• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING!!

Holy crap so much frustration and so many accounts created. It turns out I entered the beta through Kotaku back in January and their link that you click on sent me to the EUROPE beta registration. So when I got my code, I got a Europe code. All I had to do was make a different SE account and make my region UK. So I guess I'll be on the Europe server when I get on. Geez freakin Kotaku messed me up, I was about to give the code away for a second.

Thanks to that random forum post I saw on Gamefaqs.

Munba

I love the fact that the pattern of clouds change EVERY time. I see a different cloud sky everytime (la noscea side).. :0

Like the sky colors and the distance-'fog' in the horizons too.

Allard

I love the fact that the pattern of clouds change EVERY time. I see a different cloud sky everytime (la noscea side).. :0

Like the sky colors and the distance-'fog' in the horizons too.

You also notice the clouds a lot more because they actually shadow the light source and are semi volumetric. I remember in phase 1-2 when it was just getting out of cloudy weather the sun would become shadowed when a tiny cloud went over it, yet in the foreground you could see the sun peaking through. That plus the trees moving with 'wind' it was a great immersive feast. I especially liked it in the city.

BlackJace

Yeah, I'm giving up. Every time I try and download the update I get the "A problem occurred while updating" error. It always seems to conk out at around 1.4 GBs.

This is the same thing I ran into during phase 2, but was solved by deleting the most recent patch data. Now that doesn't even work because of nothing even existing in the patch folders to delete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ddd Monkey. If anyone can send for a Gaf linkshell invite. This feels like Terra but the hunter/archer mechanics feels like WoW with all the kiting and autoshot timing.

Asturie

I am downloading the beta, but its only downloading at .20MB/s, has anybody else been experiencing really slow update speeds?

BlackJace

Dont forget to hit the official beta forums for tech issues and feedback.

Lord knows I have, but the forums are freaking useless.

A lot of the topics share my same problem, but literally every single reply is along the lines of

"OMG me too"
"Same for me :("
"Yea it happens to me too"
"Same"

Abandond

Damn, I spent like 15 minutes making my character and of course I decide to check after making it to see if there's a server GAF plays on.

Is someone on to invite?

Damn, I spent like 15 minutes making my character and of course I decide to check after making it to see if there's a server GAF plays on.

Is someone on to invite?

Just save the appearance from the first time you made it, when you go to create another char you can choose that appearance without having to make it again.

Abandond

Just save the appearance from the first time you made it, when you go to create another char you can choose that appearance without having to make it again.

Oh, awesome. I totally forgot about that. Just made a new character on Ultros. The name is Lydea Krosa.

Also, it was hilarious hearing 'mhm' about 5 times in a row.

Abandond

So uh, why aren't you guys putting some pics up? Those of us who didn't get in want to see the beauty of the game!

I just started but I'll work on getting some pictures from a few different places.

Also if someone could invite me to the guild, that would be great. Name: Lydea Krosa.

UrSuLeTzU

I'm on ps3, just made a character on Ultros, Denisa Petra(amusing alias indeed, lol). Framerate is pretty dippy but the rest is pretty impressive for a ps3 mmo.

Abandond

I'm on ps3, just made a character on Ultros, Denisa Petra(amusing alias indeed, lol). Framerate is pretty dippy but the rest is pretty impressive for a ps3 mmo.

I tried adding you but it says you can't be found. Maybe you'll need to complete the tutorial first. Since we both just started, we could play together or something if you'd like.

Kientin

So, I got a legacy account and I really wasn't interested in hopping in phase one or two. Now I'm kinda interested in looking around in phase three. After looking around in how to get in as a legacy member it seems like I don't have to apply and I'm already in and I wouldn't doubt that as I have got emails about the times different phases are going on. However, I think I stupidly deleted the email with the code awhile back as I can't find it anywhere. I'm guessing I'm screwed, but I thought I might as well ask. For all you legacy members here did you find the code in your email or was it somewhere else?

Lucent

PS3 version looks and runs like ass now that I can max out the PC version at 50 FPS ;~;

lol. That's all I can do is use the PS3 version because my laptop would die. The character models close up look great to me. I'll get the PS4 version whenever that comes out because I'm sure it'll be at least on par with the PC version. I would hope so anyway.

And I still can't find the screenshot function anywhere. =l

Lucent

Hmm okay playing it a bit more I guess graphically it's fine, but the framerate seems pretty bad.

I could kinda tell it would be from the videos I've seen where it'd switch between PS3 and PC. You could totally guess which one it was before it told you but it's not bad. It'll do until the eventual PS4 version. I think it just looks worse in the bright areas outside.

Shouta

Roegadyn females are really nice looking.

Also, I lol'd hard at the FF4 reference in the Ul'Dah opening sequence.

Lucent

Lucent Lite in Ultros. But I'm probably not gonna get to deep if we're getting wiped. Just gonna try to see as much as I can between this and Phase 4.

Mastamind

Square enix is being mean to the master race :(

wdmdUvA.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. 7 hours and 40 mins or so to download the entire thing? D:

Can I get an invite to the guild? My name is Mrfunny Guy

I tried to message the people recommended to get into the guild but trying to do that is a nightmare. I've never messaged someone in an MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom