• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the arcanist has two potential job advancements, will other classes get another as well? As far as I know, each other class only has one job advancement.

Allard

I'm speechless.
I think some of the new areas of LaNoscea are the most beatiful sceneries i ever seen in a videogame. Really. I'm crying..

Ok the areas are not so big but... the details are ASTONISHING. And AA is still missing...

They mentioned in (I think new live letter?) that due to the new deferred lighting engine most common forms of AA won't work or work with glitchy results. They plan to have FXAA out at launch and are looking into another form of AA (which one I forget) for players to choose.

mileS

I'm a 1.0 CE player. Where the hell is my beta key...

We welcome all players from Version 1.0 to download the beta client and see the myriad changes in FFXIV: ARR.

* Additional information regarding how to participate in the beta test will be sent at a later date.

Ok why don't I have one yet and it seems like everyone else under the sun does?

Seth

Is it appropriate to post images in this thread?

p8WVWqDh.jpg

SwLj3U0h.jpg

docbon

Is there any way to set up a chat channel or somesuch so we can all talk to each other, or do we need to set up a guild first?

Teknoman

Is there any way to set up a chat channel or somesuch so we can all talk to each other, or do we need to set up a guild first?

Linkshell first.

Character name: Teknoman Blade (as usual) on Ultros for now.

Hopefully we can use our new saved character appearance on our legacy character. I like how he turned out.

PC performance is much much better now.

Dunan

Created two characters: Iorek MacDougal (in Ul'Dah, on Ramuh) and Nozomi Dunan (in Gridania, on Mandragora).

Wandered around just a bit -- these controls sure are hard ot get used to! And without a keyboard there's no chance of saying much using the PS3's phone-like text input (how do I input Japanese, BTW?).

Seems to be a little too much selecting and confirming when talking to ordinary folks. I'd like to see their words just pop up when you're near them (one of the few good innovations in FF13).

So much to learn: quests, battle commands, aetherite teleporting doohickeys. I played in both English and Japanese and all the text looks perfectly fine. The fonts sure are tiny, though. The English has a little more flavor than the Japanese, BTW.

I'm getting a bit of a FF12 vibe from this world, particularly the Dalmasca-like Ul'Dah (and Gridania reminds me of Myst IV), so this should be fun.

If GAF can settle on a server, I'll play that one every time. I think I'm going to hook my keyboard up to the PS3 and try playing that way, also.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Send a tell to one of the following in game:

Dega Emenis
Jinko Jinko
Google Chrome

For LS invite on Ultros.

My friend got invited into the beta, I did not :(

He has never played XIV before and he won't play it when it goes pay to play either, what the hell :(

Anyone kind enough to share a pc key?

Someone is streaming the game, isn't that against the nda? Not showing anything now because of maintenance but he was earlier.

EDIT, nm he took it down lol

Got into the PS3 beta. Game seems great but how do you flip the up/down camera on the controller? Can't seem to find out where exactly... anybody?

How is this game? My friend was very mad after hours he played the original FFXIV, collector's edition.

Btw, if anyone has a free PC key, please let me know. My friend's b day is a week!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How is this game? My friend was very mad after hours he played the original FFXIV, collector's edition.

Btw, if anyone has a free PC key, please let me know. My friend's b day is a week!

Honestly, it's awesome. WAY WAY better than that turd FFXIV.

dark_chris

Since I see you guys choosing servers, Ill decide on Ultros as well!

I woke up to get my PS3 code today! I am real happy. =)
Can't wait to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom