• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunan

Also, does anyone recommend a good Bluetooth keyboard for PS3? I was looking at the Amazon Basics keyboard since it was relatively inexpensive: http://amzn.com/B005EOWBKE

Sure about not having a number pad? The camera is assigned to 4 (left) and 6 (right). Unless you're going to use a controller but use the keypad just for text.

I used a controller last weekend and am thinking about trying with a keyboard next time. The battle commands at the bottom of the screen gave precedence to the controller even though I also had a keyboard plugged in.

Heysoos

So I'm trying to register my beta registration code, but the site is being an ass. It keeps saying my id or password is incorrect... but it's not. I just signed on to the squenix ffxiv website like three times with the same input and this other site keeps saying it's wrong..

I'm using my id not my email to sign in also.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol, random googling brings me this page:

http://www.thestaronions.com/index.php?/topic/3377-screenshots-or-it-didnt-happen/?p=110360

Back in the day, I used to wear my sexy armor and /stretch for people. Good times.

SC9CBgzl.jpg

Is there still sexy armor? Perhaps...even sexier armor? I might need to update my wardrobe.

Ah, memories.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

That's a lot of skin. According to my MMO encyclopedia, that means it has really high defense too, according to the MMO Law of Surface Area/Defense Inverse Proportionality.

I am intrigued.

Emitan

Will Arcanist be a starting class or will we have to unlock it somehow? The fact that it's not in the beta makes me think you can't start as one.

Teknoman

Will Arcanist be a starting class or will we have to unlock it somehow? The fact that it's not in the beta makes me think you can't start as one.

Should be a start, I just dont think they've included it yet. Then again, maybe it will be open after you unlock class changing and go buy a book...or something.

Ravidrath

It'll be a starting class, and their guild is in Limsa Lominsa.

But unlike the other classes, it's completely new to the game. They're still working on it, which is why it's not available yet.

vivin

Should be a start, I just dont think they've included it yet. Then again, maybe it will be open after you unlock class changing and go buy a book...or something.

How does class changing happen now? its not as simple as equipping the weapon from said class anymore?

I just wonder as a mate of mine actually made 2 characters because he thought it was 1 class per character, and nothing in game told him otherwise

Emitan

But unlike the other classes, it's completely new to the game. They're still working on it, which is why it's not available yet.

Oh, okay. I never played 1.0 so I didn't know it was completely original.

Teknoman

How does class changing happen now? its not as simple as equipping the weapon from said class anymore?

I just wonder as a mate of mine actually made 2 characters because he thought it was 1 class per character, and nothing in game told him otherwise

Its still like that, but they make you go through a few levels and "tutorials" before they give you the ability to start switching classes. Or at least thats how I remember it last phase. Honestly I havent tried another weapon during this test.

Riposte

Pretty much this. After the E3 showing, I guess I was just expecting an opinion on the title one way or the other from the major media outlets, but I'm not seeing it. For example, on Friday's Weekend Confirmed podcast they had a little blurb to say about every other title at SE's booth except for XIV. They even had something to say about Elder Scrolls online how they were impressed how much it has improved since last years showing. Just seemed odd to me as a numbered FF title, not much has been said from anyone.]

Just following the tradition of ignoring Final Fantasy MMOs (despite FFXI being the 2nd biggest MMO for around 8 to 10 years).

chris-013

Once you finished the class quest at lv10, they told you can you train every class in the game. Then, you just need to talk to the receptionist in each guild !

Its still like that, but they make you go through a few levels and "tutorials" before they give you the ability to start switching classes. Or at least thats how I remember it last phase. Honestly I havent tried another weapon during this test.

Unless they added "weathered" weapons to the vendors, it wouldn't be possible to do that anyway.

To be able to change classes you have to have completed the storyline up to lv 10 and your lv 10 class quest, if I remember correctly.

It doesn't take very long to do that, though and then you're free to join any guild you want.

Riposte

It got MMO of show by Destructoid(?), so thats something I guess.

Wasn't that from a former FFXI player? Back in the day, the only press I recall seeing was from... what his name - the guy who got a bunch of Final Fantasy themed stuff for his wedding, he was a regular player. That's the only way the game was ever going to be mentioned.

Jinko

Basically you have to get to lvl 10 in your starting class to unlock the ability to change class now, after which you will need to go to the class guild you want to change to and do the first quest, where they will give you a starter weapon and ask you to equip it.

Pretty basic stuff but does require that your read the help pop ups, something a lot of people don't bother to do.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Limsa will finally have combat classes other than Yarrrr pirates lol.

I hope they do something with the gun guys though...they look neat.

Riposte

It didn't hit me until now, but this releasing on PS4 could be a big deal. It will be out less than 6 months after the console is launched (aka the "launch window"), making it a prime attraction for someone looking for games - especially games called Final Fantasy. It will have the benefit of being out for nearly half a year at that point, meaning the worst of the kinks would ironed out and one or two patches of content will have launched. XIV on PS3 feels doomed to its own corner on a fading system, just one of many Final Fantasy releases.

If they were smart, they would get that trial up and running by the time the PS4 version comes out.

Kinda wish I wrote down all the stuff I picked when making my character. I wanna keep him like he is. Probably won't be that hard for me to recreate him but yeah.

You can save appearances, and a new benchmark is coming out that'll include the character creator, and you can save the characters you make there and import their look into the full game. :3

Teknoman

You can save appearances, and a new benchmark is coming out that'll include the character creator, and you can save the characters you make there and import their look into the full game. :3

I just hope our saved beta phase 3 appearance carries over so we can change our 1.0 appearance.

Didn't it link you to the beta forum? I'd paste the link for you but I'm not sure if it's allowed.

I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed. It's behind a login wall anyway:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php

Look for the Test Client Download link.

Don't forget to login using your Square-Enix ID, not your email. I still don't get why you can login using email in the account management but not in the forum...

Emitan

:O

I'm gonna spend more time creating characters than playing the game >_>

Heysoos

I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed. It's behind a login wall anyway:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php

Look for the Test Client Download link.

Don't forget to login using your Square-Enix ID, not your email. I still don't get why you can login using email in the account management but not in the forum...

I see, I was completely ignoring the log in to forums step. Thought it was just for feedback so I was holding off on that.

Thanks!

Norua

Banned
Does anyone have a link to a chart listing the base stats of each race / class (or factions, I don't remember how they're named)?

I wish I could do only 1 character but obviously my Lalafell with his 10 base str isn't going to make a good Warrior, is he?

I'll mainly play casters jobs but it would be nice to avoid creating a second character and do everything all over again in order to enjoy the melee jobs for a while.

If you created a character in phase 3, and you saved it to one of the slots, you'll see a data file here -

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\my games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)

with a file name like this - FFXIV_CHARA_BETA01.dat

Emitan

Benchmark's performance on this new laptop wasn't very good but I know the full game is more optimized so I should be running it around PS3 level performance.

omlet

Does anyone have a link to a chart listing the base stats of each race / class (or factions, I don't remember how they're named)?

I wish I could do only 1 character but obviously my Lalafell with his 10 base str isn't going to make a good Warrior, is he?

I'll mainly play casters jobs but it would be nice to avoid creating a second character and do everything all over again in order to enjoy the melee jobs for a while.

Starting base racial stat differences ain't gonna make any real difference when you're level 50 and pieces of gear have 30+ of a stat on them. Your lala will make a fine warrior if you play right.

I'm gonna enjoy showing up other monks and paladins with my moonkitty and her mage-preferred base stats. :>

Ravidrath

Starting base racial stat differences ain't gonna make any real difference when you're level 50 and pieces of gear have 30+ of a stat on them. Your lala will make a fine warrior if you play right.

I'm gonna enjoy showing up other monks and paladins with my moonkitty and her mage-preferred base stats. :>

Racial stat difference only exist to torment RPG nerds - I really wish they would stop that shit.

But, yeah, the stat differences are going to be incredibly minor between all your gear and materia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom