• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the FATE system looks nice, like a splash of guildwars2.

I was also wondering how the areas are connected, is it a persistent world or are the areas divided into sections via loading screens/portals?

Xux

I was also wondering how the areas are connected, is it a persistent world or are the areas divided into sections via loading screens/portals?
It's in sections. They remade each area with a lot of detail compared to the more open world original which had a ton of reused assets.

It's very similar to how GW2 is setup. Towns are their own instance/map with multiple exits to other maps via loading screens which connect to other maps and so on.

Jinko

Area's are broken into loaded zones, its basically like FF12 where you cross a blue dotted line.

Ocho

I want to buy the game in GMG but I see two version of the standard edition, NA edition and one without 'NA'. Which should I get? Any differences? I'll play in NA.

Mature

Well, I called support about the fact that I hadn't received a key even though I had the original game. The lady was extremely rude. She said, "Sir it is beta. You don't just get in because you bought the original one." Some bullshit.
Their service is notorious.

Jinko

I want to buy the game in GMG but I see two version of the standard edition, NA edition and one without 'NA'. Which should I get? Any differences? I'll play in NA.

Get the NA one if your SE account is NA or you live there, I think the product keys and pre-order codes are different per region.

I never had to make an account when I registered for the beta. I just filled out the form online and then received a confirmation email.

I was under the impression you had to make an SE account to access the beta registration form.

Allard

Get the NA one if your SE account is NA or you live there, I think the product keys and pre-order codes are different per region.

I was under the impression you had to make an SE account to access the beta registration form.

You don't need an account to sign up for Beta, but you can't enter beta without a Square-enix account and registered beta key. So you can get the key without an account, but you need to create a account to actually use the key to get in.

Jijidasu

Man, I would really like to play with the Japanese group. I guess I could try, but I really do think scheduling will be an issue due to time differences.

Can always try it out~

I'm sure on weekends and and days off I'm sure some people will be active at earlier times. just like when I was playing XI I'd be on in the morning and you guys hadn't even started doing events like Abyssea.

Greymanic

Neo Member
I know I'm a bit late to the party when asking this, but where did EU customers pre order a physical copy of the new collectors edition? I'm aware that they are apparently sold out but as far as I was aware, their site only sold a digital copy.

Jinko

1 and a half hours :p.

Says 10pm GMT on their flier thing, which is 11 BST.

square-enix-e3-schedule-1.jpg

Vashetti

Banned
No PS3 beta code for me, so disappointed.

I fucking bought FF13 and 100%'d that bullshit.

Surely the code that came with it for the beta should be a compensation for me going through that awful experience.

creid

No PS3 beta code for me, so disappointed.

I fucking bought FF13 and 100%'d that bullshit.

Surely the code that came with it for the beta should be a compensation for me going through that awful experience.
It doesn't even sound like they've started sending them out yet, outside of Japan.

With the NDA being lifted, I feel like there should be a thread in the main gaming side for beta impressions...

When the new OT goes up (by Riposte?) it will go up on the main gaming side and not just replace this community thread right?

Forbiden

So the PS3 beta invites already went out? I ask simply because I had a JP FFXIII code, so I'm left wondering if me entering that code didn't do anything for me simply because it was a JP code and my account is US based.

Seth

Remember the FFXIII code didn't guarantee you beta access, it said you get "priority" chance. I used the code and haven't gotten an invite for PS3 yet either. However I don't think they have sent them all out or maybe havent started yet. Couple friends of mine got emails saying they are getting into the PC beta since they were 1.0 members, however they still havent been given a code to activate on their account for beta either.

Just hold on a bit longer!

Its just more annoying than anything. She doesn't even know what the hell she is talking about.

Considering that during the Gamespot interview today the community manager confirmed that if you'd purchased 1.0 at any time you'd get into Phase 3, yeah, she's uninformed. That said...ZOMG WHERE IS MAH KEY. *tears*

Ferrio

Banned
Okay uhh... I logged in registered my code... but it won't let me log into the forums. Says my password/id is wrong.

edit: Oh it doesn't accept your email as username.

edit2:

Fatal error: Existing data passed is not an array
Called set_existing in [path]/includes/functions_sqex.php on line 296
Called sqex_addmember in [path]/register.php on line 485
in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 265

Man... what's with square and their shitty user management systems.

Aeana

Wow, scholar has a fairy pet and can heal. Ahhh, decisions to make. Scholar is focused more on regen and stuff, just like FF11 I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom