• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillty

Banned
"JP" as in Japanese-speaking, or as in "closest server"? I can speak both, but will physically be in Japan for the foreseeable future.
Both.

The existing servers are being split and half moved out to Montreal for latency reasons; thus labeled JP, and (NA/EU), really though you'll still see English players on the JP servers and vica-versa. The game also features a text/string translation system so it's no big deal.

Sorry guys I got mixed up.

JGAF and those who are joining us on Durandal Server (LEGACY) at launch: We'll be on RAMUH this weekend. I could have swore he said Mandragora but hey, now we know for sure!

Sorry for the confusion. Pass it around to the other's if they don't check this as often, ta.

Jijidasu

"JP" as in Japanese-speaking, or as in "closest server"? I can speak both, but will physically be in Japan for the foreseeable future.

We'll be on Ramuh for this weekend seeing as the 1.0 data transfer isn't until the second stage of phase 3 (yeah, what a mouthful). Once we have our original characters back we'll be situated on Durandal for the remainder of the beta tests and to launch.

We're going to be making a Free Company or Linkshell, depending on what kind of population we're looking at among other things (Neogaf member and all-round mugon type Darte will be making it). There seems to be a number of JGAF joining but I haven't got exact numbers. Nothing is set in stone as to what the function of the LS/FC will be as it really depends on how often we can get together - providing we can function in JST prime time (18:00 onwards) we should be well and banging.

As for other people joining us, if you're not able to join into normal events and such there'll always be other Japanese shells which operate outside of JST prime time and accommodate for a range play-times, these are usually night worker shells filled with taxi drivers, mothers and occasionally kyabakura/host types. I can invite people to other Japanese shells providing they can communicate unassisted.

[edit] As for population it's hard to say. I assume there'll always be the type of foreign player who'll be hell bent on playing with Japanese players regardless of time-zone incompatibility, so long as they can communicate well enough and steer clear from the awkward anime type lingo I'm all for a mixed server.

Jinko

single target vs AoE?

Hmm I guess but I expect the limit breaks to be used mainly on bosses and primals, I suppose AoE would work ok on moogles. (is King mog even in ARR ?)

I wonder how much enmity if any this creates, healing the whole party to full for example lol.

i refuse to believe that is the case
each class will have their own limit break
it's basically the 2 hour ability of this game

edit: hmm after watching the vid from the post above me.. with that menu thing at the very beginning of the vid.. now i'm not too sure

Yes, limit breaks seem to be per role (as determined by content finder)

I'd be surprised if they don't add more in the future or if they don't have more planned for launch or shortly after.

A little disappointing if true. Maybe this explains the Dragoon's Limit Break shown in the video. I don't think they have confirmed or denied individual limit breaks for each job but they did state in an interview that the limit break effects were based on roles (e.g. defensive buff for tank limit break).

I can confirm that Scholar branches off of Arcanist.

We all pretty much suspected this but it's nice to have a confirmation. I can't wait to see what other jobs they introduce in the future and what they branch off from.

Reinheart translated Gamewatch article with some really interesting info about the 'new' combat system and black mage mechanics (that seems very fun to use now):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CiacjEYym1-aaS9rhRTYOXvT8r7ajlEvxCJmJgviR28/edit

Really good interview. It sounds like combat will be a lot more exciting.

Anything I can start doing to prepare?

I guess I can't download the Phase 3 Beta client yet unless I was in the previous betas?

ok so global cooldown is out?
man it wasn't that bad imo, now we gotta adapt to the battle system all over again

It's not out, it just doesn't affect the use of abilities and auto-attack anymore.

Abilities = buffs (hawk eye, rampart etc.)

the GCD is still there and shared for weapon skills and magic

Dunan

Nothing is set in stone as to what the function of the LS/FC will be as it really depends on how often we can get together - providing we can function in JST prime time (18:00 onwards) we should be well and banging.

As for other people joining us, if you're not able to join into normal events and such there'll always be other Japanese shells which operate outside of JST prime time and accommodate for a range play-times, these are usually night worker shells filled with taxi drivers, mothers and occasionally kyabakura/host types. I can invite people to other Japanese shells providing they can communicate unassisted.

Sounds great! I'll probably be logging in in the evening, 22:00 JT, for an hour or two. I work odd hours (US-related job, so I finish at 5 AM JT / 4 PM ET) and in the future might be popping in in the very early mornings.

I'm a complete noob to both FFXIV and to MMOs in general, and while I speak and read Japanese just fine, if there are any issues with native Japanese speakers not liking a gaijin with very little FF14 skill horning in, I might just stick with English.

Jinko

ok so global cooldown is out?
man it wasn't that bad imo, now we gotta adapt to the battle system all over again

It's not out, basically all weapons skills are on a GCD, buffs (and some other stuff maybe) are independent, this way there is more strategy involved whilst you are waiting for your GCD.

This is pretty standard in other MMO's FWIW.

did you receive any email saying you're in beta 3?
if you didn't then yep nothing you can do

I received an email telling me about Beta 3 and that if I was in 1.0 than I'm in but they didn't have anything explicit about downloading the beta client.

N.A

Banned
New Artwork:
lbQ4okD.jpg
VbvaWJH.jpg
B4KLfpy.jpg

bJmw3Dx.jpg
ndWYjXE.jpg
gJQg36F.jpg

New Screenshots:

Qvoth

It's not out, basically all weapons skills are on a GCD, buffs (and some other stuff maybe) are independent, this way there is more strategy involved whilst you are waiting for your GCD.

This is pretty standard in other MMO's FWIW.

isn't this already the case on beta 2?
i thought they changed the battle system again, nvm then

ReconPeon

I received an email telling me about Beta 3 and that if I was in 1.0 than I'm in but they didn't have anything explicit about downloading the beta client.

This. What the hell is going on. I'm worried that since I changed my email address on the account since I don't remember the password to my old email, they may have accidentally sent it to the old registered account.

isn't this already the case on beta 2?
i thought they changed the battle system again, nvm then

It was not the case in Phase 2.

Abilities/Buffs did not start the GCD timer, but they were governed by it. Auto-attack was restricted by the GCD too.

In phase 1 and 2 I could not use "Hawk's eye" immediately after using "Gloom Arrow", as an example.

In phase3, abilities and buffs have their own cooldown timers and are not subject to the GCD, so I can use "Hawk's eye" immediately after "Gloom Arrow" without waiting on the timer.

Weapon skills and spells are still subject to the GCD (which is 2.5s, currently), but abilities/buffs and auto-attack are not.

Sykotik

I've never been in the beta before, but I signed up for one. No email, yet. But, what's really annoying me is I can't log in to any of these damn square-enix sites. Enter my info, says wrong id or password. Okay, maybe I forgot my password. I change it, go to log in, same exact thing. This is agitating.

Edit: Figured it out after I found a login that said I could use my email. Wrong ID. No luck logging in to that beta site.

Kyon

Banned
I've never been in the beta before, but I signed up for one. No email, yet. But, what's really annoying me is I can't log in to any of these damn square-enix sites. Enter my info, says wrong id or password. Okay, maybe I forgot my password. I change it, go to log in, same exact thing. This is agitating.

there are two different square sites i believe. Yeah its frustrating i just deleted my JP Square members account because it used my main email and now when i try to register with it it says the email already exists even tho i try to log into my jp account and it clearly says my account was already cancelled ;__;

still no invite for me either. odd, you would think they needed more people stressing the servers before the masses flood in for phase4/open beta.

Aeana

Man, I would really like to play with the Japanese group. I guess I could try, but I really do think scheduling will be an issue due to time differences.

Milly79

Doubt I'll get into the beta, but this game looks pretty amazing. Really looking for something to knock SWToR off my plate, as I'm getting pretty tired of it and their lack of PvP updates. :(

notworksafe

My schedule always seems to fill up when there's a beta, bah! I'll have some time to play on Saturday though, so that will be nice.

ReconPeon

Well, I called support about the fact that I hadn't received a key even though I had the original game. The lady was extremely rude. She said, "Sir it is beta. You don't just get in because you bought the original one." Some bullshit.

They've (developers/producer) said that all existing FF XIV players will be invited into the beta in phase 3. It may not be all at once, though.

1.0 characters are not available yet, so they may be waiting until then to open the floodgates.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Well, I called support about the fact that I hadn't received a key even though I had the original game. The lady was extremely rude. She said, "Sir it is beta. You don't just get in because you bought the original one." Some bullshit.

Forgot her name but yeah there is this one female rep who is really bitchy. Had to talk to her a few times before.

@Milly: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom