• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaJesus

I wonder what this means about classes then. D0es that mean if I take ARC to 50 and Unlock both SMN and SCH will they both be 50?

Ravidrath

SMN and Arcanist look awesome. I wonder if you can get different pets or if each job has a specific pet.

Each has a specific pet.

Arcanist has Carbuncle, Scholar gets Fairy, and Summoner gets lots of different ones.

I wonder what this means about classes then. D0es that mean if I take ARC to 50 and Unlock both SMN and SCH will they both be 50?

That's how it would work, yes.

You'd do your job quests, get your job crystal and you've got both. Just equip the crystal of the other to change.

NinjaJesus

Each has a specific pet.

Arcanist has Carbuncle, Scholar gets Fairy, and Summoner gets lots of different ones.

That's how it would work, yes.

You'd do your job quests, get your job crystal and you've got both. Just equip the crystal of the other to change.

I figured as much. Guess that means when they start branching off stuff like GLA, WHM, etc I'll have the new jobs at 50 already.

Kwixotik

I can't tell if I'm eligible for the beta tomorrow or not... When I log into the SE account site I see:
ARVTjSA.png

but when I log into the beta tester forums:

Azrael

I wonder what second job classes they will add. Dark Knight for Gladiator is confirmed. Geomancer for Pugilist and Beastmaster for Marauder make sense. Ranger for Archer would be kind of redundant, wouldn't it? And I have no idea what they can do with the other classes to differentiate them.

vilmer_

I just realized that after all this time that I only had PC version selected for preferred platform instead of both. Safe to say I'm not getting in on this PS3 invite wave, dammit Blizzard!

I just realized that after all this time that I only had PC version selected for preferred platform instead of both. Safe to say I'm not getting in on this PS3 invite wave, dammit Blizzard!
It's been so long I don't even remember what I picked. Is there a way to find that out?

Jinko

I really thought the first question would be about Beta. Seems weird not to mention the invites.

I suspect most the questions are from the forums who are probably in the beta already.

World sounds similar size to what it was in 1.0 its just been cut up into smaller sections.

Ala Alba

Oh, yeah, so glad I didn't hamlet grind for seals. ;)

Though I assume the seals will still be there, just acquired in a different way.

Jinko

No more hamlet for relic! Best news of the letter! :p

Heh hamlet wouldn't have been so bad if you weren't forced to do it endlessly lol

I guess with no speed runs now the other stuff is out of the question also, unless they are just random drops now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom