• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xux

Nothing on my side.

edit> Wait, are we even allowed to say to others we're in the phase 3 of the beta anyway?
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62123-Nda-partially-lifted?p=1000125#post1000125

Greetings,

Sorry for the delay in clarifying this, and with today's announcement seeming to cause more confusion.

Here is how non-disclosure agreement will work in Beta Test phase 3:

Information will be free to post. Everything is open and you can post freely about any aspect of the beta test and your thoughts on it.

In regards to images and video in Beta Test phase 3:

You can post images of phase 3 (no images from Alpha, phase 1 or phase 2)
You cannot post audio or video.

We will be making a more detailed announcement before the start of Beta phase 3, but I wanted to share this general overview now.

ebil

Beta test schedule just in:
Dates and Times

June 14, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 16, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
June 14, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 16, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)
More there. Legacy characters won't be available until test 2.

Jijidasu

For JGAF and those joining Durandal server (JP) and launch, we'll be on Mandragora Server (JP) this weekend as legacy data is not being tested yet. See you all there! :)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I bought the game at retail and tossed the discs a few months later because it was crap.

I am trying to recover my account but it says both my emails are invalid (I haven't ever used any others for anything). Did they change the login system since the game first came out? I am trying to log in at http://na.square-enix.com/. Is there another page?

NinjaJesus

I bought the game at retail and tossed the discs a few months later because it was crap.

I am trying to recover my account but it says both my emails are invalid (I haven't ever used any others for anything). Did they change the login system since the game first came out? I am trying to log in at http://na.square-enix.com/. Is there another page?

I think you need to use your username and not your email? At least that's what I do when I log in.

EDIT: NVM, says e-mail too.

Darte

1008198_464842863604767_432503423_o.jpg

I'm surprised no ones photoshopping "My planet needs me" on the F lalafell :lol

Talents

Banned
Anyone know a solution for the slow download problem? I've fixed it before but completely forgot what I did. My launcher is updating at 0.02MB a second.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Anyone know a solution for the slow download problem? I've fixed it before but completely forgot what I did. My launcher is updating at 0.02MB a second.

Downloading ridiculously slow for me on PS3 as well. Might just be because the codes just went out and everyone is jumping on it... but let me know if you work out how to fix it :(

For people rolling on a new server at launch, should we try and stick with Ultros from beta 3 or go for another server during beta and then Ultros for launch? Since this is an open beta, there will probably be a lot of crowding and we may not all be able to get on the same server.

Are we all going to try and roll on Tonberry again ?

Tonberry is marked as a JP server. This may not matter to some but I'm interested in trying out a server with better response times.

Jinko

Tonberry is marked as a JP server. This may not matter to some but I'm interested in trying out a server with better response times.

Ahh good point.

Do we know if Legacy named servers will be part of phase 3 ?

Is there a list of the phase 3 servers ?

Edit :- Ultros ?

Ahh good point.

Do we know if Legacy named servers will be part of phase 3 ?

Is there a list of the phase 3 servers ?

Edit :- Ultros ?

I didn't see the Legacy servers in the "Worlds" list in the new launcher. I think only the new servers will be available until they are ready to test the Legacy character imports.

Jinko

I didn't see the Legacy servers in the "Worlds" list in the new launcher. I think only the new servers will be available until they are ready to test the Legacy character imports.

Ahh ok, didn't think to look there, I'll go ahead and list the NA/EU servers then.

Adamantoise
Behemoth
Cactuar
Coeurl
Diabolos
Gilgamesh
Goblin
Leviathan
Malboro
Midgardsormr
Ultros

Cerberus (EU)
Moogle (EU)
Odin (EU)
Shiva (EU)

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
For JGAF and those joining Durandal server (JP) and launch, we'll be on Mandragora Server (JP) this weekend as legacy data is not being tested yet. See you all there! :)

I will be there!

ZiZ

Ahh ok, didn't think to look there, I'll go ahead and list the NA/EU servers then.

Adamantoise
Behemoth
Cactuar
Coeurl
Diabolos
Gilgamesh
Goblin
Leviathan
Malboro
Midgardsormr
Ultros

Cerberus (EU)
Moogle (EU)
Odin (EU)
Shiva (EU)

sooo, if there aren't any Legacy servers at the start, what server should GAFers choose?

Seth

Where is that server list coming from? This one was posted on the official site a while back:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c04f3593f6d9559a3c75c30887a9678758c91b95

Anyway, I believe most people were going to Sargatanas. I think a lot of people were already there in 1.0 (I was) and have decided to stay. That one is probably where any GAFer trying to pick should go if you want to join the rest of GAF. (Unless you want to join the guys going to the JP server)

Where is that server list coming from? This one was posted on the official site a while back:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c04f3593f6d9559a3c75c30887a9678758c91b95

Anyway, I believe most people were going to Sargatanas. I think a lot of people were already there in 1.0 (I was) and have decided to stay. That one is probably where any GAFer trying to pick should go if you want to join the rest of GAF. (Unless you want to join the guys going to the JP server)

Beta forum. People are talking about what beta server they are going to use for the upcoming test this weekend.

We should probably try to get the GAF server information into the OP now that it's mostly been decided so that people don't need to keep asking. From what I recall it's:

Gathered Against Fate (GAF)
Legacy (EN): Sargatanas
Legacy (JP): Durandal
New (EN): Ultros

Seth

We should probably try to get the GAF server information into the OP now that it's mostly been decided so that people don't need to keep asking. From what I recall it's:

Gathered Against Fate (GAF)
Legacy (EN): Sargatanas
Legacy (JP): Durandal
New (EN): Ultros

What is the reasoning for advertising Ultros as a new server? Why not just make the "official" GAF server Sargatanas as several of us are already there?

EDIT: Not trying to oppose you or anything, just wondering if there was a specific reason.

Seth

Yea I played the original and haven't gotten a key either. Its super frustrating.

They are probably sending out tons of invites. Coming from an IT background, this does take a lot of time, as an email server queues up messages and sends them one at a time. Just hold out a little longer!

What is the reasoning for advertising Ultros as a new server? Why not just make the "official" GAF server Sargatanas as several of us are already there?

EDIT: Not trying to oppose you or anything, just wondering if there was a specific reason.

Some existing players want to start fresh on a non-legacy server and some new players dont't want to play on legacy servers. It gives them an alternative option to play with fellow GAFers.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

He means people that want to join the GAF LS on a new player only server should go to Ultros.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Since we can't get on the Legacy server yet apparently I was wondering if you wanted to setup the GAF LS at the start of phase 3? Seems like Sargatanas people may go visit Ultros until we can use our old characters/server. Makes more sense that way since we'll most likely be going back to Sarg after it's available anyway and I suppose you'll be staying?

I wanted to test how LS are managed now but I could just make a test LS to do that.

Jinko

Since we can't get on the Legacy server yet apparently I was wondering if you wanted to setup the GAF LS at the start of phase 3? Seems like Sargatanas people may go visit Ultros until we can use our old characters/server. Makes more sense that way since we'll most likely be going back to Sarg after it's available anyway and I suppose you'll be staying?

I wanted to test how LS are managed now but I could just make a test LS to do that.

Yes please.

Ala Alba

Sometimes I hate my computer.

I leave my computer on all night to allow the client to update, only to wake up and find that my computer restarted (probably to install updates) during the night, messing up the update process.

Sigh, time to start over again.

That sounds good. If I'm not available right away then feel free to go ahead and set things up. I'm also looking forward to testing out the Linkshell and Free Company functionality, especially the Free Company stuff since that will be the primary guild function in the game.

Since the tests in the beginning will be somewhat limited, have they announced the exact times the beta will run yet (not just dates)?

OK, so I had the original version of FFXIV and have preordered the CE for Realm Reborn. Is that going to work? Or do I need to do the CE upgrade to the account I already have?

Jinko

That sounds good. If I'm not available right away then feel free to go ahead and set things up. I'm also looking forward to testing out the Linkshell and Free Company functionality, especially the Free Company stuff since that will be the primary guild function in the game.

Since the tests in the beginning will be somewhat limited, have they announced the exact times the beta will run yet (not just dates)?

2am PDT, 9am GMT Friday, the serves will only run on the weekends until phase 4.

OK, so I had the original version of FFXIV and have preordered the CE for Realm Reborn. Is that going to work? Or do I need to do the CE upgrade to the account I already have?

If by Original version you mean the standard one yes you will need to upgrade it to CE, if you want the CE in game items, Pre-order items are a separate code.

Seth

I think you will be able to just add the key code to your account. For example, PS3 and PC require separate purchases but you will have your same characters across both. So you should just be able to add the code to your account to activate whatever features the code may have.

I also think that all the CE bonuses and pre order bonuses will probably have separate codes and NOT be specifically tied to the games key (like WoW does). That may have changed, but im pretty sure thats how it was during the original CE.

2am PDT, 9am GMT Friday.

If by Original version you mean the standard one yes you will need to upgrade it to CE, if you want the CE in game items, Pre-order items are a separate code.

OK, so I can use the pre-order code I got, upgrade mine to the CE, then give the CE code I get with the boxed CE to the wife to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom