• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Sorry guys I am too cool for the club now

2wPEYmR.png

B-Dex

Boo I really wanted in ps3 beta. PC will have to do :(. lol

I even downloaded the trailer off of psn for the extra chance and signed up for it as soon as you could last year. And I'm Legacy! No respect ....
kidding

LuuKyK

No but really, are they going to send invites at different times, or if I didnt receive one for now I should start crying?

ZenaxPure

No but really, are they going to send invites at different times, or if I didnt receive one for now I should start crying?

I would say just keep waiting, I posted that picture literally minutes after getting the email. Other people got theirs earlier in the day, and others before that.

Lucent

Ok, I will not start freaking out then.

I already am. lol

lol. Yeah I hope I wake up to one tomorrow or see it sometime tomorrow. I didn't participate in 1.0 and I didn't have a code with my copy of FFXIII so I get no special treatment. =l

docbon

Just remembered to start patching. Gonna give this a whirl tomorrow now that I'm not completely consumed with Guild Wars 2.

LuuKyK

lol. Yeah I hope I wake up to one tomorrow or see it sometime tomorrow. I didn't participate in 1.0 and I didn't have a code with my copy of FFXIII so I get no special treatment. =l

I used my XIII code. But I am afraid I got one of the letters/numbers wrong. I fucking HATE when I get a code with a 0 that looks like a D that resembles an O. FUCK this shit. Really. It pisses me off.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So is this the beta where we can bring back our old characters?

Also, if we had the original game, we don't have to buy ARR, right?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Got a PC code off Eurogamer!
Downloading the client, but how the heck do i get in the beta forums?
I get sent to a login page, where my usual ID\psw doesn't work.

Seth

So is this the beta where we can bring back our old characters?

Also, if we had the original game, we don't have to buy ARR, right?

You will get to bring back old characters the the second part of this beta. You wont be able to this weekend. And no you don't have to buy it again if you have 1.0.

Dunan

I used my XIII code. But I am afraid I got one of the letters/numbers wrong. I fucking HATE when I get a code with a 0 that looks like a D that resembles an O. FUCK this shit. Really. It pisses me off.

If you input an incorrect code, it doesn't invalidate the correct one. If you put a zero where it wanted an O, try the reverse and see if it takes the code.

Unless, in a crazy coincidence, your mistakenly-input code was also a valid one, but assigned to someone else. But I can't imagine SE mismanaging code formats like that.

LuuKyK

If you input an incorrect code, it doesn't invalidate the correct one. If you put a zero where it wanted an O, try the reverse and see if it takes the code.

Unless, in a crazy coincidence, your mistakenly-input code was also a valid one, but assigned to someone else. But I can't imagine SE mismanaging code formats like that.

Huh, I didnt know that. But anyway, would it really warn me if I had input the wrong code there?

PopInnovation

Neo Member

They do seem to be going out at different times, I had mine early this morning (since about 7 hours ago) but people posting around the web have had them only show up in the past couple of hours.

I know it's a silly question, but did you check your spam folder?

LuuKyK

They do seem to be going out at different times, I had mine early this morning (since about 7 hours ago) but people posting around the web have had them only show up in the past couple of hours.

I know it's a silly question, but did you check your spam folder?

I did. And the trash too. Nothing. T_T

Well went ahead and got the digital collectors edition, never played 1.0 and only tried phase 2 beta weekend but liked what I saw. From everything I have seen though the game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Any suggestions on whats a good starter newbie class?

Dunan

Huh, I didnt know that. But anyway, would it really warn me if I had input the wrong code there?

It'll just say that the code is wrong. I first tried my code on the US store and that's what happened; then I tried it on the Japanese store and it worked fine.

Don't worry; it's not some kind of high-stakes thing where you get one chance to type the code in or it's lost forever. If you got an error message, just try again, this time choosing the other possibility for 0/O/D.

LuuKyK

Via twitter:

An Update on North American PlayStation 3 Version Beta Test Codes (06/13/2013)
During the final steps of the process to distribute the PlayStation 3 promotion codes that are used to access the PS3 version of the Beta Test, we encountered an issue that stopped us from delivering the codes properly. We were able to identify the problem quickly before delivering the promotion codes and are pleased to announce that we have corrected the issue and will be sending out the codes to users after this slight delay.

We sincerely apologize about the delay and appreciate your understanding in the matter.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=0fa2f2bb4d67993105e9ab306e96768bff271983

Thank God. Now to wait. @_@

It'll just say that the code is wrong. I first tried my code on the US store and that's what happened; then I tried it on the Japanese store and it worked fine.

Don't worry; it's not some kind of high-stakes thing where you get one chance to type the code in or it's lost forever. If you got an error message, just try again, this time choosing the other possibility for 0/O/D.

Im glad to hear that. Makes me less worried at least. Thanks. :)

ebil

Well went ahead and got the digital collectors edition, never played 1.0 and only tried phase 2 beta weekend but liked what I saw. From everything I have seen though the game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Any suggestions on whats a good starter newbie class?
I truly don't think there is, nor am I too sure since the classes and overall balance have changed a lot.
During Beta 1/2, Conjurer probably was the hardest / more frustrating class to play because it was interrupted a lot, but that's something they adjusted.
Out of all classes, Lancer seems to be one of the most straightforward and basic.
I say, play whatever you like the most, the game seems to have a good learning curve and is designed to not throw too much stuff at you at once.

dwix

Ultimately, there is a major emphasis on slowly introducing players to the depth of the classes, so you should really just start with what sounds the most fun.

Healers tend to be the most scrutinized, so you may want to stay away from that until you are more familiar with the party dynamics. Also, it is important to note that your class is driven by your weapon, so you can try them all and decide which you like the best :)

Seth

During the final steps of the process to distribute the PlayStation 3 promotion codes that are used to access the PS3 version of the Beta Test, we encountered an issue that stopped us from delivering the codes properly. We were able to identify the problem quickly before delivering the promotion codes and are pleased to announce that we have corrected the issue and will be sending out the codes to users after this slight delay.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=0fa2f2bb4d67993105e9ab306e96768bff271983

solaaire

Neo Member
Just got my invite and I'm in the US.

Got my key registered but unfortunately whenever I click in the download link or try to visit the forums, it prompts me for my username/password and claims I'm inputting the wrong ID or password, which is strange because I could login to apply the beta key just fine. Could be because I just changed my password this morning...

Anyone have a download link? I'd love to get the ball rollin' on this download!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom