• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A

Banned
I thought the Coliseum was in Ul'dah.

The PvP Coliseum is in Limsa:

5ZHpEyt.jpg

There is a coliseum near the GLA guild in Ul'dah as well but I'm not sure of it's real name.

Edit: The Gladiators' Guild was actually called "The Coliseum". Guess they'll need to change that in ARR.

Jijidasu

Er, wow. I was playing FFXI and I d/ced. Tried to login and told me my password was wrong. (I use a security token, too). Tried the management site and it still failed. Oh man.. what the hell.

Er, wow. I was playing FFXI and I d/ced. Tried to login and told me my password was wrong. (I use a security token, too). Tried the management site and it still failed. Oh man.. what the hell.

The same happened to me (in XIV in this case). Send a message to the support center. Seems like the security token password is stuck in that session so any other you use is "wrong". I guess you can disable the security token yourself if you have the code, but I don't know if you can activate it again...

So I checked one of my older e-mails and found out that I've been in the beta since February 22nd. Wish I had remembered to check it. Just finished downloading the game so I'm ready to play for the upcoming weekend.

Qvoth

zam's new impression says dex increases chance of parry while str increases the damage mitigation from parry, interesting

ebil

technically just saying you're in the beta is breaking nda, but everybody does so in this thread anyway
They don't care at all about you saying you're in the Beta, so long that you don't feel the urge to back it up with screenshots, impressions and videos to 'prove' that you're in. This has been their stance since Alpha.

What are the mod's stance on breaking the NDA? I know reddit is ok with breaking it, but i'm not sure about gaf.

I prolly won't play this weekend, I got FFXI to tide me over until Phase 3 :D

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
What are the mod's stance on breaking the NDA? I know reddit is ok with breaking it, but i'm not sure about gaf.

I prolly won't play this weekend, I got FFXI to tide me over until Phase 3 :D

No NDA break here.

ebil

To add to the topic of NDA, it's being (very) partially lifted from this weekend on: testers are now free to share information (but still no screenshots or videos) on Old Gridania, New Gridania, and character creation.

Have fun writing essays on Mi'qote tail length.

ebil

Also the sahagin area seems cool. Wish to see their city (underwater?).
Quite a long time ago, Yoshida hinted that he would like to make an 'underwater' expansion in the future, so maybe by then?
An underwater city would be so cool with this engine.

Xux

Weird that they mentioned Paglth'an and Xelphatol. Wonder if we'll get to go to those places soon after launch.

Munba

Quite a long time ago, Yoshida hinted that he would like to make an 'underwater' expansion in the future, so maybe by then?
An underwater city would be so cool with this engine.

Yeah, can't wait for that. And also for a possible personal ship to travel across the sea and dive here and there. :0

N.A

Banned
Some interesting areas in those screenshots:

I guess this is Mor Dhona:
ss_001.jpg

Natalan? (Yoshi said the strongholds would be returning).
ss_002.jpg

U'Ghamaro Mines?
ss_002.jpg

desu

Not sure about the screenshots. I like the environments in 1 and 3, but it looks kind of meh texture wise, not even sure if those are even finished at all.

ebil

Huh, so Ramuh is associated with the Slyphs after all.

Was that confirmed before?
It is in ARR Beta, but there were hints in V1 as well (the Sylphs' tribal 'glyph' that decorated some altars in the Black Shroud has always been a lightning bolt, for instance).

Edit: I wonder which beastmen worship Shiva?

Months ago, one of those GM controlled reporters came to Ul'dah, interviewing players about all kind of things. He talked about "the giants of the cold lands in the north who adored a Goddess of Ice". So I think Yohi gave them permission to foreshadow some incoming events.

Allard

It is in ARR Beta, but there were hints in V1 as well (the Sylphs' tribal 'glyph' that decorated some altars in the Black Shroud has always been a lightning bolt, for instance).

That and Black Shrouds primary 'weather' phenomenon was lightning, had it maybe more often then a normal rain storm which was also fairly common. In the original 1.0 story the Slyphs even mentioned they had a primal they worshipped, but feared ever using that power as they saw it as evil.

Months ago, one of those GM controlled reporters came to Ul'dah, interviewing players about all kind of this. He talked about "the giants of the cold lands in the north who adored a Goddess of Ice". So I think Yohi gave them permission to foreshadow some incoming events.

FFXI style giants would be a 'cool' touch... Sorry

Jinko

Some interesting areas in those screenshots:

I guess this is Mor Dhona:
ss_001.jpg

Natalan? (Yoshi said the strongholds would be returning).
ss_002.jpg

U'Ghamaro Mines?
ss_002.jpg

Whoa those screens look amazing, not sure if I like what they did to Mor Dhona though.

Although what are Sahagin doing in Mor Dhona, maybe its part of Cassiopeia Hollow. (I would imagine its a dungeon now)

It's strange there is no Shiva there, especially seeing as we have already seen the model and concept art for her.

ebil

It's strange there is no Shiva there, especially seeing as we have already seen the model and concept art for her.
When they showed her model and everyone started complaining she wasn't blue on the OF, Fernehalwes actually explained that Shiva was WIP and would be implemented some time after launch.

Allard

Must be saving that for the Ishgard expansion. >_>

Naw its coming in 'vanilla' 2.0. We already got a character render of Shiva from Zbrush and she is on the primals poster for the new release. It just probably won't happen at launch but once Mor Dhona/Coerthas opens up maybe we will finally see the beastmen that she represents. I wonder/hope its not those cyclops mobs that got introduced in 1.21 and its actually a brand new race that just hasnt been properly introduced yet.

Allard

I'm pretty sure that's not Mor Dhona. I don't think is a place where an aquatic race would put their stronghold...

Probably a revitalized region in west or Central La Noscea (near Mist Beard Cove and camp bald knoll), unless that is the Sahagin Stronghold depicted but not shown in North La Noscea during the initial 2.0 reveal. I know its pretty tiring to say this but we honestly know next to nothing on the other regions besides Black Shroud and what they look like. We have only seen Southern La Noscea and Limsa, and we have seen 'parts' of Central Thanalan and West Thanalan, the rest are still a complete mystery.

Probably a revitalized region in west or Central La Noscea (near Mist Beard Cove and camp bald knoll), unless that is the Sahagin Stronghold depicted but not shown in North La Noscea during the initial 2.0 reveal. I know its pretty tiring to say this but we honestly know next to nothing on the other regions besides Black Shroud and what they look like. We have only seen Southern La Noscea and Limsa, and we have seen 'parts' of Central Thanalan and West Thanalan, the rest are still a complete mystery.

I kinda ok with that. Because I want to experience the game fresh enough. Is already a shame I'm gonna spoil myself with Phase 3, because no way I'm gonna hold until release. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom