• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theta11

I was expecting more than 6 gigs.

Patches?

Does seem small but the 5.7gb is a multi part download and it stops to extract files when each part is done. I'll have to see how big the folder ends up when the download is finished.

Edit: The install folder is 7.2gb

Ferr986

So guys... I forgot my password of my SE account (where I have a 1.0 character), and I cant recover it (it doesnt accept my birthday, lord knows why...).

Is there any chat or email support about SE accounts? I have only found chat support for FFXI but not for general SE accounts.

theta11

I'm slightly disappointed that the new hairstyles are primarily just the hairstyles from other races, but I'm fine with this for now since they have plans to add more and you will be able to change it later. I tried a few of them but they just didn't feel right, possibly because I am already accustomed to seeing them on other races. The color options, sliders, and new toggles are great, and I actually got a little overwhelmed at the amount of variety compared to the previous betas. I really like the black/dark colored ear accents on the male Miqote but it appears to be missing from most of the newer hairstyles. I wonder if that was intentional?

I wish there was a way to easily reset a specific setting back to the default setting. The 'Previous' and 'Current' functions don't seem to be very helpful.

I settled on the character name Kuro Murakami (will be using a different forename at launch). I started in Ul'dah as a Pugilist to try out the class modifications and for a change of scenery. I plan on going THM/BLM for launch but PUG/MNK will be my second or third job after GLA/PLD or CON/WHM. It was raining in Ul'dah so it seems like dynamic weather is in. Yes! Loving the new theme. I was hit with a wave of nostalgia as the original music was playing on the way in. It made me feel kind of weird and brought back a lot of feelings about how much I hated 1.0 (spent a lot of time in Ul'dah... lol).

Sadly, I had to drag myself away from the keyboard and head to work. I'll be stuck here for about 8 hours but I'm going to be playing this all night and weekend. Can't wait!

See you there!

Mastamind

Has anyone tried out gamepad yet? How does it feel in comparison to m/kb. I hope to be able to move my ps3 to my office when the ps4 comes out so i can play this when i have free time.

LowParry

Wow, they've really put a performance boost with this game. Ul'dah populated runs so damn smooth. Though I don't know if I like the way Elezen move. Hmmm.

Emitan

Has anyone tried out gamepad yet? How does it feel in comparison to m/kb. I hope to be able to move my ps3 to my office when the ps4 comes out so i can play this when i have free time.

I tried it out in beta 2 and it works surprisingly well. I sort of prefer it to mouse and keyboard for the most part.

Does anyone know if the keys are tied to the emails they were sent to? A ps3 code came to my main email and a pc code came to my other account. Can I add both to my main account or do I have to have each set up separately?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So guys... I forgot my password of my SE account (where I have a 1.0 character), and I cant recover it (it doesnt accept my birthday, lord knows why...).

Is there any chat or email support about SE accounts? I have only found chat support for FFXI but not for general SE accounts.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1

If you select the correct options you can get chat support at the end. They wont be available for a few hours though.

LowParry

I'm very impressed so far with Phase 3 after a lot of time I spent with Phase 2. Though I think I was to go back and revisit the Shroud. Hot damn this game is good looking. DX11 needs to come fast.

Omnicent

PUG is pretty fun so far. Managed to hit lv 6 (before leaving for work) and the positioning needed for extra effects is nice once you can move through all the stances.

Does anyone know if there are any level jump npcs in phase 3 (those came in handy during phase 2)?

I'm very impressed so far with Phase 3 after a lot of time I spent with Phase 2. Though I think I was to go back and revisit the Shroud. Hot damn this game is good looking. DX11 needs to come fast.

DX11 would be great but the game still looks fantastic maxed out on PC. Right now I just want some better anti-aliasing. I know they are adding SSAA later but that's going to be really taxing on performance. Hopefully there will be a NVIDIA profile soon.

Tip for new players: Disable the 'Glare' option. It adds a really weird glow to everything and generally makes the game look worse. You can especially tell when looking at armor such as the Dragoon AF.

ebil

The servers are listed under maintenance (you can check "World" on the launcher), even though you weren't necessarily kicked. My client crashed and I haven't been able to log back in.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
And I'm here at this yakitori place with a Japanese birthday party going on.

My char should be kicked out because I left logged at home.

Pd: I just wanna get a sushi bento but you know, I love yakitori too

Sin

Is anybody still on?

I just got kicked out and now my Play button is grayed out with Undefined above it. Servers all show as under maintenance too.

BLCKATK

Finally kicked me out.

Well, I made a character on Ultros. Looking forward to playing with you guys once the servers are back up.

Character name - Lenz Sabre

Is anybody still on?

I just got kicked out and now my Play button is grayed out with Undefined above it. Servers all show as under maintenance too.

They're rebooting the servers. There was an in-game message explaining this a few minutes ago.

Dunan

Just tried to log on five minutes ago and for the "undefined" thing with all servers being down for maintenance.

If they're going up at 10 past the hour (just two minutes from now), I'll let the PS3 sit there running.

kiyomi

What do you mean in the way PSO 2 is?

PS3 and PC players can play FF XIV together on the same servers, party together and do all of the same stuff.

Thanks for answering. :D

I meant with PSO2, Vita players can play with PC. So I can play on my PS3 with someone who's on PC. That's awesome. Thanks.

ZiZ

phase 3 seems to be better performance wise, also they added hair and cloth physics.

surprised to see beastmen traders in Limsa.

do I have to reach level 10 before I can travel to Ul'dah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom