• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Stefan™;63534921 said:
1. As long as you didn't link your SE EU account to your US PSN then you're fine.

2. Phase 4 is will be open beta so it doesn't really matter. I don't know whether character progression will be carried over from phase 3 to 4. However, I do believe you will be able to carry your phase 4 character over once the game launches.

I am sure there is an extensive FAQ for all of this.

I did. RIP I'm screwed aren't I?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
You're not joining GAF server?

Oh I don't know it didn't say anything in the OP about who should make it. The name was actually too long so maybe you even want to choose something different, I had to get it with no spaces. If you'd rather be owner I can probably transfer it to you (delete and remake), doesn't matter to me. Are you in yet?

Im in the JP server.

Love the game this phase. Started in Uldah for a change of pace.

Sure does crash alot!

Luckily I can hop back in without wait.

Have faith these bugs will be sorted fast.

Jinko

OMG !!! they removed lala sideburns !!! NO !!! ORZ

orz.jpg

kiyomi

Stefan™;63535771 said:
Mine is ~600 minutes. RIP. Why is it so damn slow?

Ouch, that sucks. I'm getting 800kb, EU.

Kyon - are you actually playing or still downloading? I see you on my friends list, apparently in the game, haha. I guess that's just the client?

Kyon

Banned
nooooooooooooooooooo I just got a US code in email and now i already linked my US PSN account to my EU SE account. noooooooooooooooooooo how do unlink it?

nooooooooooooooooooo I just got a US code in email and now i already linked my US PSN account to my EU SE account. noooooooooooooooooooo how do unlink it?

I did a few searches in the SE support section and couldn't find anything so I'd recommend calling SE support when they open to see if it's possible. In the off chance you can't unlock it and you can't use the code, I'd gladly put it to good use.

Kyon

Banned
I did a few searches in the SE support section and couldn't find anything so I'd recommend calling SE support when they open to see if it's possible. In the off chance you can't unlock it and you can't use the code, I'd gladly put it to good use.

ok thanks!

ZenaxPure

PS3 Client Warning - Do not cancel it.

It does not continue from where you last started, as far as I can tell. It goes back to 0%.

I thought this was how all PS3 downloads worked? Can you not do a background download for it?

Also, my internet ;_; start the download when I went to sleep, wake up and it's only a little over 4 gigs downloaded. Still got a couple hours left, but I am under the assumption the servers will be crap for most of the day anyway.

I thought this was how all PS3 downloads worked? Can you not do a background download for it?

Also, my internet ;_; start the download when I went to sleep, wake up and it's only a little over 4 gigs downloaded. Still got a couple hours left, but I am under the assumption the servers will be crap for most of the day anyway.

Yeah, sadly that's PS3 downloads in general. Seems a lot of people are having troubles with the PS3 download connection :\

kiyomi

I cancelled the in-client download at about 100mb, to go to the XMB for something, and when I came back, it continued from that point.

However, I wouldn't advise trying it if you've already downloaded a significant chunk. I'm just saying that's my experience of it.

Kyon

Banned
Do you guys think deleting my EU SE account will break the link from my US PSN?

I just hope this doesnt carry over to phase 4

Entropia

No One Remembers
Got a beta invite this morning! Looks like you guys are on Ultros? I'll be making a char there later tonight probably.

Just received a Beta email for ... PS3 only?

I was hoping I would be in the PC one since I was in PC before.

Edit: Ah... it's both.

Hope to get a chance to play a bit tonight.

Have a writing assignment due and I obviously need to play a bit of The Last of Us as well.

I'm slightly disappointed that the new hairstyles are primarily just the hairstyles from other races, but I'm fine with this for now since they have plans to add more and you will be able to change it later. I tried a few of them but they just didn't feel right, possibly because I am already accustomed to seeing them on other races. The color options, sliders, and new toggles are great, and I actually got a little overwhelmed at the amount of variety compared to the previous betas. I really like the black/dark colored ear accents on the male Miqote but it appears to be missing from most of the newer hairstyles. I wonder if that was intentional?

I wish there was a way to easily reset a specific setting back to the default setting. The 'Previous' and 'Current' functions don't seem to be very helpful.

I settled on the character name Kuro Murakami (will be using a different forename at launch). I started in Ul'dah as a Pugilist to try out the class modifications and for a change of scenery. I plan on going THM/BLM for launch but PUG/MNK will be my second or third job after GLA/PLD or CON/WHM. It was raining in Ul'dah so it seems like dynamic weather is in. Yes! Loving the new theme. I was hit with a wave of nostalgia as the original music was playing on the way in. It made me feel kind of weird and brought back a lot of feelings about how much I hated 1.0 (spent a lot of time in Ul'dah... lol).

Sadly, I had to drag myself away from the keyboard and head to work. I'll be stuck here for about 8 hours but I'm going to be playing this all night and weekend. Can't wait!

mingus

Registered my beta code but I can't log in to the forums or the beta and it says my ID or password is incorrect?

nvm you can't use your email, have to use your square id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom