• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Ul'dah music is amazing, best of the 3 cities IMO, sounds a bit star wars though in places lol.

I hated Thanalans music in 1.0 so this is a refreshing change.

ebil

Still very nice, although my favorite track so far remains Limsa's. Seems like Soken somewhat changed the instrumentation of Uldah's track, it's a bit different from the leaked one.

I can't wait to visit Thanalan now!

Jijidasu

It's been up since JST midnight. Can't link it yet. I get an error telling me my birthday information is incorrect yet there's no information for my date of birth on my SE management account. I guess they'll implement those later today/tomorrow for added security reasons.

Allard

It's been up since JST midnight. Can't link it yet. I get an error telling me my birthday information is incorrect yet there's no information for my date of birth on my SE management account. I guess they'll implement those later today/tomorrow for added security reasons.

Might be timed to go into effect after Adoulin officially launches for FFXI later tonight, they might be delaying potential mishaps with registering those on SE account while that is going on.

NinjaJesus

Welp. I'm already confused. In the app it asks for the "Registration Password" and says that it's available in the One-Time Password page in the square enix account management system, but I can't find anything there except the serial code for my already existing one.

Yeah, I had that problem as well. I figure maybe they're not done setting everything up for it yet?

Forbiden

Is there any in-game rewards for using the token? I feel like they used to give a bag in XI but I can't find any info on it...

I do believe you would get the Mog Satchel in FFXI for using the Security Token, but I'd say that was more of a way to address the limited inventory space issue people complained a lot about while selling you something(the tokens used to cost money). I don't really see them doing something similar for FFXIV, although it would be nice if they would.

notworksafe

Hm. Maybe I'll pick it up for the Mog Satchel then.

I don't see a desperate need to secure an account for a game no one plays without some kind of incentive.

Is it necessary for it to support it? Its just to get a code it doesn't need to be fancy.

It just looks ugly with the black bars on top and bottom, I just don't see a reason not to support it when releasing a app today when the iPhone 5 have been out for months.

Teknoman

Still holding out hope that the music loop problem is fixed in beta p2. Especially with Thanalan having such a cool dry land theme.

zulfate

i found out a friend of mine was in the beta and he sent me some videos of some game play and it looks real good but i feel like SE could lower some of the spell effects. if anyone want to send me some more videos through a PM i would love you forever!!!!

oh yeah one more question, not sure if it is the same from 1.0 but how exactly do bards work in this game? do there spells cost MP/TP?

NeoForte

i found out a friend of mine was in the beta and he sent me some videos of some game play and it looks real good but i feel like SE could lower some of the spell effects. if anyone want to send me some more videos through a PM i would love you forever!!!!

oh yeah one more question, not sure if it is the same from 1.0 but how exactly do bards work in this game? do there spells cost MP/TP?

In 1.0 Bards were Archers that had access to 3 songs (Acc, MP refresh and TP regain). Each song had an MP cost and would stay up for about 3mins (longer with use of the 15min ability Battle Voice). Only 1 song could be up at a time on the Bard but if you put enough distance you could potential have 2 separate songs on the group (TP or Acc on Melee frontline and MP on mages in the back). TP regain also needed you to expend 1000TP (which you start off with 0 and capped at 3000), but it gave you a lot of TP as time went on until it wore off. Aside from songs your role was as a support DD. You'd take out any adds bosses put up or if it's just one, you would unload damage on it as much as you can. Bards even had a massive hitting AOE attack called Rain of Death.

Atm we don't know how Bard will be in 2.0. We don't know anything about the jobs actually (aside from DAT mined abilities). Honestly I don't see it changing too much.

zulfate

In 1.0 Bards were Archers that had access to 3 songs (Acc, MP refresh and TP regain). Each song had an MP cost and would stay up for about 3mins (longer with use of the 15min ability Battle Voice). Only 1 song could be up at a time on the Bard but if you put enough distance you could potential have 2 separate songs on the group (TP or Acc on Melee frontline and MP on mages in the back). TP regain also needed you to expend 1000TP (which you start off with 0 and capped at 3000), but it gave you a lot of TP as time went on until it wore off. Aside from songs your role was as a support DD. You'd take out any adds bosses put up or if it's just one, you would unload damage on it as much as you can. Bards even had a massive hitting AOE attack called Rain of Death.

Atm we don't know how Bard will be in 2.0. We don't know anything about the jobs actually (aside from DAT mined abilities). Honestly I don't see it changing too much.

thanks alot for the info!

Jinko

Oh they will regret doing that, you know that its only going to be so long before people actually start whining for Viangaa.

Qvoth

nah i'm pretty sure it's the real thing, i got a code and all
anyway, where do i go for the download link?

edit: nvm found it on the beta tester forums

smr00

Banned
nah i'm pretty sure it's the real thing, i got a code and all
anyway, where do i go for the download link?

edit: nvm found it on the beta tester forums
Yeah it is.

I don't recall ever signing up but awesome i guess.. Long as the Neverwinter open beta doesn't pop up before or during this beta ill play the poop out of it. If NW does.. Well.. You know how that goes :)

Talents

Banned
So I recently got a new computer and I'm trying to re install the beta yet whenever I try to install/update using the launcher an error comes up saying
"A problem occurred while updating.
Please restart FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)"

I've restarted it and even uninstalled and reinstalled it but it's not making a difference. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Cheers.

NinjaJesus

Hmm seems someone may have a second code.... what to do... what to do...

If it's on the same email then I'd just forget you have it. SE traces it back to you and there goes your account.

Phase 2 starts on Friday so it seems, characters will be carried over :O

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Te...e-2-Schedule-(04-01-2013)?p=358544#post358544

Looks like no grand company or private chocobo were added for phase 2.

This is great news. I didn't want to have to start over for gamepad testing. Now I can get to 30+ and try out the last dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom