• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

creid

Did anyone else notice this in the Lodestone article about materia?

Even after converting cracked materia, there is the possibility certain gear will see a decrease in effectiveness when compared to Version 1.0. To compensate for this loss, players will have the option to exchange any gear affixed with cracked materia for a special currency. The amount of currency received is based on the type of gear as well as the number of materia affixed. This currency can be exchanged for a variety of gear, such as those obtained in dungeons and primal battles, or darklight gear.
Don't think I have any gear good enough to trade in, but I'll have to check it out.

If anyone comes across an extra pc beta key let me know. I got in but my gf did not and Id like to snag her one before the weekend is over. Can trade a Dota 2 key if there's even anyone left that doesn't have one.

Zomba13

If I'm a legacy player I should be able to get into this phase right? It even shows my Legacy badge on my account but I don't see any link or code and I have nothing in my emails.

bunbun777

Well I jumped into Ultros, made a kitty thurm, Bun Buni. Had to log out though since I have errands and then off to see new supes movie. Will be on later tonight and will ask for invite.

Animekatt

Making a cross post from the thread in gaming:

Hmm... I'm trying to download the beta on my PS3, but there's a black screen. I can hear the prelude music, and I see the pointer arrow. Is this normal? I've tried restarting my system, but it's always this way when I turn the game on.

Alex

I will be on later, too. I just basically got mine made. Was able to nearly remake my 2003-2004-ish FFXI character, nostalgia wave when they put me in the WHM artifact armor in the intro.

Ravidrath

Did anyone else notice this in the Lodestone article about materia?

Yeah, it's interesting/good that the token system is cross-content. That should definitely help incentivize people that have "finished" content to go back and help others with it.

isual

playing on pstriple

loving the simplicity of the controls and gameplay.

i skipped the quests and went straight out of the village to do battle.

Seth

I wonder whats in here...

pe5v5Wrh.jpg

WBCu1G7h.jpg

rGSGokMh.jpg

Anyone know how to get to other starting cities? Trying to meet up with some friends and the ferry guy says Im too poor but I think he's just hating on my pink oven mits.

BlackJace

Alright I got past the update errors, but now it's just into the downloading failures I encountered during phase 2.

Sigh, I'll get to play it eventually.

Honestly, I feel like I must have done something wrong or my e-mail got lost (yes, I checked my spam folder) or something. Here's my situation:

Bought, registered, and played FFXIV 1.0 Collector's Edition (not Legacy though)
Registered the FFXIII code
Pre-ordered FFXIV 2.0 Collector's Edition for both PC and PS3
Applied for FFXIV 2.0 Beta for both PC and PS3 the day sign-ups went live
Have been in FFXIV 2.0 Beta for PC since the first day of Round 2
Currently subscribed to FFXI
Downloaded the FFXIV 2.0 trailer from PSN
All of these things done on the same account

Yet, I still haven't received an invite for the PS3 beta.

How is that even possible? Any one else in a similar situation?

Lucis

Did an interesting test during lunch:

Used chrome remote desktop connected to my home desktop and booted up FF14 to see if it works... apparently it worked pretty well. I won't call it completely playable, but it was definitely something that I didn't expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgc0idM5FEM

Host:
Windows 8 desktop at home
Computer used to play:
2012 Retina Mac Book Pro

Distance between two computers:
about 40 physical Miles

Sustained speed:
15-20mbps

Seth

Honestly, I feel like I must have done something wrong or my e-mail got lost (yes, I checked my spam folder) or something. Here's my situation:

Bought, registered, and played FFXIV 1.0 Collector's Edition (not Legacy though)

Pretty much same here. I have PC beta, but not PS3 though. However, a friend of mine received her PS3 code about an hour ago. I think they are still sending them.

Seth

Did an interesting test during lunch:

Used chrome remote desktop connected to my home desktop and booted up FF14 to see if it works... apparently it worked pretty well. I won't call it completely playable, but it was definitely something that I didn't expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgc0idM5FEM

Host:
Windows 8 desktop at home
Computer used to play:
2012 Retina Mac Book Pro

Distance between two computers:
about 40 physical Miles

Sustained speed:
15-20mbps

Thats pretty awesome. Careful though, I wouldn't make the video public on youtube just yet. They haven't released NDA for video and/or audio yet. I also have a ton of videos sitting on youtube that i can't release =(.

Lucis

Thats pretty awesome. Careful though, I wouldn't make the video public on youtube just yet. They haven't released NDA for video and/or audio yet. I also have a ton of videos sitting on youtube that i can't release =(.

Wait, for reals? =(
I thought phase3 means no more nda

Lucent

Can you take screen shots in the PS3 version? And what is materia used for in this? I know what it was for in FF7 but yeah it could be different for this.

Allard

Can you take screen shots in the PS3 version? And what is materia used for in this? I know what it was for in FF7 but yeah it could be different for this.

After a certain point in a crafters level you can partake in a quest to open up materia melding. On specific pieces you will have 'sockets' you can attach materia too and the item level will determine the max cap of stats you can get from a certain materia. Materia comes from a variety of sources but the primary means is spiritbonding to 100% converting the piece of gear to materia.

If you have ever played WoW, its like jewelcrafting and socketing, except only crafters can affix materia, and you get materia primarly from converting old gear into it. The materia you get is going to be based on the 'type' of gear. Crafting materia from gear that has crafting stats already on it, tank stats on tank equipment etc. Some of this is new info and you can find it on the lodestone, they just put a new article on how they function in ARR compared to 1.0.

LOL, I created my character on Ultros without knowing GAF would play there :( I'm kind of a noob though (haven't played MMOs since Lineage 2). Can I post my char name here and be added to some kind of group or does it work on a session by session/party basis? I tried the PS3 beta before, downloading on PC now.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Gonna be gone for a bit so if anyone needs an invite to the Ultros LS send a tell to one of the following:

Jinko Jinko
Dental Plan
Google Chrome

Synless

I fit into most of those categories except the 2.0 beta and being subscribed to FFXI. I didn't get an invite for either PC or PS3. My buddy I was gonna play with got one for PS3 and didn't do shit to get it. He has been teasing me about it all day. That said if anyone has an extra PS3 code, I would gladly take it. If I ever get an extra one emailed one day I will pass it on to someone else.

Hello!

I have a question. Does a quest limit exist?

I completed a quest and I can not accept the reward, I only can decline it.

Thanks.

Edit.

Dumb me.

I had to chose my reward :p

Allard

Hello!

I have a question. Does a quest limit exist?

I completed a quest and I can not accept the reward, I only can decline it.

Thanks.

Edit.

Dumb me.

I had to chose my reward :p

Well to answer your first question there is a quest limit :p but obviously you hadn't hit it yet. Think it was 25 or 50, can't remember which off hand since I haven't really been on since phase 1 of beta. Planning to join the fun/server frustration later tonight after I get done with work. Got two beta characters ready to go unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to get PS3 beta code like I wanted. I'll get it in phase 4 I guess.

Do we know how long phase 3 will be?

As long as needed (according to Yoshida) but if I was to guess, about a month or slightly more. There are 3 test phases in... phase 3, which they want to perform before they go longer testing phases to test server durability which alone could take a week or two to test properly.

ErichWK

Got my Beta Code, I can't seem to find information on whether or not I will be able to..or if I can how.. I can import my character from the original FFXIV.

Allard

Got my Beta Code, I can't seem to find information on whether or not I will be able to..or if I can how.. I can import my character from the original FFXIV.

Original Character importing won't occur till next weekend at the earliest. The Legacy servers are not live for this weekends test, its primarily a test of the PS3 client with all the new elements added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom