• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReconPeon

I've logged in to my account online and everything, and looked around but I have no idea where the freaking download link is.

And to the person asking, no I'm not legacy just normal 1.0.

kiyomi

Yeah, it looks like there's some progress being made.

It's now saved my character, I'm on the Ultros server, but when I get to the loading screen, it boots me back out to the menu. At least it's not kicking me back to the client startup again.

Character name is Mono Arithea.

hteng

Banned
damn the beta forums are getting hammered like hell, i can't even feedback.

I'm having issues with screen tearing even when my framerate is locked at 30, 60 or none. The issue also happens regardless of windowed, borderless windowed mode. I used third party to limit my framerate too but it doesn't fix the issue.

Jinko

Beta forums have gone to shit, everyone and their mother starting posts/threads about they can't log in lol.

/golf clap

hteng

Banned
Beta forums have gone to shit, everyone and their mother starting threads about they can't log in lol.

/golf clap

are you having this issue as well? sometimes I can retrieve JP server lists but not NA/EU server lists, other times I can retrieve NA/EU server lists but not JP server lists.

Seth

are you having this issue as well? sometimes I can retrieve JP server lists but not NA/EU server lists, other times I can retrieve NA/EU server lists but not JP server lists.

They just rebooted NA servers, although thats been several minutes ago...

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Are you supposed to have a different username/password for the beta forums? I can log into account management fine, but when I try to log onto the forums to download the client it just keeps telling me my login info is wrong.

mingus

Are you supposed to have a different username/password for the beta forums? I can log into account management fine, but when I try to log onto the forums to download the client it just keeps telling me my login info is wrong.

There's your email and then there's your square id, you have to use the latter.

zeitgeist

Woke up to a Beta invite for PS3.

Just a heads up, it looks like Canadians need to make a US PSN account to get the beta launcher download to work.

I got a code!

hmmm. problem is it looks like a PS3 beta code and I ticked both boxes (PC/PS3) when i applied a few months ago. is it possible to play the PC beta with this code?

gillty

Banned
Wow Square-Enix is on top of things this time.

Apparently the NA PSN redemption codes for the client are coming up invalid on Canadian accounts.

This is the first time I've ever heard of US PSN codes being invalid for Canadians. LOL SE.

Manbig

So I'm currently hanging out on the PS3 character creation screen unable to continue because it says that they blocked character creation on all the servers. Guessing it's just not gonna happen for a few hours, eh?

Random question while all this gets sorted out...

Is there a way to use the old ffxi keyboard controls? Where numpad is movement and arrow keys are camera control. I know it's not what most players want, but I wanna know if I have the option to set it up that way.

Wow Square-Enix is on top of things this time.

Apparently the NA PSN redemption codes for the client are coming up invalid on Canadian accounts.

This is the first time I've ever heard of US PSN codes being invalid for Canadians. LOL SE.

So glad someone brought this up. My PC one doesn't work because of some region problem (in other words I found out they gave me a code for the wrong region), and my PS3 one is showing up invalid on NA PSN and I'm from NA.

Either Square messed up, or like I said before I'm unlucky. Hope someone comes through with a fix or Square acknowledges it.

Ricker

Nice little calibration tool for the controller you have plugged in on the PC...so I see my Conjurer got wiped,what server are you guys on(if the linkshells are working...?)...by default it gave me the Amanos(sp?) server...

Soroc

I got a code!

hmmm. problem is it looks like a PS3 beta code and I ticked both boxes (PC/PS3) when i applied a few months ago. is it possible to play the PC beta with this code?

I got a single beta code and a code for the download on PS3. I downloaded both clients and setup the beta registration on my account and now have beta on both ps3 and pc with same code.

Read your email carefully and see if it provides links to both PC and PS3 "how to install"

gillty

Banned
ok, i registered my beta code but I can't find the client to download.
People...

untitled-1cslhu.png

PopInnovation

Neo Member
So I'm currently hanging out on the PS3 character creation screen unable to continue because it says that they blocked character creation on all the servers. Guessing it's just not gonna happen for a few hours, eh?

Also stuck here... lame. I want to play!! I'm going to wait a little while and hope it starts to work. I have snacks and everything ready :(

Edit: Hmm is this a server "error" or is it intentional? I think I can connect to a US server... might try that for tonight.

Munba

I'm speechless.
I think some of the new areas of LaNoscea are the most beatiful sceneries i ever seen in a videogame. Really. I'm crying..

ioYlMYesVrC4t.jpg

ii3u8um8hyczn.jpg

ibvVivSqSzFsAG.jpg

Ok the areas are not so big but... the details are ASTONISHING. And AA is still missing...

Kaizer

Banned
So I just tried to log onto the FFXIV Beta Forums as I remember registering for the PS3 Beta way back in September 2010. This is the message I got:

"You could not log in because that service account has been cancelled."

Uhh, what does that mean?

Caelestis

Got me a code as well for PS3. Just to check, if I were to go back to play at Sargatanas later, are new players allowed to join there as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom