• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A

Banned
so i already got into the beta last week, but i just found out i got another beta key on my other email account since i used 3-4 to apply to the beta
will i be banned if i gave it to my brother?

No. I gave away my spare during phase 1.

Foffy

Banned
I got into the Beta and did everything with the email, but I have to ask; am I supposed to get a download to the FFXIV beta, or do I have to have FFXIV even installed to access this rebooted beta?

I got into the Beta and did everything with the email, but I have to ask; am I supposed to get a download to the FFXIV beta, or do I have to have FFXIV even installed to access this rebooted beta?

It's an entirely new client.

Register on the beta forums and you'll find a link to the client under the "Test Client Download" section of the forum.

Kambing

I also received a beta code this morning, and currently downloading the client. The instructions could have been more thorough... omitting the fact that the client download was in the beta forums made me waste 15 minutes lol.

Looking forward to trying this out.

VoxPop

Sweet, got a code today morning. God why is the Square website and sign up such a convoluted mess and a pain in the ass?

Zozobra

Cool, got an invite this morning as well.

I realize it's still early on the ARR-era so things may have changed from 1.0, but in terms of the jobs are there support classes in the game? I mean, I played both Bard and RDM in FFXI and loved those jobs, is the Bard in XIV in a similar role?

I realize it's still early on the ARR-era so things may have changed from 1.0, but in terms of the jobs are there support classes in the game? I mean, I played both Bard and RDM in FFXI and loved those jobs, is the Bard in XIV in a similar role?

Bard was mostly support in 1.0, but could work as DD if it was a really slow day. Definitely not a first choice though. Some mages wouldn't even budge without a Bard on board.

Allard

Bard is closer to Corsair in this game (or at least it was in 1.0, jobs are not in beta at the moment). A range damage dealer that happens to have the capacity to buff and the buffs last about 3 minutes (longer if you got the artifact weapon). The current Bard is like if you were a Ranger and subbed /BRD in FFXI but had the full song potency of a normal bard. Can only give one song effect to a person at a time, but song positioning will allow you to split songs to melee and magic users. Subbable abilities come from Thamataurges and Conjurorer which means a little healing and extra buffs/protective spells and abilities. They were an adequate damage dealer and were aided by the simple fact they were a range damage dealer which means you didn't need to stop doing damage just go to the back line to cast a song on magic users. They also had lots of enmity fluctuating abilities and okay AOE abilities, not great, but decent compared to some of the other classes.

Just remember this was from 1.0, we don't know yet what has changed for jobs in 2.0 yet since they haven't been implemented or even discussed much. For all we know they could have radically changed their skill set or function, less/more songs (can't be much less then we got in 1.0 lol). They already changed functionally thanks to the combo/combat change. The greatest limitation on the previous version of Archer/Bard was recast time on their weaponskills as they were greatly dependant on some of their higher end combo's to do good burst damage which were accompanied by a fairly long reuse timer. Their one standard AOE ability had like a minute and 20 second wait time which meant you almost never wanted to use it unless you had it in a combo to maximize the results, same with their noct arrow move which when comboed allowed you to cause devastating damage to a single target, but the recast was like 3 minutes and required a 2 chain combo to even open it up.

Didn't they say that even Legacy caps would have to replay the story? If that's the case, I dunno if I'm gonna use a reroll to do it or just go through with my Legacy char.

I believe they said that 1.0 characters would be treated differently and start in a different location than new characters. So I think their storyline would be different at least up to a point where they would converge into the main story.

They did say that legacy characters would have to do their class quests to get their new skills... since there are class quests every 5 levels now.

VoxPop

Um where do I download the client? I registered my beta code and all that. Their website is a steamy pile of crap to navigate.

I believe they said that 1.0 characters would be treated differently and start in a different location than new characters. So I think their storyline would be different at least up to a point where they would converge into the main story.

They did say that legacy characters would have to do their class quests to get their new skills... since there are class quests every 5 levels now.

Ah, I may have conflated the class quest stuff with the main storyline then.

VoxPop

So I just finished downloading the game and I'm getting this

XPb5nSd.png

Servers down?

turns out i received 2 more beta keys even though i already got it last week, do you want it? i can only give 1 since the other i'm giving to my brother

If they sent it to your square enix account email, don't share it. They'll ban your account.

If you signed up on multiple email addresses that were not associated with a square enix account, you're probably ok to share.

Qvoth

If they sent it to your square enix account email, don't share it. They'll ban your account.

If you signed up on multiple email addresses that were not associated with a square enix account, you're probably ok to share.
Someone at the top of this page replied to my post about it, it should be fine
Tesseract I'll pm to u later

Just got my beta key and I'm installing the client. What's the verdict so far on the game from people who participated in Phase 1?

Edit: Already found my first bug, and it's in the launcher. lol

Just got my beta key and I'm installing the client. What's the verdict so far on the game from people who participated in Phase 1?

Edit: Already found my first bug, and it's in the launcher. lol

Post about it on the beta forum. Someone can probably help you out.

I didn't have any issues with it.

I think i'm not in the beta yet because I clicked PC AND PS3 when they asked which system I wanted to test on. Should've just done pc...

At least I can play my friend's account ;D

Post about it on the beta forum. Someone can probably help you out.

I didn't have any issues with it.

It's not a show stopper or anything, just a minor UI bug. Hasn't yet been reported, so I'll probably report it myself.

Edit: nvm, looks like they're only interested in crashes / show stoppers right now

Veronica

Banned
Guys, I would love to try this. I signed up for beta long ago but I didn't get a code. If anyone would PM me one, I have a Firefall beta key and a bunch of others you guys could take a pick from.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I guess they just hate gUrL GaMerz. jk

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So good, no beta play this month and no names on credit because I'm in Tokyo, left my authenticator at home and I'm arriving back on May 1st

Qvoth

I got invited but I'm Malaysian so can't really make a Square Enix account. Should I make a US one instead?

just create some bogus address like 00 Fake Street NYC or something, that's what i did for my s-e account
been using that account for many years and never met any problem

Munba

So good, no beta play this month and no names on credit because I'm in Tokyo, left my authenticator at home and I'm arriving back on May 1st

I'm sure there is a method to delete the one-time password if you loose the authenticator. And then you could recreate it by the new mobile application.

NinjaJesus

I'm sure there is a method to delete the one-time password if you loose the authenticator. And then you could recreate it by the new mobile application.

This is what I was thinking. They don't have other ways to verify yourself? Like Blizzard makes you send a pic of your ID.

I got invited as well. Is it just for one weekend or every incoming phases?

You're invited to it all, babycakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom