• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

Haven't really logged in since end of phase 1 because time issue and there doesn't seem to be anything new.

Since I don't use controller, is there anything worth checking out in phase 2? I kinda saw grand company during that 30 min I did log on last week. Wonder if there's more to see or not.
I also have 1 class at 35 and another at 30 already so I think I played enough during phase 1.

Also as for keys. I found out the reason they sent me two is because I had 2 email. My Legacy status is on one of my email and i signed up for beta with another. Is the key tied to the email? if not I can give my non-legacy code out

Credo

When the characters are wiped at the end of phase 2 and possibly phase 3, does that mean that the characters themselves will be deleted or will the characters still exist and just be reset to level 1?

LowParry

When the characters are wiped at the end of phase 2 and possibly phase 3, does that mean that the characters themselves will be deleted or will the characters still exist and just be reset to level 1?

Characters will be gone entirely. So if you have characters that you really really want (name-wise) you best be ready for Phase 4 when it starts.

Credo

Characters will be gone entirely. So if you have characters that you really really want (name-wise) you best be ready for Phase 4 when it starts.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know if I needed to start worrying about grabbing a certain name now or if it would be alright to wait. Is it still speculated that the last wipe will be at the end of phase 2 or are people thinking it might be at the end of phase 3 now?

LowParry

Thanks for the info. I didn't know if I needed to start worrying about grabbing a certain name now or if it would be alright to wait. Is it still speculated that the last wipe will be at the end of phase 2 or are people thinking it might be at the end of phase 3 now?

I believe it's official of characters wipes after 2 and 3.

As for PS3 invites, they are separate from PC invites.

So what are your opinions on the classes we have so far? I'm typically an altaholic, so it's nice testing out some classes before release. I got lancer to 25 and know I'm not gonna play that at launch, nor conjurer. Archer is so so, apparently Phase 3 will bring major changes to it.

Gladiator is surprisingly fun even though I typically never go for the tank classes. I can't wait to try out Pugilist and Marauder, hopefully I don't like them so I can happily stick with Arcanist :p

Sora_N

To think Archers are getting an overhaul on abilities with Phase 3 :D

That's good news, I usually play (or try to) physical attackers but I didn't really feel much for Lancer.

On a random note, I finally bought some new armor for my character...ugh it makes her poor-looking compared to the initial clothes lol. Hope they get better?

I'm so using Ninja if they have it.

No NIN. :(

It would be cool if they gave us branching jobs somewhere down the line though. If the initial release goes off okay, it certainly seems likely.

ARC could probably get RNG option in addition to BRD.
WAR could get something like DRK added to its path.

Would probably need some new base classes for stuff like NIN and THF to fit back in though. Arcanist is hopefully the first.

Jinko

You will be able to use your character from 1.0 FWIW.

Will I be in the PS3 beta by default? I bet my brother wouldn't mind playing this.

I think not, although I'm not 100% sure. If I remember correctly, the only people who get automatically in the PS3 beta are those who entered the FF13 code in the apply. So I think Legacy players = PC beta guaranteed, but not ps3. If you applied for that, you will be a candidate, of course.

Sorian

Banned
So I'm now in the beta but I haven't brought myself to download and play? Should I? Has the game vastly improved? I was one of the ones that felt very burned because I day 1'ed this against my better judgement and I'm not here to whine. Just honestly curious if the game is decent, good, excellent, etc. Or if its still bad.

Edit: Obviously, I understand the NDA so I need no specific, just general judgements.

Aeana

There's so much I really want to talk about, but the NDA. (._. )
I've played much more than I intended to and I think I'm going to be stopping until phase 3 now. But man I am excited.

LowParry

So I'm now in the beta but I haven't brought myself to download and play? Should I? Has the game vastly improved? I was one of the ones that felt very burned because I day 1'ed this against my better judgement and I'm not here to whine. Just honestly curious if the game is decent, good, excellent, etc. Or if its still bad.

Edit: Obviously, I understand the NDA so I need no specific, just general judgements.

Hmm. If I were to compare this to WoW (yeah, lame, I know, but it's the better comparison to other MMOs), I'd say with what they have intended, it will be up to par, if not better in certain area's of the game that is compared to WoW. I'll have a better impression once I get some real good time with Phase 3 but I think the overall package will be really great.

However I will say this for now; Combat can be a hit or miss with people. I understand their complaints with this. What I hope to see is the changes made in Phase 3 and with 1.0 folks coming in with their characters to test, can give us real good feedback on the combat system.

Tc91

To think Archers are getting an overhaul on abilities with Phase 3 :D

What's coming in phase 3 for them?

I found the game extremely enjoyable but the ranger skills were a little boring, spamming 1 ability until you got a crit heavy shot.

Didn't really like Farshot used up too much tp for what it hit for.

LowParry

I found the game extremely enjoyable but the ranger skills were a little boring, spamming 1 ability until you got a crit heavy shot.

I'm not entirely sure of the details. And if there were, can't really say. However I don't believe there is a list of changes made to Archer. So I would expect with patch notes of Phase 3, we'll have our answers.

One thing they said was that archer in particular didn't really have any abilities that combo together in the earlier levels, so I think one thing they're doing is giving them more abilities that combo at earlier levels to make it more interesting.

As for specific changes, we'd be guessing at this point as they haven't said exactly what.

BlackJace

I want to go Archer for the full game I think. Either that or Thaurmaturge.
Here's hoping Archer gets a huge upgrade like they're planning.

raven777

Have been playing lancer until LV 15. Loving a lot of things so far.

Combat is better than I thought but still not 100% satisfied.

I wish I can talk about it and release bunch of screenshots but damn NDA...

New Mog Log up: [http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/20/the-mog-log-pushing-back-on-final-fantasy-xiv/]

"I know all of this, and it makes me very nervous when I'm told that something else is being pushed back to be added a little bit later. I've said before that simply fixing the old game isn't enough; it needs something to wow people. Hearing that Arcanist is going to be moved back for a later addition makes me all kinds of antsy."

"Nervous? A bit. I have no doubt that given time, everything held back from launch will be in the game. I have no doubt that with the fullness of time, Naoki Yoshida can oversee several expansions and improvements that will be truly spectacular, as evidenced by watching his operation of the game. But I wonder how harsh judgement will be, I wonder how much time he'll have after the relaunch if everything doesn't come together nicely, and I wonder what will happen when the curtain is lifted."

Sora_N

Loving the Aethernet Shard system, but I don't like how you have to pay money to use the teleport skill...that is sorta weird.

Jinko

Just download it :D

They mentioned combos is all I remember.
Loving the Aethernet Shard system, but I don't like how you have to pay money to use the teleport skill...that is sorta weird.

Used to be much worse.

Seems like the doom and gloom has got to him as well ..

I think SE are being wise in holding stuff back and not implementing half finished content.

elyetis

I think SE are being wise in holding stuff back and not implementing half finished content.
Not rushing things is probaly a vise choice ( even when it sadly mean a phase 3 making so much time to get there >_<" ), but I must say I am a little afraid too, by how much feature are only a 'after launch' thingy, and from what we know, with a wait of 3-6 month.

It really was quite a shock to learn that vanity slot wouldn't be ready for release, and would most likely take 6 month to get in-game ( if my memory serve me right ).

By the way, did someone make some kind of planning/roadmap showing what we should expect after release ( like housing and pvp ) and when ?

desu

That is right, but at the same if they postpone tons of content after launch then I just don't see it going well. I am still pretty torn, for new players it's probably less of a problem however as a returning player I still don't see myself subbing back for 2.0.

It really was quite a shock to learn that vanity slot wouldn't be ready for release, and would most likely take 6 month to get in-game ( if my memory serve me right ).

As nice as a vanity slot is, they could postpone this 2 years in my book, if they add something really useful instead :p.

elyetis

As nice as a vanity slot is, they could postpone this 2 years in my book, if they add something really useful instead :p.
How much it add to the gear variety make it a must for me. There is just too much gear we didn't see enough in ffxi because it wasn't good enough stat wise, or the opposite, gear you ended up wearing while hating it just because it had good stats ( hi subligar ).
I just think that it bring really much to the table for a game with such good looking gears, for what -I think- should take little devellopement time, that i'm really really disapointed to see it get in the game so late.

And yeah I want to pex in my nice swimsuit.

Jinko

Something tells me they will hold this back as part of an expansion or large patch content.

It makes sense to me that you would try and stagger your content otherwise you are going to run out of the things to add to the game and keep people interested.

Even Blizzard did this with WotLK.

Ricker

They really should change the beta weekends from Friday to Saturday and Sunday instead...Sunday morning would probably get more people playing then Friday morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom