• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

miz-girl-face-o.gif

PS3 version seems awkward to install. There's just a black screen where the log in details should be.

Edit: Nevermind, a 'reboot' of the PS3 seems to have solved that issue.

PS3 client is only 5gb? Wow! D:

So I tried entering my code and I got a message back saying "The code's region is inapplicable." I got a code sent to me and everything too. So do I contact support or something? I tried looking online for help in other places but they don't help much.

I'm from US if this helps in any way.

Boken

Banned
So I tried entering my code and I got a message back saying "The code's region is inapplicable." I got a code sent to me and everything too. So do I contact support or something? I tried looking online for help in other places but they don't help much.

Are you from australia?

I didnt want to risk it and just used US

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just checked the beta forums. There's still no post about the scope of Beta test 3. Have they gone into that anywhere?

Jomjom

Banned
Noticed that there is a thing on SEN store where if you download the FFXIV video you get a chance at a beta code. Anyone know when they hand out these codes? I'm guessing not right after you video download finishes, if you win that is?

redhot_

Noticed that there is a thing on SEN store where if you download the FFXIV video you get a chance at a beta code. Anyone know when they hand out these codes? I'm guessing not right after you video download finishes, if you win that is?

My guess would be an email or maybe one of those PSN messages with a link to the store sometime tomorrow.

Guess I'll download the beta and see about registering tomorrow. I sent an e-mail for SE support so I guess they'll figure it out for me.

I hope we can play both the PS3 and PC versions and not be restricted to one since I got a code for both.

EDIT: So I just tried my PS3 code on PSN and it didn't work either. So either they sent me 2 broken codes, or I just gotta wait till tomorrow. I'm so glad The Last of Us is coming out tomorrow to keep me busy because I was hoping to download this overnight. My luck is just terrible today lol.

Aeana

Guess I'll download the beta and see about registering tomorrow. I sent an e-mail for SE support so I guess they'll figure it out for me.

I hope we can play both the PS3 and PC versions and not be restricted to one since I got a code for both.

You can play both. If you look at your codes, you'll notice that your actual beta code that you apply to your SE account is the same for both PC and PS3. You can log into any client with your account. The only reason you need to get "into" the PS3 beta to play it is because that's the only way to get the PSN code to get the client from PSN. But PS3 people should be able to download the PC client and play without worry.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What do you mean by scope?

On the beta forums, for each phase, they listed all the things from the full version that are included. They alluded to certain things being omitted from Phase 2 that would then be in Phase 3.

That said, there's still no list of what they're adding into Phase 3 that was omitted from Phase 2.

Got my code :)

I'm currently on the "Press Next to begin updating the game client..." screen.

I'm assuming it's meant to just sit there while the clock icon in the corner just spins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom