• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A

Banned
2am PDT, 9am GMT Friday, the serves will only run on the weekends until phase 4.

Actually, the later tests of phase 3 will be longer than a weekend.

Thank you for participating in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We are pleased to announce that beta test phase 3 will begin June 14, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / June 14, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 (GMT). Phase 3 will include the long-awaited introduction of the PlayStation 3 version, as well as the city-states of Limsa Lominsa and Ul'dah. There will also be new FATE and dungeons, changes to the battle system, and a number of adjustments based on player feedback from phase 1 and 2.

Testing for phase 3 will be conducted according to the following schedule:

Test 1 - June 14, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 16, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / June 14, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 to June 16, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 (GMT)
Large-scale checks of core PlayStation 3 functions
Operation of multiple data centers
Checks for stability in light of increased content
Checks for increased server load due to battle system revisions
In addition to the establishment of regional data centers and the above test objectives, the first phase 3 test will place emphasis on world stability and functionality on the PlayStation 3.

Critical issues reported by players will be addressed immediately, or by the start of the second phase 3 test at the latest.

Test 2 - Schedule TBA
Transfer of character data from Version 1.0
Once the PlayStation 3 version has been confirmed stable in the course of Test 1, we will move on to Test 2 which will include character data transfers and the addition of worlds from Version 1.0.

Test 3 - Schedule TBA
Test of the Duty Finder player matching system
If there are no major problems with the transfer of character data from Version 1.0, all subsequent tests will include the Duty Finder. Although limited in functionality, large scale stress tests of the matching system will be conducted.

Final Test - Schedule TBA
Once all key objectives for beta test phase 3 are complete, a final test of the game engine will be conducted to ensure server stability. During this test, worlds are scheduled to remain online for several days.

Final adjustments in preparation for release will be made during beta test phase 3, and your feedback will be invaluable as we conduct the tests outlined above.

Certain circumstances may necessitate the change of test objectives and scheduling. Should any schedule changes be necessary, an announcement will be made.

We thank you for your participation in the beta test, and hope you enjoy the experience!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
That sounds good. If I'm not available right away then feel free to go ahead and set things up. I'm also looking forward to testing out the Linkshell and Free Company functionality, especially the Free Company stuff since that will be the primary guild function in the game.

Since the tests in the beginning will be somewhat limited, have they announced the exact times the beta will run yet (not just dates)?

lol

What timezone are you in? Thinking there is a fairly good chance I'll be on before you. If they allow you to change masters now I guess it won't even matter. I just didn't want to start it only to stop logging onto that temporary character when the old server goes back up and I make a character there or use my old character (prob not.. yet).

lol

What timezone are you in? Thinking there is a fairly good chance I'll be on before you. If they allow you to change masters now I guess it won't even matter. I just didn't want to start it only to stop logging onto that temporary character when the old server goes back up and I make a character there or use my old character (prob not.. yet).

Eastern time. I have to work Friday so I wouldn't be available until around 6 PM EDT.

You could create a test one first and see if the ability to pass leadership/ownership is there before creating the GAF one. If it's not there then it would probably be best to wait since you plan on switching servers at some point.

zeitgeist

Hey I know no one has been able to try this but what are the chances that the small keyboard attachment for the Dual Shock 3 would work well for this game? Debating between one of these or just a normal USB keyboard.

Teknoman

I guess so.

mine does

Cool, just making sure.

Looking at the gamepad UI, the only thing i'm worried about is that I wont remember which skill does whatever, especially if they still have icons that look similar.

EDIT: or maybe not, since it looks like the icons still have text hovering next to them in combat.

Since we can't get on the Legacy server yet apparently I was wondering if you wanted to setup the GAF LS at the start of phase 3? Seems like Sargatanas people may go visit Ultros until we can use our old characters/server. Makes more sense that way since we'll most likely be going back to Sarg after it's available anyway and I suppose you'll be staying?

I wanted to test how LS are managed now but I could just make a test LS to do that.

We can only use our original characters in Phase 4 right?

Jinko

Eastern time. I have to work Friday so I wouldn't be available until around 6 PM EDT.

You could create a test one first and see if the ability to pass leadership/ownership is there before creating the GAF one. If it's not there then it would probably be best to wait since you plan on switching servers at some point.

Isn't everything being wiped at the end of phase 3 anyway ?

Munba

Some music dats out. D:
(new cool dungeon inside/battle themes too, some new awesome tracks and some crazy ones lol... fate tracks are so nice and pub track XD ..edit- wow the city night tracks are really beautiful..10 minutes long)

vid

If I were to go out and purchase a boxed copy of Final Fantasy XIV today, what would that mean for me in regards to the release of A Realm Reborn?

N.A

Banned
NEjCmKh.jpg

If I were to go out and purchase a boxed copy of Final Fantasy XIV today, what would that mean for me in regards to the release of A Realm Reborn?

Codes from 1.0 will be accepted at launch.

Technically you shouldn't be able to find one. They were ordered to be destroyed.

If you were to find one, you'd be able to enter that key at launch and get ARR for free.

Jinko

Some music dats out. D:
(new cool dungeon inside/battle themes too, some new awesome tracks and some crazy ones lol... fate tracks are so nice and pub track XD ..edit- wow the city night tracks are really beautiful..10 minutes long)

Where are you getting this or are you dat mining yourself ?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Isn't everything being wiped at the end of phase 3 anyway ?

Yeah but I was thinking of it that way so it didn't inconvenience anyone after people move. I suppose it really doesn't matter though since phase 3 won't be that long and i don't see any major use of the LS management.

Jinko

Hamlet music is in beta hmm.

Ifrit looks so easy now there is no lag and animation lock lol, only one nail although it looks like it has more HP (perhaps they combines them into one nail).

Edit:- Nevermind it was dumbed down for E3 lol.

Jijidasu

Sorry guys I got mixed up.

JGAF and those who are joining us on Durandal Server (LEGACY) at launch: We'll be on RAMUH this weekend. I could have swore he said Mandragora but hey, now we know for sure!

Sorry for the confusion. Pass it around to the other's if they don't check this as often, ta.

Lucent

I'm guessing they haven't sent out the codes yet since this thread isn't inundated with ecstatic GAFfers posting '"Got mine!"

Yeah pretty much. I haven't gotten one yet either. I even downloaded that E3 trailer on the PSN store, which supposedly gives you a chance to get a beta code that way, too.

Mature

The Ifrit battle honestly looks so much better. Being able to visually understand everything that's happening must be tremendously helpful.

The Ifrit battle honestly looks so much better. Being able to visually understand everything that's happening must be tremendously helpful.

Yeah, the visual cues are much better. You have a better undertstanding of the actual reach of his attacks.

Wish we could see a team using a Limit Break.

Fake edit: Thx! (to both of you!) :)

Animekatt

I loved how the Iffy battle looked. I like how they reduced the spikes to just one, although some may find that to be too easy. Or is it just one for the beta?

Here's hoping I can actually get his weapons now!

Allard

I loved how the Iffy battle looked. I like how they reduced the spikes to just one, although some may find that to be too easy. Or is it just one for the beta?

Its just a specifically tuned battle for E3, they are all lvl 30ish, its probably closer to the ifrit mission fight from 1.0 then the prime fight.

The battle was "dumbed" down for E3. Most people playing the game dosn't have any experience with the game or, maybe, with MMO's. So they made it easier.

Jubern

I wanted to launch the update process before going to work this morning but kept getting a "can't download update" error message. Is the update server down or something? I can't find anything on the beta forums concerning this...

Note: I actually launched the update a first time yesterday, but canceled it since I was going to sleep. Tried erasing and re-downloading the client to see if it resolved the problem but no dice.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Sorry guys I got mixed up.

JGAF and those who are joining us on Durandal Server (LEGACY) at launch: We'll be on RAMUH this weekend. I could have swore he said Mandragora but hey, now we know for sure!

Sorry for the confusion. Pass it around to the other's if they don't check this as often, ta.

I will be there too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom