• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

It's "normal" you see a logged name above lol ... it's not me :D It's a bug i think.

Btw.. this seems a new area?

elezen_011.jpg

cjsnapp

Neo Member
Am I the only one getting the "Due to ongoing maintenance, this page is currently unavailable. Please try again later"?

Sora_N

Lol I made my character, then logged it in and the game crashed.

I love the game so far...great music, great everything, but I seem to have a problem taking screenshots. I know it's supposed to be Scroll Lock + Print Screen, but I have a Logitech Keyboard so I have to use the FN Key to do scroll lock. Can't seem to figure it out, unless the game doesn't have a message saying a screenshot was saved.

Roulette

In now. So far so good. I can see characters running around with what looks like linkshell/guilds under their names. Is there a GAF one yet?

Never mind, it was something else. Haven't played anything FFO since putting in 15 days on a trial of vanilla FFXI, so I'm just guessing at everything. Works so far.

Munba

Lol I made my character, then logged it in and the game crashed.

I love the game so far...great music, great everything, but I seem to have a problem taking screenshots. I know it's supposed to be Scroll Lock + Print Screen, but I have a Logitech Keyboard so I have to use the FN Key to do scroll lock. Can't seem to figure it out, unless the game doesn't have a message saying a screenshot was saved.

In beta 1 the 'print' button was disabled (i used fraps). Dunno for beta 2.

N.A

Banned
So if you did everything in Phase 1 there really isn't anything in phase 2. Grand Companies have no quests atm, seals can only be earned from FATEs. And the chocobo whistle is the only thing worth getting.

The gamepad works really well though. Once you get used to where you put your skills it's just as fast as m+k. I just hope the targeting modes are implemented well (target only enemies or NPCs etc.).

I guess i'm out until phase 3.

Mendrox

Got a beta invite for this weekend!

Played FFXI about 2 hours about 5 years ago lol never really got in to that and didn't play FFXIV, so I am really excited because I liked what I saw :)

Jinko

Enjoy it,that's the only voices you will hear...this is my only gripe/small pet peeve with the game,they could of added voices in the cutscenes at least but oh well...

They are adding voice work for the cutscenes but not until phase 4 I think.

So if you did everything in Phase 1 there really isn't anything in phase 2. Grand Companies have no quests atm, seals can only be earned from FATEs. And the chocobo whistle is the only thing worth getting.

The gamepad works really well though. Once you get used to where you put your skills it's just as fast as m+k. I just hope the targeting modes are implemented well (target only enemies or NPCs etc.).

I guess i'm out until phase 3.

EDIT: NVM, Shoulda done my research!

Ricker

They are adding voice work for the cutscenes but not until phase 4 I think.

Ah ok nice then...the 360 controller works well,just need to get use to it,I will try it all weekend...there is still some things that I cant figure out using it,like scrolling inside the map,how to switch from say to shout,little things like that but the rest is pretty well done,reminds me of Tera...RT with A,B,Y,X gives you a set,then LT another ,etc etc...for now since I am only level 17 with few skills it's ok...

EDIT: As corrected ,it's LT,RT...sorry.

burgerdog

Ah ok nice then...the 360 controller works well,just need to get use to it,I will try it all weekend...there is still some things that I cant figure out using it,like scrolling inside the map,how to switch from say to shout,little things like that but the rest is pretty well done,reminds me of Tera...RB with A,B,Y,X gives you a set,then LB another ,etc etc...for now since I am only level 17 with few skills it's ok...

I can't get the abilities to pop when I press lb or rb :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom