating! Cant wait till Friday. I hope I can actually get in at least for a few minuets. Also I am glad there is an option for Japanese voices :D

Hex

Banned
Ok dumb questions time.
Anyone know if a PS3 account might be xferrable to PS4 somehow?
I would think an account should be an account.
But I imagine they have not even begun to mention PS4.
I assume if I buy the PS3 version then I will also have to buy the PS4 version again and then xfer things?

Kyon

Banned
Ok dumb questions time.
I assume if I buy the PS3 version then I will also have to buy the PS4 version again and then xfer things?

i think like any MMo that your account is online and not on the disc

Seth

Ok dumb questions time.

Your account will work across all platforms this game is on - ps3,ps4,pc. Currently to play on PC and PS3 you have to buy the game for EACH platform. Nothing has been said about the PS4 version, however I suspect you will have to purchase that edition as well. But you do get your account and characters on all platforms.

androidcandy

Neo Member
if you had a 14 1.0 account you're definitely in the beta
where'd you get the info for jp voices?

Yea I had a 14 1.0 acct so I know I am in the beta I just hope I can get in before the servers get flooded lol. Also Robo said it would be nice to have the option for JP voices and Ccrook said there was so idk where the info came from.

Yea I had a 14 1.0 acct so I know I am in the beta I just hope I can get in before the servers get flooded lol. Also Robo said it would be nice to have the option for JP voices and Ccrook said there was so idk where the info came from.

Here -

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...cting-question?p=788244&viewfull=1#post788244

Rep post from Rukkiri confirming they are going to let you pick voice language and subtitle language separately from client language. (as well as looking into an option to cut voice volume off entirely)

Jubern

Here -

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...cting-question?p=788244&viewfull=1#post788244

Rep post from Rukkiri confirming they are going to let you pick voice language and subtitle language separately from client language. (as well as looking into an option to cut voice volume off entirely)

Cool, I hope this is also true for the ps3 version.
Don't feel too confident about picking the Japanese version of an MMO to play mostly with people with the client in English, sounds like a recipe for disaster ahah.

C'mon invite...

Jinko

Client/updater looks better, finally you can check if the servers are up.

Trailer is ridiculously good, so hyped :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom