• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well damn... sucks for me I guess.

did you apply for the beta anyway? or did you just assume your account would grant you access?

I don't think invites have gone out to anyone who didn't have 1.0 yet. if they did, im sure we would see more people saying they got in. fingers crossed.

Jubern

did you apply for the beta anyway? or did you just assume your account would grant you access?

I don't think invites have gone out to anyone who didn't have 1.0 yet. if they did, im sure we would see more people saying they got in. fingers crossed.

Didn't bought 1.0, got a code for the Japanese beta.

Qvoth

Sorry guys I got mixed up.

JGAF and those who are joining us on Durandal Server (LEGACY) at launch: We'll be on RAMUH this weekend. I could have swore he said Mandragora but hey, now we know for sure!

Sorry for the confusion. Pass it around to the other's if they don't check this as often, ta.

ok thanks!

I try to log into the Lodestone and I get this:

There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character.

Is there a different site I'm supposed to be using for account management? I can't remember what SE did w/ this.

Teknoman

Thats cool that Ifrit actually "calls" out his attacks now. As a close fighter/tank...really sucked to see no one trying to keep him facing the same way.

EDIT: So wait, does the game automatically designate you as a Tank/Healer/Damage dealer for limit breaks? Curious about that menu in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3uTJalJSSQ where they were waiting on the conjurer to click.

Qvoth

So no specific Limit Breaks for each job? That kinda sucks.

i refuse to believe that is the case
each class will have their own limit break
it's basically the 2 hour ability of this game

edit: hmm after watching the vid from the post above me.. with that menu thing at the very beginning of the vid.. now i'm not too sure

Edit: NVM, looks like my options was ended on September 8th, 2012 D: I hope I can get him back :3

edit: Does anyone know the answer to that?

They didn't delete your characters. You should be able to play in beta regardless of your FF XIV account status. The first part of phase 3 does not have 1.0 characters.

edit -

Yes, limit breaks seem to be per role (as determined by content finder)

I'd be surprised if they don't add more in the future or if they don't have more planned for launch or shortly after.

Jubern

For those wondering, since I had that problem: the update may "fail" at some points. Just reconnect and it'll resume where it stopped!

It dropped for the 5th or 6th time for me just as I was typing that first line, but otherwise it's incredibly fast. My connection is usually not that awesome (I live in a dorm and I assume it goes through some sort of filter) but here I'm getting 3Mb/sec o_O It's twice over the best speed I ever got since moving here last September.

Bladenic

Signed up online and did that download the vid thing on PSN (but I assume they would send it to my e-mail linked to PSN, which is the same that I used online lmao). Really hope I get in. Really pissed that I lost that damn FFXIII code.

Jijidasu

So no Summoner/Archanist gameplay so far and no news about scholar =(

I hope they do somethign about that during the EN Live letter.

They've confirmed (not sure if anyone translated the first letter live at E3 or not) that it's going to be talked about tomorrow in the final letter at 6AM JST. Not sure what time that is in the US but I imagine they'll have a lot to squeeze into the hour slot they have. Bayohne, Ferne (Koji Fox) and Yoshida will be sitting down to talk about it.

Bladenic

So are Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar gonna be available when the game comes out right away? That's what I plan on being (Summoner, interested in Scholar too though).

Ravidrath

They've confirmed (not sure if anyone translated the first letter live at E3 or not) that it's going to be talked about tomorrow in the final letter at 6AM JST. Not sure what time that is in the US but I imagine they'll have a lot to squeeze into the hour slot they have. Bayohne, Ferne (Koji Fox) and Yoshida will be sitting down to talk about it.

I can confirm that Scholar branches off of Arcanist.

Jinko

Reinheart translated Gamewatch article with some really interesting info about the 'new' combat system and black mage mechanics (that seems very fun to use now):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CiacjEYym1-aaS9rhRTYOXvT8r7ajlEvxCJmJgviR28/edit

First answer in that Q and A makes me so happy lol... although it should be standard tbh.

Wow at black mage changes, that sounds really cool, I wonder if it applies to conjurer as well with earth and aero. (really hope conjurers second job will be a DD one)

Dunan

Got into the beta after sending SE the beta code that came with my Lightning PS3 back in 2009 and have just downloaded the game!

My code was attached to the Japanese SE member site and I could only use it on the Japanese store, but once I downloaded the client, I could select what language I want to play in. (Couldn't actually do anything, though; everything's still in maintenance now.)

Can't wait -- this'll be my first MMO and it should be fun. So GAFfers are congregating on the Ramuh server?

A lot of the vocabulary is a bit imposing for this neophyte: guildleves? linkshells? Still learning the ropes! Anyone have a quick-and-dirty "how to understand MMOs" guide?

Jinko

"JP" as in Japanese-speaking, or as in "closest server"? I can speak both, but will physically be in Japan for the foreseeable future.

Rumuh is a JP server with the majority of JP speaking, you will have to ask Jijidasu for more info though.

It might be worth you comparing both maybe.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
"JP" as in Japanese-speaking, or as in "closest server"? I can speak both, but will physically be in Japan for the foreseeable future.

Seems like it'll be a mix. In my case, I can't speak (much) Japanese, but it's the closest server for me and I'm in the same time zone as Japan so it makes the most sense.

Xux

First answer in that Q and A makes me so happy lol... although it should be standard tbh.

Wow at black mage changes, that sounds really cool, I wonder if it applies to conjurer as well with earth and aero. (really hope conjurers second job will be a DD one)
lol, Chrono Cross team bringing that field element thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom