• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Yup its the same across all races, Lalafell feel like you are taking massive leaps when you run, I don't like the new animations for them :(

Jinko

Not sure I'm enjoying the fact that you can't send/receive tells from people on your server while you're in the duty finder. That seems like a rather large misstep to me, and really can't understand it to be honest.

Also wondering though, would that also prevent you from using LS chat as well?

Here's a link and such.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/45178-No-whisper-or-chat-while-in-Dungeon?p=763734#post763734

Hah such bullshit, he locked the thread as well, linkshells still work and I assume Free Companies also, so its not all that bad really.

Hah such bullshit, he locked the thread as well, linkshells still work and I assume Free Companies also, so its not all that bad really.

Still, rather odd of a decision for something like that to occur. I'd kind of hope that it'd be worked at some point in the future, but I suppose if at least LS/FC chat still works, then it shouldn't be too bad like you stated.

Should be interesting to see what people have to say about it, and if the Director will make mention of it at all if it ever pops up.

omlet

When I first encountered the whisper restriction in an instance last weekend, I pretty much immediately knew why it was happening on a technical level, but it was still kind of a surprise when MMOs like TERA, XI, and WoW allow you to send tells back to your home server while in an instance (cross-server party or not). I can deal with it, but it would be good if they can address that down the road. They may have architect-ed themselves into a corner on this one, though, who knows.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not sure I'm enjoying the fact that you can't send/receive tells from people on your server while you're in the duty finder. That seems like a rather large misstep to me, and really can't understand it to be honest.

Also wondering though, would that also prevent you from using LS chat as well?

Here's a link and such.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/45178-No-whisper-or-chat-while-in-Dungeon?p=763734#post763734

You can't send tells and stuff when you are in a dungeon. It's like that already.

suzu

Wait, what? You can't send or receive tells if you're in a dungeon?

WoW is able to do cross-server dungeons and whispers. :(

You can't send tells and stuff when you are in a dungeon. It's like that already.

Still a bit of an oddity for it to work like that. I can see what omlet said from a technical standpoint, but it still puts a bit of a hamper on certain things, especially if the person you're trying to communicate with isn't from your LS/FC.

I suppose it's a character building feature.

Question, my brother have a legacy account, (he wanted to play the game, so I advice him to get a legacy account for the" free" stuff, before the shut down). I will start the game as new member, I would like to know if he can join the guild on ultros.

Jinko

Question, my brother have a legacy account, (he wanted to play the game, so I advice him to get a legacy account for the" free" stuff, before the shut down). I will start the game as new member, I would like to know if he can join the guild on ultros.

Sure he can, but he won't be able to use his old "legacy" character on Ultros.

Someone started a new dicsussion in general because of the one in feedback was closed,
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/51032-No-whisper-or-chat-while-in-Dungeon

Dunan

Check the bottom of the post in the OP. Server and guild information is listed there.

I only see Sargatanas for English-speaking veterans, Ultros for newcomers, and Durandal for Japan-based veterans. Is there a Japan-based group for newbs? I'm a total amateur (no MMO experience) but live in Japan and will probably be playing during Japanese prime hours.

ebil

Linkshells don't work !
I want to make sure tomorrow, because some people say it works on the OF and I've experienced an instanced battle where it definitely didn't work for me, so there might be a bug somewhere. This is incredibly stupid if it's by design.

Jijidasu

I came here to post about that thread, someone started a riot thread on the general discussion so I encourage all to lend their support for the cause. This is honestly a huge step backwards for them, so much I can't actually believe it's real.

Edit: I feel like my LS did work, but I could be wrong, too.

Jijidasu

In the case that LS chat etc are working for guildhest and dungeons I can't see any reason why direct messaging like /tell would be a hurdle..

suzu

Not being able to cross-server chat is incredibly stupid.

They should add the server name onto the character when doing instanced dungeons if it's due to people having the same names. But I suppose it must be more complicated than that.

Jijidasu

Sorry I didn't see your post until now. Durandal isn't just for veterans, the only request I have is that people can communicate unassisted.

There'll be a few new players coming to Durandal and as I said before you're more than welcome. If you're specifically looking for a new player only-kind of LS/FC on a Japanese server there are a couple being organised on the beta forums but I don't think those players speak Japanese, simply just living in south east Asia.

I only see Sargatanas for English-speaking veterans, Ultros for newcomers, and Durandal for Japan-based veterans. Is there a Japan-based group for newbs? I'm a total amateur (no MMO experience) but live in Japan and will probably be playing during Japanese prime hours.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Excited for tonight. I think I'll just be messing around on my archer on Ramuh a little more until I can make a character to play around with on Durandal. If you're on Ramuh and on tonight in JST, hit me up I'm lonely. Name is Suyo Go.

ZeroEdge

Ok cause even with clock I apparently suck at JST to EST time conversion...when is the server up this weekend 2pm JST or 2am JST or 2pm EST or 2am EST need to know as I'm trying to maximize my online time. Last weekend I got burned I thought the server was going down Monday at 2am and woke up Sunday at 8 am to find the server already down :(

Xux

Was there anything more said on transferring our 1.0 characters over?
...more than what? In less than eight hours, you can log in, go to the server your 1.0 character was on, log in as that character, pick a new starting city, and play. Armoury will be unlocked already and you can use whatever mount you have but you need to quest for your new level 15 and 30 class abilities and Grand Company status.

Ok cause even with clock I apparently suck at JST to EST time conversion...when is the server up this weekend 2pm JST or 2am JST or 2pm EST or 2am EST need to know as I'm trying to maximize my online time. Last weekend I got burned I thought the server was going down Monday at 2am and woke up Sunday at 8 am to find the server already down :(

The server comes up at 5 am ET 7hrs and 36 minutes~

Seth

...more than what? In less than eight hours, you can log in, go to the server your 1.0 character was on, log in as that character, pick a new starting city, and play. Armoury will be unlocked already and you can use whatever mount you have but you need to quest for your new level 15 and 30 class abilities and Grand Company status.
2 AM PST. A little over seven and a half hours from now.

I thought I heard somewhere we would need to use a form to get them transferred. But this works better.

Xux

I thought I heard somewhere we would need to use a form to get them transferred. But this works better.
Yeah, at some point they'll let you apply to transfer but they haven't said when. You'll just be on whatever server the character was on in 1.0 for now.

dwix

Going to be out of town this weekend, so I won't be on. Take a lot of screenshots so I can live vicariously through you all!

ZiZ

Sargatanas isn't for veterans, newcomers are welcome there. Ultros is for people who want a new server with no veteran characters.

suzu

New blogpost and artwork. Reminds me of Tactics Ogre: LUCT.

JP20130621_2.JPG

JP20130621_5.jpg

JP20130621_6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom