• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cetra

I'm curious if any voice acting will be in this game. There seemed to be some in the trailers, but I havent run across any in game yet.

Yoshi stated that the voiceovers will not be present in Beta phases due to copywright issues or some such. They will be present in the release version of the game.

BlackJace

Whelp, requested a ticket for Square's support desk.

I really hope this same client isn't going to be in for the final version, or else I'm going to have to pass.

Jijidasu

I was reading somewhere coerthas and mordhona are composed by 2 areas each. But dunno if it was confirmed (the info was from recent B3 dats).

Hm. That's interesting. Better than one zone only per region. Have a link to the source? Interested to have a read.

Onemic

I can't download the beta client because the stupid SE account system is fucked. It keeps telling me my password is incorrect even though I'm inputting the right thing. I've changed my password twice now and every time I try to log in it tells me the password is incorrect even though I just changed it.

Milly79

I can't download the beta client because the stupid SE account system is fucked. It keeps telling me my password is incorrect even though I'm inputting the right thing. I've changed my password twice now and every time I try to log in it tells me the password is incorrect even though I just changed it.

User name, not email. Was having the same issue.

falastini

Did they revamp the Archer yet? I remember people complaining about it during phase two. I didn't know if the changes are in this build as I never played it before.

It seems kind of boring... at least initially. I get a few more skills soon, so hopefully that picks up.

I think I'm settling on Highlander for release. I enjoy the Galkas but they make awkward casters. Also, this is a weird gripe, but their jump animation is awkward. They stick their legs out as if they're jumping onto a chocobo or something.

Jinko

Absolutely loving the changes to Thm, tried some Guildhest out with Gaffers today and they are surprisingly well done, small scale boss fights :)

Little things like the quest to dye armour and the new socketed items is great to see also.

So, uh, am I doing something wrong?

I was in Gridania, started as a Lancer. Quests ALL over. So many quests to do. Got level 11, came to Ul'dah to pick up Pugilist. Not very many quests. Finally got to level 11, no quests at all, they won't give me leves, I can't do anything.

Except grind. :/

I must be doing something wrong, because people are leveling to 20 and stuff all around me.

Ravidrath

Absolutely loving the changes to Thm, tried some Guildhest out with Gaffers today and they are surprisingly well done, small scale boss fights :)

Little things like the quest to dye armour and the new socketed items is great to see also.

Yeah, the THM changes are pretty cool - balancing between the Astral Fire and Umbral Ice is an interesting mechanic, and also makes the class a lot more viable in long fights.

Kinda irked that Thunder is just a DOT spell now, but I'll live.

I was in Gridania, started as a Lancer. Quests ALL over. So many quests to do. Got level 11, came to Ul'dah to pick up Pugilist. Not very many quests. Finally got to level 11, no quests at all, they won't give me leves, I can't do anything.

I must be doing something wrong, because people are leveling to 20 and stuff all around me.

Should be able to follow the main quest and breadcrumbs around it till forever. Like I haven't stopped doing quests and I'm over 20 now.

Also remember, you need to be on the map you are looking at to see quests on it. Surprised you don't see quests though since everywhere I got there are a ton now that are lower level for next job.

Emitan

Wow this game actually has my IRL hairstyle~

ffxiv2013-06-1518-18-jryrh.png

LowParry

Yeah, the THM changes are pretty cool - balancing between the Astral Fire and Umbral Ice is an interesting mechanic, and also makes the class a lot more viable in long fights.

Kinda irked that Thunder is just a DOT spell now, but I'll live.

The buff from blizzard seems to be a bit to powerful. Tera in game pointed that out to me and Fire is a beast now with your trans...whatever spell that changes the effect of your buff. The regen is too good where I can spam Fire all the time without my MP going down.

Ravidrath

The buff from blizzard seems to be a bit to powerful. Tera in game pointed that out to me and Fire is a beast now with your trans...whatever spell that changes the effect of your buff. The regen is too good where I can spam Fire all the time without my MP going down.

I think that's going to need a lot more actual strategy once you unlock multiple levels of Fire and Ice, though.

notworksafe

PUG is pretty dope, not gonna lie. The stance stuff is neat, even though I'm still low level. Also really liking the controller scheme. It's just as good as KB/M on PC imo.

Londa Gaf on Ultros if anyone wants to invite/say hi.

LowParry

I think that's going to need a lot more actual strategy once you unlock multiple levels of Fire and Ice, though.

Well Blizzard II is just an AoE around yourself while Fire II is a ranged AoE. I haven't seen much use of these expect for some parts where you need to just AoE small mobs like crazy. That's where Blizzard II comes in real handy while you regen like a boss.

But I understand what they're trying to do in terms of having you rotate though spells.

Emitan

PS3 version froze on me :/

Honestly the more I play the PS3 version the more I'm impressed. It doesn't look as nice or run as well as my PC but it's totally playable and still manages to look good for a console MMO.

LowParry

I may not end up playing as "Dark Elf" come Phase 4. Probably back to my normal default MMO name I've been playing for years. Eh we'll see.

Damnit, my sound stopped working, so I quit out. Now when I try to start the patcher it says Unable to Update Patch Files. :(

Edit: Fixed this by deleting the folders/files in Documents\my games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)\downloads\ffxivpatch

Gaffers..please halp! I have a few questions...

Three of my buddies and I are all 1.0 players but they are on Sargatanas and I am on Hyperion.

1. Will I be able to transfer my 1.0 toon to their server? and if so does anyone know when?

2. If I do decide to create a new toon, will I only have access to the "new" servers or what-not?

This whole thing has me confused right now, I really just want to play with my friends.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Gaffers..please halp! I have a few questions...

Three of my buddies and I are all 1.0 players but they are on Sargatanas and I am on Hyperion.

1. Will I be able to transfer my 1.0 toon to their server? and if so does anyone know when?

2. If I do decide to create a new toon, will I only have access to the "new" servers or what-not?

This whole thing has me confused right now, I really just want to play with my friends.

1. Yes, supposedly between phase 3 & 4 I think.
2. No, you can choose to join Sargatanas with a new character.

Alur

This has actually been quite fun. I've played on both Ultros and Cactuar, tons of folks on each. Kind of sad it's ending tonight. I love early MMO times (beta + launch), always the best part IMO.

I have had some issues with my GeForce 660 GT crashing out though, and extremely noisy at times otherwise. It runs like butter, but it seems to be messing with it in some fashion. Anyone else had the same issue?

I may not end up playing as "Dark Elf" come Phase 4. Probably back to my normal default MMO name I've been playing for years. Eh we'll see.

I have like 5 go to names that I've used for mmos. Took me forever to come up with them, like literally hours for some just staring at the name screens in other mmos. Had no fucking clue of what to do about a last name for any of them, and still can't think of anything that doesn't sound full stupid, so just picked a joke name for beta. Jokes on me, I ended up liking it.

PopInnovation

Neo Member

Have you been doing the Hunters Log? That gives a nice chunk of exp and adds a quest element to "grinding" for a while. Also don't forget to jump in on FATEs.

Akuosa

You went to another city far too early and didn't follow the main story quests either, those unlock many others, and start in your starting city. You should go back and and follow those, they will take you to the other cities very soon by themselves too, at around 15, unlock leves, the airships, guildhests and all that. Trying to run too much wil only hinder you actually, you're still at the "tutorial" levels.

Riposte

People making lines for fellowship quests was one of my highlights of FFXI. It is funny because at that point only 1% probably really cared about fellows (me being one of them).

You went to another city far too early and didn't follow the main story quests either, those unlock many others, and start in your starting city. You should go back and and follow those, they will take you to the other cities very soon by themselves too, at around 15, unlock leves, the airships, guildhests and all that. Trying to run too much wil only hinder you actually, you're still at the "tutorial" levels.

Ah!

Okay, I'll go be a lancer again then.

Alur

How viable is the PS3 version of this game, or do we have any PS3 folks around? I think it would be pretty interesting playing an MMO in that fashion after all these years.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
How viable is the PS3 version of this game, or do we have any PS3 folks around? I think it would be pretty interesting playing an MMO in that fashion after all these years.

I'm playing on PS3 and I absolutely love it. Controls are great, only extra thing I'd recommend is a usb keyboard for chatting.

Quick question: Do only legacy characters get the option of using their old characters? I have a friend who wasn't Legacy but still had a character. Is she out of luck?

Alex

Had good fun with the beta, didn't get to progress all that much, but it was all a blast... up until that bugged quest where people made the line!

Will try to put some more time in next week, are they wiping week to week or is it just between phases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom