• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

well after i got back into my account and registered the beta code, it didn't direct me to a download client. it told me to go somewhere on my account page, which i did, and all it said was that i had ffxiv registered and the date i registered it. i'm glad i got it figured out, but it was not clear how to get the install started.

Maybe this round of invites had a different email, I dunno. All I had to do was click on the link in my email and it took me to a page with a big red button that was a link to the forums where you can find the link to the download.

Pachinko

So does anyone have any idea how to fix the installer error ? I saw someone mention they changed a text file name. I'd really like to have this downloaded so I can actually test it this weekend :p

It's just a fairly generic message too- "an error has occurred while updating" and then it lists some numbers in brackets. Does it within 5-10 seconds of trying to download every single time without fail.

Xux

Damn, I dunno if I can stay up the four hours for this ish. Gosh darn West Coast of the US timezone!

Allard

Damn, I dunno if I can stay up the four hours for this ish. Gosh darn West Coast of the US timezone!

Not bothering, didn't bother with the last one either. I can do this type of stuff on weekends but no way I'm doing it on a work night. I'll catch high lights in the morning, should even 'just' finish when I wake up in the morning.

Qvoth

So does anyone have any idea how to fix the installer error ? I saw someone mention they changed a text file name. I'd really like to have this downloaded so I can actually test it this weekend :p

It's just a fairly generic message too- "an error has occurred while updating" and then it lists some numbers in brackets. Does it within 5-10 seconds of trying to download every single time without fail.

have you tried asking in the beta forums?

N.A

Banned
That was just another test :)

Proper letter is in around 50 minutes.

Here is a full translation of yesterday's test broadcast btw: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15baRgPPOIov1btrCRMdGh0NdiF13e0HulTpm5YAoqMQ/edit

And the awesome Reinheart will again be translating today's letter live here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VS9NCCBy9mz-8pdnvBMfjxTRK4nEIKRUoDXG6vhbbFI/preview?sle=true

As the google doc updates slow you reinheart is also streaming his translation here: http://www.twitch.tv/reinheartv

Exentryk

That explains it. The timezone worked out an hour later, so I was surprised to see them early lol.

Thanks for those links.

Munba

Housing area seems awesome.

Limsa is incredbile now, with the new lights. Very sunny and santorini-alike. Love it.

Exentryk

That FFVI opening was pretty cool!
SeuHD.gif

Jinko

Meh looks like you lose everything still on materia failure.

Weapons/armour will get slots and instead of a maximum amount of materia it will be maximum stats or something.

Looks like Chocobo companion is for open world content/questing only, not allowed to take in dungeon at launch.

N.A

Banned
Meh looks like you lose everything still on materia failure.

Weapons/armour will get slots and instead of a maximum amount of materia it will be maximum stats or something.

Looks like Chocobo companion is for open world content/questing only, not allowed to take in dungeon at launch.

Q16: In the previous broadcast, you mentioned that the materia system would be largely changing, but could you tell us some details on this?

A16: The equipment in A Realm Reborn will have sockets, and you will be able to place materia into these sockets without failure. We are calling any attempts to add further materia beyond the set number of sockets "forbidden," (what we referred to as multiple melding) but if you fail at this in A Realm Reborn you will not lose your equipment. We will also be addressing this so imbalances do not arise with gear that has been melded with multiple materia in version 1.0. We will let you know further information as we move toward release.

OMG, this is pretty close to what I suggested :)

Jinko

Thanalan looks so much better.

Q29: You have shown us many rewards that we will be able to obtain in ARR. How will crafted gear impact the game?

A29: In ARR, every gear is assigned with an item level. These item levels are also tied with the difficulty of each instanced dungeon. For example, let’s say you challenge a higher-level instanced dungeon without meeting the item level requirement. Players will be able to able to fill the missing item level via crafted items. Also, players will be able to unlock new crafting recipes by completing content. We’ll make sure the crafters will be able to shine in many aspects of the game!

Looks like dungeons will have gear checks :p

Munba

Ok, i want to live in limsa area. So nice now... tropical beaches with turquoise water. Exotic scenery. :0

So, super dumb question, does a Beta Phase 1 Invite allow a person access to all Beta Phases?

Ok, i want to live in limsa area. So nice now... tropical beaches with turquoise water. Exotic scenery. :0

Hell yes, it's like we could be in Valkrum Dunes for the rest of our lives taru :)

N.A

Banned
Roundup:

Screenshots from Live Letter: http://minus.com/mo00FxErz2vrC

Info:
Magitek + Snow Zone (Either Mor Dhona or Coerthas) shown.
Magitek can be customized.
They are considering adding specific content for chocobos/Magitek to participate in.
Terra's theme (FFVI music) remix is done, they are still deciding how to use it ingame.
New materia system. Weapons are no longer destroyed when melding fails.
16-18 Instanced Dungeons at launch.
There will be outdoor-based dungeons.
Fishing will be affected by weather.
Chocobo's will have something like a skill tree to determine their role in battle.
Chocobo armour does not affect stats, they don't want everyone using the same chcocobo armour.
Chocobo's will sync to your level.
At launch chocobo's will not be able to be used in dungeons but they may lift this restriction at some point.
New Collectors Edition will have in-game item. Those who bought the original CE will get something too.
Started work on a PvP spectator mode that allows you to view a battle from another characters viewpoint.
New Lodestone will launch between Phase 3 & 4.
Airship rides are same as 1.0. Though they are considering adding FATEs that take place on airships.
Limit Breaks/Arcanist/Coerthas & Mor Dhona will be revealed in trailers soon.
Legacy players will be able to signup to get their name in the credits next week.

Victrix

*beard*
Oh my god that magitek armor looks fucking awesome. If this game is even remotely good I'll pay a sub fee just to run around in those while going *squeeeeeeee*

VariantX

Man, cant wait to play this beta. It's perfect timing that my schoolwork is caught up and my schedule this weekend is almost completely clear, save a few hours set aside for java programming practice.

Roundup:

Screenshots from Live Letter: http://minus.com/mo00FxErz2vrC

Info:
Magitek + Snow Zone (Either Mor Dhona or Coerthas) shown.
Magitek can be customized.
They are considering adding specific content for chocobos/Magitek to participate in.
Terra's theme (FFVI music) remix is done, they are still deciding how to use it ingame.
New materia system. Weapons are no longer destroyed when melding fails.
16-18 Instanced Dungeons at launch.
There will be outdoor-based dungeons.
Fishing will be affected by weather.
Chocobo's will have something like a skill tree to determine their role in battle.
Chocobo armour does not affect stats, they don't want everyone using the same chcocobo armour.
Chocobo's will sync to your level.
At launch chocobo's will not be able to be used in dungeons but they may lift this restriction at some point.
New Collectors Edition will have in-game item. Those who bought the original CE will get something too.
Started work on a PvP spectator mode that allows you to view a battle from another characters viewpoint.
New Lodestone will launch between Phase 3 & 4.
Airship rides are same as 1.0. Though they are considering adding FATEs that take place on airships.
Limit Breaks/Arcanist/Coerthas & Mor Dhona will be revealed in trailers soon.
Legacy players will be able to signup to get their name in the credits next week.

HNGGGG

Sounds awesome, also are those Empire armors what I see? I WANT THEM!!

Oh well, that's definetly not as cool...I miss FF XI airship rides.

Although I part of me likes the fact we don't have to wait 10 minutes to reach the destination.

Salaadin

They send out PS3 beta codes? Friend of mine signed up for PS3 beta but just got a code sent to him. He says that its coming back as invalid though.

BibiMaghoo

Just got my Beta invite today, didn't have a code from FFXIII, just signed up for participation a few weeks back.

Client is 9Gb though. That will take me two days :(

Never played this at all before now, and skipped FFXI so am really looking forward to giving this a go.

omlet

Why would you have to rebuy it if you owned the old one? Arent we all getting the upgrade for free?

Yes, new PC version will be free to existing account holders. PS3 version will not.

If you played 1.x and want to play on PC you don't need to buy the PC version again (unless you want to for CE goodies or another buddy pass or something), but if you want to play PS3 version you need to buy a copy of the game (can still use your existing account with that copy of the software if you had one).

I'm praying for a next-gen version so I can give them even more money ;-;

You should hold out for a special edition FF XIV: ARR PS4 :)

I have the 1.0 CE, but will most definitely get the PS3 ARR CE if they have one for that version.

Yeah, I'm leaning in that direction myself. would be nice to play from the couch without moving my PC and since I'd have to buy the ps3 version to play that anyway, I may as well throw them some extra $$ for the CE if the extras are worth it.

vivin

woot, I got in! been waiting to check this out for a long time. I quit after about a month in v1.0. Lets hope this is an improvement ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom