• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked my email and I saw a new one that said "Final Fantasy XIV" and I got super excited but then I read further and realized it was from Amazon offering me a purchasing suggestion. FUCK EVERYTHING!!!

The day before yesterday I got an email from SQUARE ENIX and was like "ooooh shit!" then it turned out to be about their games showing at E3. Dick move Square.

The one I got yesterday was legit beta though, so all is forgiven. Mostly.

N.A

Banned
50 minutes until servers are up! :)

Edit: Patch notes are up: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/38151

New emotes!

Grand Company salute (/gcsalute)
Pray (/pray)
Straight Face (/straightface)
Smile (/smile)
Grin (/grin)
Smirk (/smirk)
Taunt (/taunt)
Shut Eyes (/shuteyes)
Sad (/sad)
Scared (/scared)
Amazed (/amazed)
Ouch (/ouch)
Annoyed (/annoyed)
Alert (/alert)
Worried (/worried)

Where in the world is this Getting Started subforum? All is see is account settings info.

I'm honestly not sure, that's supposed to be a forum.

It's possible you may have to wait and as someone else said earlier in that thread that maybe they haven't activated the 1.0 peoples' accounts yet. Without having received an email there's no clear instructions for you to follow, but I just know they said that everyone with a 1.0 service account is automatically in. So worst case scenario you can always call support

Not sure if this will make you feel better or worse:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1gbe3x/any_10_owner_without_a_beta_key_yet/

But maybe that's a good thread to watch to see what happens to other 1.0ers

Edit: This is from the thread

[–]272 1 point 1 hour ago (1|0)
1.0 and didn't sign up for beta. Got my key about 30 minutes ago in my email, hope is still there.
permalinksourcereportsave-RESgive goldreply

So I guess you do need a key, and it'll come soon

Anyone need a spare key? :eek:

There was a post on the previous page where a few people weren't fast enough. Would be fairest to go down that list in order IMO. But your key your call :)

Edit: Damn, now I feel bad for suggesting that after someone said me. lol. can't win no matter what

B-Dex

Yeah if anyone gets a PS3 key and doesn't want it I'll take it. My computer can't really run the beta always bsods since phase 1. Still haven't figured out the reason.

chris-013

I think there is a big misunderstanding... It's not 2 keys in the email but just one !
The first is for the square-enix account and the other is only for downloading of the ps3 client...

Anyone can confirm ?

I have an EU code to give away. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THE CODE IF YOU ARE NOT EU, IT WON'T WORK.

One caveat. I've been following this thread for the past few hours and some others have already missed opportunities to grab codes. So I'd like to give those people the opportunity to respond first. maxcer0081 was first, and Kyon was second. If either of you guys are EU, lemme know and you can have the code.

Otherwise, first EU person that quotes this and requests the code can have it.

Right, so now on the 'update' screen where the bar was, I've got

"Undefined" in white text. Then a greyed-out Play button. Is that right?

Berlin

Neo Member
I think there is a big misunderstanding... It's not 2 keys in the email but just one !
The first is for the square-enix account and the other is only for download the ps3 client...

Anyone can confirm ?

Yeah, that's the way it works.

Right, so now on the 'update' screen where the bar was, I've got

"Undefined" in white text. Then a greyed-out Play button. Is that right?

I suppose so, got the same thing.

chris-013

I have an EU code to give away. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THE CODE IF YOU ARE NOT EU, IT WON'T WORK.

One caveat. I've been following this thread for the past few hours and some others have already missed opportunities to grab codes. So I'd like to give those people the opportunity to respond first. maxcer0081 was first, and Kyon was second. If either of you guys are EU, lemme know and you can have the code.

Otherwise, first EU person that quotes this and requests the code can have it.

quoted !
But I think that doesn't matter if you are US or EU you can make a new square-enix account !

nope i'm in NA. so it would be great if a could get a spare for that region.

also, I'll totally pay it forward if I end up getting a key in my email.

not quoting it but does that mean my EU account wont work? Im from US but i have an EU account too lol

As long as you have an EU account it will work. But fair warning: I don't know if you can actually pay for the game (like once it releases) if you have an EU account and try to use a US payment method. Anwyay maxcer was before you, so i'll wait a little, if he doesn't respond in the next 20 minutes you can have it as long as you're cool with the thing about possibly not being able to carry the beta account over to a subscription once the game goes live

Kyon

Banned
As long as you have an EU account it will work. But fair warning: I don't know if you can actually pay for the game (like once it releases) if you have an EU account and try to use a US payment method. Anwyay maxcer was before you, so i'll wait a little, if he doesn't respond in the next 20 minutes you can have it as long as you're cool with the thing about possibly not being able to pay for the game

ok thanks :)

FYI I'm just trying to try out this game before i fully dedicate myself to it. I'm starting a new character when the game comes out

quoted !
But I think that doesn't matter if you are US or EU you can make a new square-enix account !

That's true, but then there's the issue of trying to carry your account over when the game launches. Phase 3 character data will not get deleted and will carry into the release version of the game, and I don't think an EU account can be paid for with a US payment method, so things get inconvenient

chris-013

That's true, but then there's the issue of trying to carry your account over when the game launches. Phase 3 character data will not get deleted and will carry into the release version of the game, and I don't think an EU account can be paid for with a US payment method, so things get inconvenient

Phase 3 characters will be deleted. It's phase 4 (open beta) where you can keep your characters. So you can remake another account then.

Phase 3 charaters will get delete. It's phase 4 (open beta) where you can keep your characters. So you can remake another account then.

ill give it a try if that's the case

nope i'm in NA. so it would be great if a could get a spare for that region.

also, I'll totally pay it forward if I end up getting a key in my email.

I gave away the EU key, but I *might* have an extra NA key. For some reason I just (like literally just, 30 seconds ago) got an email with a key in it even though I was carrying over from Phase 2. However I might be obligated to give this key to a friend. I *think* (as in 95% chance) that he won't need the key because he might already have one. I'll know tomorrow. If he already has one I'll PM you this key tomorrow. If I don't follow up, and if you still don't have a key yet, remind me tomorrow afternoon

Phase 3 characters will be deleted. It's phase 4 (open beta) where you can keep your characters. So you can remake another account then.

I thought they said phase 3 characters will roll over into phase 4, and that phase 4 characters would carry over into the final game

I gave away the EU key, but I *might* have an extra NA key. For some reason I just (like literally just, 30 seconds ago) got an email with a key in it even though I was carrying over from Phase 2. However I might be obligated to give this key to a friend. I *think* (as in 95% chance) that he won't need the key because he might already have one. I'll know tomorrow. If he already has one I'll PM you this key tomorrow. If I don't follow up, and if you still don't have a key yet, remind me tomorrow afternoon

sounds good. GAF delivers

Whoa, I shut down the launcher and restarted and the play button was lit up, but clicking it said all worlds undergoing maitnenance.

ron-paul.gif

Baleoce

Understandable, but keep getting booted. Also, when I tried to calibrate my 360 controller, it still wouldn't recognize it :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom