• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Not sure, but I would imagine the Legacy servers will be added back on Friday and we'll just go back to those...?
From the OP I got the impression legacy players could choose a new legacy and that GAF decided on X. I'm a noob, but I'm talking to a legacy friend with a bunch of legacy friends and she's mentioned in the past xfers for merging servers went bad and was afraid there'd be lameness.

ebil

From the OP I got the impression legacy players could choose a new legacy and that GAF decided on X. I'm a noob, but I'm talking to a legacy friend with a bunch of legacy friends and she's mentioned in the past xfers for merging servers and was afraid there'd be lameness.
Legacy Characters will be able to transfer at the beginning of Phase 4. Phase 3 is just for testing character data.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Legacy Characters will be able to transfer at the beginning of Phase 4. Phase 3 is just for testing character data.
Test char data as in playing the toons?

Transfer as in picking whatever legacy server you want to be on the same server with your friends? JP to NA?

ebil

Test char data as in playing the toons?

Transfer as in picking whatever legacy server you want to be on the same server with your friends? JP to NA?
Exactly.

Phase 3's purpose is to make sure nothing is corrupted or lost during the importing process.

Phase 4 will have Legacy and new players alike pick their server for release since progress will carry over. Legacy characters can only transfer to a Legacy server. New characters can play on whatever server they want.

Figured I'd ask here as well:

Quick question: since I played the Beta originally on the PS3, as per the e-mail I can download the PC client and log in and play it on PC without any issues this friday? If I log into my same account, will my character from the PS3 version show up on PC?

Wanna see how my PC handles the game.

omlet

From the OP I got the impression legacy players could choose a new legacy and that GAF decided on X. I'm a noob, but I'm talking to a legacy friend with a bunch of legacy friends and she's mentioned in the past xfers for merging servers went bad and was afraid there'd be lameness.

It's important to make sure the distinction between a player with a legacy status account (has the "legacy" status for the sub plan perks in ARR), a legacy player (has an account from 1.x, may or may not have legacy status), and a legacy character (a character from 1.x version of the game, regardless of level or status of the account it belongs to). Similarly, a legacy server (or world) is a world from 1.x that is being migrated to ARR.

The character/world restrictions are for legacy characters/worlds only, not legacy players or players with legacy accounts.

desu

Question. From that DE/German beta code facebook giveaway thing, do those codes work on NA accounts? Just wondering.

PC codes are not region locked, PS3 codes are. I read some people saying they were working on their UK account (PS3), but no clue if they really do.

Riposte

People undecided whether they should join a legacy or fresh server should come play with the legacy folk and see how that is like.

Ala Alba

People undecided whether they should join a legacy or fresh server should come play with the legacy folk and see how that is like.

They might have to wait until phase 4, though, since new characters aren't being allowed on legacy servers (for at least this coming test).

LowParry

Fresh is the way to go. I hate being behind the curve and catching up with people.

And there's always those people who play to get to first lvl this, group raiding that. It's unavoidable no matter where you go really.

That's my plan. I see more benefit and I'm still going to get that new experience with the game. Just that I'll have the option to get a little more help on the side if I need. As for end game, who knows. That depends on the Legacy players if they're going to go straight into that or level up a new job.

Ferr986

Im just worried that the legacy servers will be more expensive.
I have a legacy character, but I was broke as fuck.

Im just worried that the legacy servers will be more expensive.
I have a legacy character, but I was broke as fuck.

I was a poor fucker in 1.0 and I managed quite well for an economy that was broken beyond help, with people that had millions and millions of gil.

Not saying it won't be a problem, but no need to had such fear. You can play a legacy server in pahse 4 and if you don't like it change to a new one.

solaaire

Neo Member
PC codes are not region locked, PS3 codes are. I read some people saying they were working on their UK account (PS3), but no clue if they really do.

I don't think this is entirely true. I used my UK psn account to register the facebook code, and then to start the small initial download. After that, I was able to log out of my UK account into my US psn account, fire up the patcher and login with my US Square-Enix account, which then linked my two US accounts together.

Mastamind

You will be broke, but at the same time you will be rich quick if you get into crafting ;)

Are you sure? The crafted items didnt look like anything special. Quest rewards give crafted items and dungeons drop better items for the level. Does this change past 20 or any of the higher levels?

www.xivdb.com

I would love to gather and craft for my own benefit and gil (mostly gil).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Are you sure? The crafted items didnt look like anything special. Quest rewards give crafted items and dungeons drop better items for the level. Does this change past 20 or any of the higher levels?

www.xivdb.com

I would love to gather and craft for my own benefit and gil (mostly gil).

People tend to buy gear to materia meld

Ravidrath

People tend to buy gear to materia meld

Interestingly, it looks like the pre-Relic weapons are equipable by jobs now, too.

So I expect those will be popular high-level crafted items - probably the best craftable weapons at the moment.

Was that happening at low levels too or does quickly outleveling gear stop people from caring about materia till a certain level?

People mostly only cared about Tier 3 and 4 materia in the higher levels in 1.0, but level capped fights could change that.

ZiZ

I was a poor fucker in 1.0 and I managed quite well for an economy that was broken beyond help, with people that had millions and millions of gil.

Not saying it won't be a problem, but no need to had such fear. You can play a legacy server in pahse 4 and if you don't like it change to a new one.

same here, I didn't care much about gil until people started expecting double melds.

maxing a crafter and gatherer is one of the first things I'll focus on in ARR. need to get them house monies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Interestingly, it looks like the pre-Relic weapons are equipable by jobs now, too.

So I expect those will be popular high-level crafted items - probably the best craftable weapons at the moment.
Yeah I'm tempted to max out a crafter job before I max out a combat class. Kind of sucks but back in 1.0 none of the classes really interested me enough to keep wanting to play past 30 D:

same here, I didn't care much about gil until people started expecting double melds.

maxing a crafter and gatherer is one of the first things I'll focus on in ARR. need to get them house monies.

Yeah, I started doing some mining and goldsmithing in 1.0 and is one of the things I'll focus on ARR.

LowParry

I played around with Weaving. It's pretty involving (which I'm sure if the case with others). Only thing I wish they'd let us do is create items in the bulk instead of one at a time.

mackaveli

I played around with Weaving. It's pretty involving (which I'm sure if the case with others). Only thing I wish they'd let us do is create items in the bulk instead of one at a time.

Yeah same, but I guess with the ability to create hi-quality items and the durability and the CP you have for crafting etc., the system wouldn't work if you could create in bulk?

LowParry

Yeah same, but I guess with the ability to create hi-quality items and the durability and the CP you have for crafting etc., the system wouldn't work if you could create in bulk?

True. Either way it's nothing to make a huge deal over. Just the component side of crafting would be nice to make in larger numbers instead of one at a time. I still need to work on a gathering skill and see how it works out with farming.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If I'm honest with myself, I probably wont, but the thought has crossed my mind. There's something alluring about pushing that first.

The thought of having gear to level up into and plow through the game? :p Well that and it's kind of a unique thing compared to a lot of other mmo's

They said back in alpha that bulk crafting would be possible in a later version but I haven't seen anything about it since.

mackaveli

True. Either way it's nothing to make a huge deal over. Just the component side of crafting would be nice to make in larger numbers instead of one at a time. I still need to work on a gathering skill and see how it works out with farming.

You're Dark Elf right? I'm Yoruichi Shihōin. It was fun doing instances with you.

dwix

Hmm well the crafting in this game is more of a mini game than set it and forget it :p So it will be a whole unique experience in and of itself. :D

Ya, I've enjoyed what I've experienced of the crafting so far (which isn't much, admittedly), so that is probably part of the reason why I'm considering it. I'm hoping to get some more crafting time in during the rest of phase 3 to see if it wears me down :p

LowParry

You're Dark Elf right? I'm Yoruichi Shihōin. It was fun doing instances with you.

Ohhhh, I've been wondering who was who when grouping up in game. Nice to know that was you. Now only if I knew who Tera was. We're all pretty close to getting to the Ifrit fight. We'll have to try that out this weekend and I believe we'll have some lvl 20 Guildhests to do too.

mackaveli

Ohhhh, I've been wondering who was who when grouping up in game. Nice to know that was you. Now only if I knew who Tera was. We're all pretty close to getting to the Ifrit fight. We'll have to try that out this weekend and we I believe we'll have some lvl 20 Guildhests to do too.

Yeah, I'll be playing for sure this weekend. I'll msg you in game and I'll be down to do Ifrit and some guildhests.

I'm just currently crafting trying to get some materia or learn the system at least before phase 4 comes out.

Yeah not too sure who Tera was.

Hopefully when the game comes out there be a list of player names and gaf names so it be easier to know whose who.

LowParry

Yeah, I'll be playing for sure this weekend. I'll msg you in game and I'll be down to do Ifrit and some guildhests.

I'm just currently crafting trying to get some materia or learn the system at least before phase 4 comes out.

Yeah not too sure who Tera was.

Hopefully when the game comes out there be a list of player names and gaf names so it be easier to know whose who.

Word. I need to find out how that materia thing works out. I've got gear with empty slots. And when it comes to Phase 4, I'll probably go by another name. Gonna have to get that updated with our character list here.

Xux

I thought it was neat that you could level up Culinarian to level 10 without leaving the guild and make a profit from the quests, lol.

omlet

That and I've never been big into crafting, so it is a little outside of my comfort zone.

You don't need to do it, then. Don't force yourself.

Because of how materia are made, you can make money making/selling materia out of cheap gear. Or gathering, if you like it more than crafting. Gathering is good money.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
They might have to wait until phase 4, though, since new characters aren't being allowed on legacy servers (for at least this coming test).

Ugh really? A lot of my friends are going to be on a legacy server, and I hadn't read that yet. Excitement to play this weekend is decreasing... just bring on phase 4...

Jijidasu

Ugh really? A lot of my friends are going to be on a legacy server, and I hadn't read that yet. Excitement to play this weekend is decreasing... just bring on phase 4...

* In order to facilitate the testing of character transfers from Version 1.0, as well as server stability, new characters cannot be created on Legacy Worlds. After carefully monitoring server traffic and congestion, this restriction will be lifted when these Worlds are confirmed to be stable

If you're logging on Friday at 6PM when it goes live you won't be able to get into the Legacy servers but I imagine a couple hours after that give or take, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom