• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

How do you actually send tells? I keep pulling command errors.

If someone could just invite me, if anyone reads this thread and can, kindly do so. My character is Maple Inne.

Alex

/tell XXX XXXX
/t XXX XXXX

Been doing that and whisper and every variant I could think of. Maybe it just displays a generic error if the person is offline or something.

Quick other Q while I'm here, is there a shortcut for the map on the controller?

Qvoth

dunno, i'm using kb+m
and i suggest asking in the beta 3 impressions thread on gaming, that thread seems more populated

Jijidasu

Anyone had trouble with the Lv15~17 fight?

I have SweetFX running now, too, if anyone cares. Looks gorgeous with SweetFX at 1440p.

zeitgeist

Anyone try using the small keyboard attachment for the PS3 controller?

I don't have any way to talk to anyone right now except the on screen keyboard and that takes forever.

Qvoth

Yep its hard, as pug did the first quest of the uldah one at 14 just letting the npc kill everything and running away. Got past the first part of the second quest and got kill by the lvl 16 mob becuase of really strong poison, going to try again tho

oh that one, i remember the lnc one was really hard too
i'm pretty sure you're supposed to level up your other classes to get some skills to make the fight easier

Jijidasu

I can't actually get into that fight now because of the crowds of people spamming it. Is that a block so I can't level any more or are there other zones that facilitate that range?

B-Dex

Yep its hard, as pug did the first quest of the uldah one at 14 just letting the npc kill everything and running away. Got past the first part of the second quest and got kill by the lvl 16 mob becuase of really strong poison, going to try again tho

Yoshida said to keep all the pots and antidotes :p

Alex

I'm so early in, mostly dinking around, but I have to say that I can't believe they seemingly pulled this off. The quality of design and general level of subtle usability and quality of life in so many facets of the game are really shocking me, I mean it's the antithesis of FFXI and XIV 1.0. I mean, it's still pretty much just another WoW-era MMO but it has a lot of style and heart and more meaningful subtle design to it that makes it so much more fun to stick with thus far, which is pretty much what all the WoW-clones lacked. It also has so many nice quirks and callbacks to the FFXI nostalgia in me.

It'll be very curious to see how it holds up over time, post-release. Hopefully this kind of care is met with some success, as well.

I have SweetFX running now, too, if anyone cares. Looks gorgeous with SweetFX at 1440p.

If you're talking about the (Ul'dah story spoiler?)
Masked Mage and his 'Violator' looking pet
I just out-ranged the caster and kited the big mob and had a hi pot + antidote for his venom.

As for my initial Phase 3 impressions; Awesome, everything feels fast, fluid and flashy now. Tanking feels good, guildhest are pretty fun so far and I'm enjoying the way they let you sync your level down for content that you out-level (FATE, lower level guildhest).

Jijidasu

If you're talking about the (Ul'dah story spoiler?)
Masked Mage and his 'Violator' looking pet
I just out-ranged the caster and kited the big mob and had a hi pot + antidote for his venom.

As for my initial Phase 3 impressions; Awesome, everything feels fast, fluid and flashy now. Tanking feels good, guildhest are pretty fun so far and I'm enjoying the way they let you sync your level down for content that you out-level (FATE, lower level guildhest).

Yeah,
I'll try not aggro the Masked Mage next time

However, getting in there is bloody hard. It's camped to hell.

How did you manage to get SweetFX working? I've been trying to mess with it for the past two hours after reading your post, lol. I can't seem to make it work. Tried the stand alone install, the GUI bundle, and even RadeonPro. Nothing works.

Jijidasu

I just fiddled around with the injectors for a bit. Someone people say use this or that, I found that Boulotaur2024's injector (google should give you a link) makes it work.

This piece of art was on my launcher:
KvZBe8M.jpg

Nice, eh?

Teknoman

Cant wait to see what the Magitek Train looks like. Its also interesting that its a common thing now. Also its crazy much being able to actually look off a cliff, see people fighting in the distance, then jump off said cliff to help, adds to the overall experience.

Jijidasu

I'm a little curious how many zones we'll have at launch. Currently all the zones spread from Lv.1 to around 40, right? I really hope Coerthas isn't beat down into one zone like some of the rumours suggest.

I'm a little curious how many zones we'll have at launch. Currently all the zones spread from Lv.1 to around 40, right? I really hope Coerthas isn't beat down into one zone like some of the rumours suggest.

Pretty sure I've snuck past some mid 40s mobs but don't think I've seen 50 around anywhere yet.

koji kabuto

At my job right now, Can't wait to get back home to start playing again, I'v never had this kind of excitement since the days of FFXI!

Munba

I was reading somewhere coerthas and mordhona are composed by 2 areas each. But dunno if it was confirmed (the info was from recent B3 dats).

Mastamind

oh that one, i remember the lnc one was really hard too
i'm pretty sure you're supposed to level up your other classes to get some skills to make the fight easier

None of the low level skills are useful on pug. Cant equip any spells and rampart isnt usuable on pug.

Yoshida said to keep all the pots and antidotes :p

Had antidotes, got poisoned a second time before the timer was halfway done. The poison was doing about 20+ a tick :(

I think i'm just going to level a bit

accx

Are any of you guys experiencing nvidia driver crashes?
It seems to only be affecting me in ffxiv. Furmark and occt runs fine. Other games as well.
I've been reading about disabling dof/shadows but haven't gotten around testing it.

EDIT:
seems like it might've been bad drivers.. reverted to another set and it's working just fine now.

How do you actually send tells? I keep pulling command errors.

If someone could just invite me, if anyone reads this thread and can, kindly do so. My character is Maple Inne.

Your name is maple Inne, dude I've been seeing you everywhere lol. Actually I've been seeing a lot of gaffers on here, though I changed my character so I probably won't see you guys much anymore. I got started in some dessert place instead of the woods this time.

I'm curious if any voice acting will be in this game. There seemed to be some in the trailers, but I havent run across any in game yet.

Ferr986

For those 1.0 players who didnt get a code

Greetings,

We've been investigating the issue throughout the day, so I apologize for the delay in getting a response for you.

There are a few things I'd like you to confirm (even though some are obvious) just to be sure:
Check your email spam filter to ensure it wasn't caught there
Confirm that the email address registered on your Square Enix account "E-mail address 1" is up to date as this is where we delivered the notification. If this is out of date, you will need to contact the Support Center .
The email is being sent from noreply@xmail.square-enix.com if you can search for that in your email as well.

If you were unable to locate the email, we request that you contact the Support Center so that they can assist you personally. I'm extremely sorry that this may impact your ability to play during this weekend's test and we're continuing to investigate the issue and will report back as soon as we have more details to share.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...m!-Help!-No-Beta-Emails?p=1003001#post1003001

I sent two emails to support but I think they're not working till monday. So next week for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom